PRE-GAME [THE BIG DANCE] BRISBANE BRONCOS Vs PENRITH PANTHERS - 2023 NRL GRAND FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Storm were absolutely and utterly shit. Penrith will murder us if we get that many errors, and it'll be the same advice for Penrith from their staff. Completion rate will be a very big stat in this match.
Also where we make the errors.

The 3 that hurt us vs warriors were a drop on the kick (tackle 1 error deep in our end)... an intercept try and gifting a 7 tackle set from a poor unplanned kick.

Palasia also had an error in our end... but that looked like hands all over it and more to do with #GameManagement

Trying to recall any others we might have had in our half?

I feel like we've typically been quite good error wise coming out of yardage... most errors have been Walsh going for Hollywood plays, but that typically ends up being a 6 tackle set deep in opposition territory.

It let's them off the hook, but it typically means just getting back into the grind with a set defensive line.

Also where we make the errors.

The 3 that hurt us vs warriors were a drop on the kick (tackle 1 error deep in our end)... an intercept try and gifting a 7 tackle set from a poor unplanned kick.

Palasia also had an error in our end... but that looked like hands all over it and more to do with #GameManagement

Trying to recall any others we might have had in our half?

I feel like we've typically been quite good error wise coming out of yardage... most errors have been Walsh going for Hollywood plays, but that typically ends up being a 6 tackle set deep in opposition territory.

It let's them off the hook, but it typically means just getting back into the grind with a set defensive line.

If it happens with Haas and Carrigan off the field, the grind is the issue. That's where both go forward and defence drop off and it's about holding on until they get back. That period is my biggest fear in this game.

If it happens with Haas and Carrigan off the field, the grind is the issue. That's where both go forward and defence drop off and it's about holding on until they get back. That period is my biggest fear in this game.
I'm thinking Kevvie will go with the same rotation he did vs warriors

Haas off after 30mins
Patty off at 50mins, but hes subbed for Haas... who then plays out the rest of the game

Patty would have like 10-15min break before coming back on... pending game situation.

That feels like a good balance and would mean we always have one or both of them on the field for the whole game

I'm thinking Kevvie will go with the same rotation he did vs warriors

Haas off after 30mins
Patty off at 50mins, but hes subbed for Haas... who then plays out the rest of the game

Patty would have like 10-15min break before coming back on... pending game situation.

That feels like a good balance and would mean we always have one or both of them on the field for the whole game

Be interesting to see if Flegs plays off the bench or lines up.

What bothered me the most about our performance against the Warriors, was in the first half when we got a bit of a roll on and built up some momentum. I think it was 24-8 in our favour at the time.

We started to play really low percentage footy, and you could see the lads getting carried away. They started to throw the ball around willy-nilly, with no respect for possession or the result. It culminated in that terrible end to a set, where Walsh kicked it dead.

In a normal season game, chancing our arm like that and throwing it around with a solid lead probably wouldn't bother me as much. Finals footy though, is a different beast. You need to be relentless and ruthless. You can't give the opposition any opportunities, no matter the score.

Look at the 2001 grand final, the Knights raced away to a huge lead and the Eels nearly reeled them in.

I don't think the Panthers will allow us to get up a head of steam like the Warriors did, but we need to be a lot smarter about when we decide to throw it around and the status of the match at the time. We need to be clinical and not afraid to take the 'boring' option. The Panthers will absolutely capitalise on any mistake we make, so we can't afford to give them good field position on the back of an error.

I'm not saying we should completely tone it down - that goes against what's made us so great this season. We just need be a bit calmer in what we do. We're capable of scoring from anywhere on the field, so we don't need to try and 'force' it, or panic and try extremely low percentage plays.

What bothered me the most about our performance against the Warriors, was in the first half when we got a bit of a roll on and built up some momentum. I think it was 24-8 in our favour at the time.

We started to play really low percentage footy, and you could see the lads getting carried away. They started to throw the ball around willy-nilly, with no respect for possession or the result. It culminated in that terrible end to a set, where Walsh kicked it dead.

In a normal season game, chancing our arm like that and throwing it around with a solid lead probably wouldn't bother me as much. Finals footy though, is a different beast. You need to be relentless and ruthless. You can't give the opposition any opportunities, no matter the score.

Look at the 2001 grand final, the Knights raced away to a huge lead and the Eels nearly reeled them in.

I don't think the Panthers will allow us to get up a head of steam like the Warriors did, but we need to be a lot smarter about when we decide to throw it around and the status of the match at the time. We need to be clinical and not afraid to take the 'boring' option. The Panthers will absolutely capitalise on any mistake we make, so we can't afford to give them good field position on the back of an error.

I'm not saying we should completely tone it down - that goes against what's made us so great this season. We just need be a bit calmer in what we do. We're capable of scoring from anywhere on the field, so we don't need to try and 'force' it, or panic and try extremely low percentage plays.

To sum this up. Slow your brain Reece.

And Cobbo, FFS wait until the bloke catches the ball before you break his ribs!!

Still reckon he scores there if he goes for the catch...he'd have outleaped the catcher, with speed, from 10m out...with no-one else in sight. An opportunity missed IMO.

Because I am bored, been studying the peoples eating habits. 😂 We all need to pool our money & have the maccs & Kfc franchise. Or any franchise.

Quick question, can you die of boredom. lol

focus on error is the wrong stat. Most errors come from Reece BUT he triples the positives stats. Don't let fear hold you back. I am so confident in this team. I reckon we win by 8 with the Cats going at us in the last 10 and we hold strong with 12 men. Flegs in bin for late hit on Cleary at 72min mark.
Broncos 10+
B. Walters CC Medal winner

hey guys how are we going? here's a little flashback for your entertainment

i'm glad you're enjoying grand final week upthebroncs lol.

save the shots for the off season.
I am enjoying the Broncos finally having a line up that I agree with! Only changes I'd make are dropping Riki and I would have played Pereira over Arthars throughout the season.

Lets go Walshy! Get us that premiership! Upthebroncs!!!

I would've dropped Riki earlier in the season but he's been fantastic at the back end, 100% deserves his spot.

I like Pereira but watching him against Melbourne in the last round, I think he lacks that little bit of extra speed needed at NRL level (that Arthars has).

I would've dropped Riki earlier in the season but he's been fantastic at the back end, 100% deserves his spot.

I like Pereira but watching him against Melbourne in the last round, I think he lacks that little bit of extra speed needed at NRL level (that Arthars has).
I'm fine with it. It's just a backrower and a winger. It's not like we are debating Anthony Milford and Andrew McCullough's future at the club.. Thank god

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Brocko
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.