PRE-GAME [THE BIG DANCE] BRISBANE BRONCOS Vs PENRITH PANTHERS - 2023 NRL GRAND FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
amen to that!

What bothered me the most about our performance against the Warriors, was in the first half when we got a bit of a roll on and built up some momentum. I think it was 24-8 in our favour at the time.

We started to play really low percentage footy, and you could see the lads getting carried away. They started to throw the ball around willy-nilly, with no respect for possession or the result. It culminated in that terrible end to a set, where Walsh kicked it dead.

In a normal season game, chancing our arm like that and throwing it around with a solid lead probably wouldn't bother me as much. Finals footy though, is a different beast. You need to be relentless and ruthless. You can't give the opposition any opportunities, no matter the score.

Look at the 2001 grand final, the Knights raced away to a huge lead and the Eels nearly reeled them in.

I don't think the Panthers will allow us to get up a head of steam like the Warriors did, but we need to be a lot smarter about when we decide to throw it around and the status of the match at the time. We need to be clinical and not afraid to take the 'boring' option. The Panthers will absolutely capitalise on any mistake we make, so we can't afford to give them good field position on the back of an error.

I'm not saying we should completely tone it down - that goes against what's made us so great this season. We just need be a bit calmer in what we do. We're capable of scoring from anywhere on the field, so we don't need to try and 'force' it, or panic and try extremely low percentage plays.

I understand your concern here, but for mine, it isn't that Walsh has a short memory (and will continue to chance his arm), it's that he has the best memory. In that, he'll tick that off his "it fucked up" list, and make sure he does it differently next time. He won't go in to his shell, he'll just pull a different string. Which is helped because he has that many strings to his bow.

That kick that went dead, I don't think we'll see that again. That's already on the list. It'll be either a different kick, or he'll cool it and pass it to someone in a better position, or he'll take the tackle and keep them pinned.

Even Walsh has said you are wrong and that he now understands where Kevvie was coming from and Kevvie had the right Idea
You guys make me laugh. I shouldn't have stopped coming on here.

What bothered me the most about our performance against the Warriors, was in the first half when we got a bit of a roll on and built up some momentum. I think it was 24-8 in our favour at the time.

We started to play really low percentage footy, and you could see the lads getting carried away. They started to throw the ball around willy-nilly, with no respect for possession or the result. It culminated in that terrible end to a set, where Walsh kicked it dead.

In a normal season game, chancing our arm like that and throwing it around with a solid lead probably wouldn't bother me as much. Finals footy though, is a different beast. You need to be relentless and ruthless. You can't give the opposition any opportunities, no matter the score.

Look at the 2001 grand final, the Knights raced away to a huge lead and the Eels nearly reeled them in.

I don't think the Panthers will allow us to get up a head of steam like the Warriors did, but we need to be a lot smarter about when we decide to throw it around and the status of the match at the time. We need to be clinical and not afraid to take the 'boring' option. The Panthers will absolutely capitalise on any mistake we make, so we can't afford to give them good field position on the back of an error.

I'm not saying we should completely tone it down - that goes against what's made us so great this season. We just need be a bit calmer in what we do. We're capable of scoring from anywhere on the field, so we don't need to try and 'force' it, or panic and try extremely low percentage plays.

an Interesting take from Billy on his podcast.

he said that we know what our game looks like and have to go after our game.

He said that sure we make mistakes, but if we don't make mistakes on Sunday, we're not trying hard enough and will probably lose.

see his whole explanation from around the 18:49 mark

My real opinion is that Broncos will let in too many tries and Panthers will fend off the bursts of attack that have won Broncos games all season.

But, I hope I am wrong and we blitz them.

I was pretty calm at the beginning of the week because being involved in the GF is magic, and a dream come true that we've moved on from those recent dire years.

But now, the hours are torture and I want it to be Sunday now FFS

Can you tell me an instance when this scenario has happened - to any team in the comp this year?
No .
But I don`t recall the Broncos cheating the system to get a free interchange either .

I was pretty calm at the beginning of the week because being involved in the GF is magic, and a dream come true that we've moved on from those recent dire years.

But now, the hours are torture and I want it to be Sunday now FFS

Time … slows.

The arbitrary measures that once defined my life - days, hours, minutes, seconds - have lost all meaning. Is one even distinct from another? A day, or a second - both simply existing to distance me from that for which I wait.

I stand outside myself, watching my corporeal body crawl through the minutiae of its workaday existence, running to stand still, progressing not at all. And always, an eternity away, stands that which we both seek. Will it come to pass? Who can say - for a thousand thousand threads of possibility stand between it and us, fate twisting and turning and ever threatening to lead us astray. We can only carry on, one slow, tortured step at a time.

Waiting.

Waiting.

I mean, yeah, how is it only Friday?

Arrived in Sydney at 7.10am. Waiting at the airport for my sister who arrives at 2pm. I am bored already.
One good way to alleviate your boredom, walk up to passengers and staff at the airport, and just scream “Go the Broncos!” And then just calmly walk away. See you on the news later. Lol

Well i have to hold my hands up and say at the moment Reece is way, way exceeding what i thought he would do. At the time though, it was still a very fair assessment of him and where he was at the time. He was impatient and he admitted he was. I said if the management of him didnt change he wouldnt kick on and it did change.

I'm still loathe to even consider putting him up with the truly great players based on one outstanding year. Ben Barba did the same thing so Reece needs to keep it up.

No .
But I don`t recall the Broncos cheating the system to get a free interchange either .

There was that one game where we were out of interchanges and one of players was injured. I was calling ahead for a fake HIA. Not long after, a genuine looking friendly-fire clash happened and they went off for a HIA. It was beautiful, because if it was planned, it certainly didn't look like it because the contact was completely incidental for how they both went in to the tackle. I couldn't tell you the game or the players, but the two involved were outside backs, left winger & centre.

work done for the week just a physical to go to at 3pm then its bong o'clock

Well i have to hold my hands up and say at the moment Reece is way, way exceeding what i thought he would do. At the time though, it was still a very fair assessment of him and where he was at the time. He was impatient and he admitted he was. I said if the management of him didnt change he wouldnt kick on and it did change.

I'm still loathe to even consider putting him up with the truly great players based on one outstanding year. Ben Barba did the same thing so Reece needs to keep it up.
You are not alone...Walsh has far far exceeded my expectations of him in his first year at the Broncos.

He is a genuine superstar with the NRL at his feet and at the start of the year there were threads as to whether he would even be fullback over Herbie or Cobbo...

Which panther is patty saying he is mates with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Justwin
  • Broncorob
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.