NEWS The Fifita saga according to Paul Kent

How he turned this into Fifita's act was worse than Nelson's, and then shoehorned that into salary cap breaches, is an act of journalistic gymnastics the like of which I have never witnessed before

He even goes back to the claim that NAS was protecting a mate, which I thought had been thoroughly disproven already?

I feel like I've actually lost IQ points from having read that dribble.

What is his point? Was Paul White actually behind this whole saga? Did he get Fifita drunk, then bribe the security guard to make up a story that would get him arrested? Did Alfie shoot JFK from the grassy noll? Is Wally Lewis a lizard person? Does Darren Lockyer secretly control the weather?

What a load of dribble. How does this fuckwit have a job?

Kent conveniently forgets the Broncos have said, numerous times and in the public space, that they could not afford to pay Fifita $1million / season but were confident they would / could retain him regardless.

So the $750k they’re reportedly offering him now doesn’t seem to have deviated whatsoever from pre-Bali discussions.

But I’m sure that wouldn’t support the tin-foil hat journalism / salary cap cheating narrative, so best just to leave that bit out I suppose.

Last edited:
So what he’s saying is the broncos arranged for Fifita to get arrested just so they could free him and therefore convincing him to re-sign for life?

We were never going to pay Fifita $1 mill a season. Other clubs still have the opportunity to do so. The fact is he was never actually leaving Brisbane.
it was all just absolute shit written by the media. Similar to how TPJ, Lodge, Turpin, Haas etc were all going to leave, but the didn’t.
if anyone is out of touch Paul, it is you.

Last edited:
Kent trying to keep relevant.

Remember his quote about the game needing him and not the other way around [emoji2955]

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.