Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Nah, the big dance is the goal

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Manly are actually giving Penrith a run for their money tonight, so now it begs the question. If they drop a game or two and we suddenly enter the frame, do we go for the minor? Or just say **** it and start resting players when the top 2 is assured?

I'm conflicted. On one hand we haven't been minor premiers in well over a decade. It would be a nice feeling, especially for Kevvie. On the other hand, it's the B tier achievement. The Provan Summons is the real prize, and any advantage that can get us closer to that trophy should be what our priority is.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Manly are actually giving Penrith a run for their money tonight, so now it begs the question. If they drop a game or two and we suddenly enter the frame, do we go for the minor? Or just say **** it and start resting players when the top 2 is assured?

I'm conflicted. On one hand we haven't been minor premiers in well over a decade. It would be a nice feeling, especially for Kevvie. On the other hand, it's the B tier achievement. The Provan Summons is the real prize, and any advantage that can get us closer to that trophy should be what our priority is.
I daresay Penrith would prefer to finish second anyway... they'd get warriors at Penrith and then either broncos or storm in a prelim in Shitney.

I'd prefer we finish second... warriors at Suncorp and then potentially storm at Suncorp in prelim

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
100k more to the Seibold payout fund. Let's do it.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
the karate kid GIF

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I daresay Penrith would prefer to finish second anyway... they'd get warriors at Penrith and then either broncos or storm in a prelim in Shitney.

I'd prefer we finish second... warriors at Suncorp and then potentially storm at Suncorp in prelim

Call me crazy but I'd rather get Penrith in Shitney than Melbourne at Suncorp.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Penrith only beating Manly by 12 who are officially Seibald nuffies, they are there to be beaten imo. They will belt the Titans, but going by my ladder predictor, they will play a very desperate Parramatta in Round 26 if we win tomorrow, as Parra will be around 9th or 10th and will be fired up to sneak into the 8. If they rest the majority of their squad again against the Cows, that's 2 losses which invites us to jump to 1st.

There is the potential (a very outside chance admitedly) for a Broncos vs. Warriors Grand Final, which would be AMAZING for the game.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
We won't really need to rest anyone with the bye 3 weeks out from the finals.

Go for it.

Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock

NRL Player
Feb 26, 2023
Couldn’t give a f@ck as long as we win the GF. We have a genuine decade of dominance ahead of us. Minor prizes?! We’re here for Ships, not row boats.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I've used up the last game on my membership for the Storm game and I want to see us win.

If we're playing for the minor premiership, it gives us that extra incentive to win. It's been a very very very long time since I've been to a win against Melbourne.

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
Can anyone name the grand final winners for every year for the last 20 years?

Can anyone name the minor premiers for every year for the last 20 years?

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • sooticus
  • mieko
  • Jedhead
  • Pablo
  • Shane Tronc
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.