The Dolphins discussion

Still yet to see a valid reason why Redcliffe can't call their NRL team Redcliffe. Stupid sport.

Seems like the reason is

because

and its the elephant in the room, that no-one wants to talk about.

Weird. 🤐

Seems like the reason is

because

and its the elephant in the room, that no-one wants to talk about.

Weird. 🤐

That's all I have- they wanted the two to be clearly separate in name and some differences between the two teams.

Dolphins made the call how to do that.

Be some QRL old boy cracking a whinge because things aren't like they were in the 70's.

That's all I have- they wanted the two to be clearly separate in name and some differences between the two teams.

Dolphins made the call how to do that.

I've long suspected that the heart of the matter/blame...... may lie directly at the feet of The Dolphins decision makers themselves.

Terry Reader thus far has come up with fuckall by way of a satisfactory explanation.
I find it hard to believe that a Redcliffe stalwart like Bobby Jones would go along with him......

It doesn't and no one said it did.

That's not entirely true is is.

The Dolphins CEO said and I quote:

“We weren’t allowed to be called Redcliffe or we wouldn’t be allowed to play in the Queensland Cup,” Reader said. “[NRL clubs] must have multiple affiliates in the QRL competition, so we have got Redcliffe and the Capras.”

Then why not support Redcliffe......a City that defines greater Brisbane....?

Redcliffe is just as good a name to follow as Morton Bay Dolphins...its also NOT Brisbane.

What difference does it make to someone from Dalby...on whether or not they'll follow the Redcliffe Dolphins or the MB Dolphins
cause they hate the Broncos anyway...right?

Its fucked up.....
It’s because it comes from an aboriginal word meaning cliffs that are red.

I do think it’s kinda dumb not having a location attached to the team name but I really have no idea why people care so much, especially guys that don’t even support the team in question.

You know what else is stupid? Using an American term for brumby as an nrl team name.

I do think it’s kinda dumb not having a location attached to the team name but I really have no idea why people care so much, especially guys that don’t even support the team in question.

You know what else is stupid? Using an American term for brumby as an nrl team name.

I think it's shit that a club with such a history can't have it's name attached to it's NRL team.

Problem there and I always raise this is- the QRL are not putting another club in Brisbane.

They're just The Broncos. They're not in Brisbane! Wink wink.

It’s because it comes from an aboriginal word meaning cliffs that are red.
Ha ha ha, bullshit!

Redcliffe, as a name of a place with that feature, has been around for over a thousand years.

I think it's shit that a club with such a history can't have it's name attached to it's NRL team.
You would think it'd be a great media story........

Its a shame @McHunt and his buddy PB, couldn't find a way to use their "power" for good
instead of evil all the time.

david schwimmer shame GIF

You would think it'd be a great media story........

Its a shame @McHunt and his buddy PB, couldn't find a way to use their "power" for good
instead of evil all the time.

david schwimmer shame GIF
They're Sea World, as far as I'm concerned.

Ha ha ha, bullshit!

Redcliffe, as a name of a place with that feature, has been around for over a thousand years.
Ha ha ha. Aboriginals have been around for thousands of years too. It’s like Sandgate. Aboriginal word meaning gate made of sand. Behave. 😆

Keeping you up past your bedtime, old man?
Weirdly enough this topic is kicking off over in FB land.......
You really do have some media pull. 👏👏

I can see a wave of discontent forming
behind
an irate pod of Dolphins.

dolphin GIF

The only explanation I've heard is that Redcliffe would limit their appeal. So they stuck with the Dolphins since it has Coastal appeal and they represent the North of Brisbane up to Rockhampton.

My theory is that they didn't want to 'promote' Redcliffe from the QRL. The history of the club etc. would have made it messy so instead they've gone with the idea that they were born out of Redcliffe but they're their own identity.

It'll be interesting to see how long it lasts. The Redcliffe chant definitely received some press and the whole Arthur Beetson story centred on Redcliffe vs. Sydney.

Active Now

• Stix
  • The Strapper
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jedhead
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Jazza
  • Fozz
  • Justwin
  • Foordy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Dash
  • lynx000
  • Dazza 92
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • rj9
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.