The Milk bar

ozzball

ozzball

QCup Player
Mar 17, 2013
It's a fact that players will 'milk' a penalty if the opportunity presents itself but I'm fearful that we're going the way of the EPL and breeding a strain of prima donnas who will consistently roll around feigning a life-threatening injury on the off chance that the video ref will spot some kind of infringement.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not promoting dangerous play but I just watched Brett Morris rolling around after a so-called 'crusher' tackle, grab the penalty then jump up and hare away like a greyhound (sorry about the mixed metaphors).

I know it's a tough call for the refs but it stands to ruin the flow of the game and we'll have some kind of half-baked, hybrid version of the greatest game in the world that will depend more on academy winning performances than pure footballing talent.

Far from the worst I've seen, but it is a worrying trend. By nature, it's contrary to the spirit of the game.

Much like the wrestle, a team/player who refuses to use it operates at a distinct disadvantage.

We need tougher penalties (referees willing to send off and a 5 Min sin bin) to clean up state if play in all aspects. Once players are aware of severe repercussions, they'll be less willing to employ certain tactics. Milking would still exist but the potential for conducive scenarios would reduce.

Easy for me to say, hard to implement..

Far from the worst I've seen, but it is a worrying trend. By nature, it's contrary to the spirit of the game.

Much like the wrestle, a team/player who refuses to use it operates at a distinct disadvantage.

We need tougher penalties (referees willing to send off and a 5 Min sin bin) to clean up state if play in all aspects. Once players are aware of severe repercussions, they'll be less willing to employ certain tactics. Milking would still exist but the potential for conducive scenarios would reduce.

Easy for me to say, hard to implement..

Hard but not impossible

It hinges on the refs having the balls to use the bin, and send offs, and whatever else

And there is the biggest problem; the current batch of refs for some reason are gutless

I know guys like Bill Harrigan, Steve Clark, etc. had their own set of problems, but at least they had stones

Last edited:

Active Now

• phoenix
  • Dash
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncs1459
  • Turky Murky
  • Fitzy
  • thenry
  • Morkel
  • MasterWright
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.