The simple trick that's turned the Broncos around

He is going well working with a highly competent halfback called Adam Reynolds instead of a potato otherwise known as Kodi Nikorima as kept in the same position each week by Seibold.

It’s been 4 weeks. FFS.

Honestly a part of me is happy we are going through these times because it filters through the fans.

If you're struggling with the defensive workload at ISC level it shows that maybe you need a bit more time to mature before you can handle the workload in NRL. Six missed tackles at ISC would become 10 at NRL.

If he was 23 and missing five tackles but doing the attacking competent of a halves' job that is one thing but these guys aren't physically handling it yet.

They're not missing tackles either, they're not physically there. If you're gauging if a 18 year old is up to it then defence is pretty important in deciding for me.

It's the first thing that will go when they're fatigued and under pressure so at the very least I want to know your body is going to be in the spot to at least effect a slow down or stoppage.
As I said, I don't know who is playing well enough in the position, and you may well be spot on with your evaluation on the kid, who probably lacks maturity and needs some toughening up as I also said.

I am arguing missed tackles is probably way down the priority list when you're looking at a half, more so when the goal is to replace Nikorima.
Note that I like Kodi and I think he can be an asset for us from another position, just not Halfback. I cannot imagine there isn't someone running around in the ISC, who albeit less talented, is more capable for the purpose.

As I said, I don't know who is playing well enough in the position, and you may well be spot on with your evaluation on the kid, who probably lacks maturity and needs some toughening up as I also said.

I am arguing missed tackles is probably way down the priority list when you're looking at a half, more so when the goal is to replace Nikorima.
Note that I like Kodi and I think he can be an asset for us from another position, just not Halfback. I cannot imagine there isn't someone running around in the ISC, who albeit less talented, is more capable for the purpose.

It's down my list if it's an establish player- if Thurston misses five tackles who cares. But if I am watching an 18 year old and thinking is he physically ready for NRL then I don't want five missed tackles.

I don't think there is anyone physically or skilful enough at the right time or consistently ready at the moment. Ideally we are missing that middle player who is 22 and ready. We have Nikorima and then a group of 18 year olds. If O'Sullivan could find the form he showed last year in the Residents he would be ideal because he could do it. His defence is better than anyone else but his impulsive attack has let him down in the two games I have watched.

It’s been 4 weeks. FFS.

Honestly a part of me is happy we are going through these times because it filters through the fans.

That's only this year. Kodi has never been a halfback. Last year should have been his last, but, nice.

You just outlined exactly why you don't understand how football works

You are right Marty, I don't pretend to be an expert. I can only base my opinions on what my eyes see, what my heart feels and what my gut instincts tell me.

That's only this year. Kodi has never been a halfback. Last year should have been his last, but, nice.

That’s true mate, don’t get me wrong Kodi is not a halfbacks arsehole, I just think it is unreasonable to expect Seibs to make that change 4 games in regardless of what he actually thinks.

That’s true mate, don’t get me wrong Kodi is not a halfbacks arsehole, I just think it is unreasonable to expect Seibs to make that change 4 games in regardless of what he actually thinks.

I think it's unreasonable that he was selected there in round one. I'd prefer he took a chance on someone else, rather than the chance he's taking on Kodi. It is what it is. I expect far better tonight, and I think we will get better from everyone across the park.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Rookie Alan
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • Lozza
  • Johnny92
  • Strop
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • Bish
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  • phoenix
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Dash
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • FACTHUNT
  • Morkel
  • Locky's Left Boot
... and 49 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.