Titans plan for Hoggman

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Gold Coast Titans coach Neil Henry is set to unveil a dual fullback attacking structure for his team's Round 1 clash with the Wests Tigers, unable to split incumbent William Zillman and high-profile recruit Josh Hoffman.
In between off-field controversies the main talking point over the summer at the Titans has been whether Hoffman would unseat Zillman for his preferred position at the back but it appears as though the pair are going to embark on a job-sharing arrangement overseen by Henry.
When teams are announced next week only one man will be wearing the No.1 jersey but Henry believes he can better maximise both players' strengths and their contribution to the team by rotating the pair between fullback and left centre as the game unfolds.

Nearly cried laughing....full article at nrl.com.....

Can't to see Hodgo blow past him when we play the Tits.....

Haha. Can't split them... Good lord

Wonder he feels about playing left centre at a club that's no chance of playing finals.....karma is a bitch!!!

So what it's basically a time share scheme? Wonder if he had to go through one of those presentation's to get the free one night hotel deal.

Last edited:
Wait wait wait...Didn't he come out and say the whole problem he had with the Broncos wasn't that he couldn't play Fullback..but that they didn't allow him to stay in 1 position and make it his own? Now the Titans are doing the exact same, and I'm guessing he's fine with it.

I feel sorry for Henry. It's a pretty tough gig when you can't work out which is the worst to not give him the job.

Really blows to be him at the moment.

You know that you've hit rock bottom when you can't unseat fucking Zillman for the no.1. He should just come back to us hat in and hand and beg to play wing.

Neil Henry is on a hiding to nothing. Zillman and Hoffman to chose from at Fullback is bad enough to start with. Now he is going with a timeshare. Throw in Mortimer at halfback and losing your backrow and yeah he is fucked. As for Hoffman I believe he is better than Zillman but we know Zillman has photos of everyone who ever walked into the club. Wooden spoon for sure for the Titans.

Come on...who had a little smile when they read the article.

Maybe he should learn not to listen to his manager so much!!!

Poor Hoffman, can't even get his preferred position at the depleted Titans. :laugh:

Hoffman cops a bad wrap on here.

I don't think it was ever about whether or not he'd play fullback - I imagine there would have been tension over the Gagai situation and from reports there was a great deal of miscommunication between him and Hook where he didn't really know where he stood with the club or his future.

You cannot tell me his spot at five eighth was best for his career in the long term.

He's always been a fullback, but put simply, he's a good fullback in an era of great fullbacks. He can't measure up with the best so inevitably you look for other solutions and other spots for him.

I think the Titans are in free-fall right now and I can't see this arrangement helping matters. I've long since maintained that Zillman's 5 year deal was one of the worst signings in modern Rugby League and it's really put Henry between a rock and a hard place. The problem is that Zillman can't really play anywhere else other than fullback. Cartwright tried other positions but they didn't click and so they're stuck with him there because dropping him at this stage would hurt more than it would help.

I think Henry should just bite the bullet with Hoffman, declare that he's a centre and run with a backline of....

1. Will Zillman
2. Anthony Don
3. Josh Hoffman
4. James Roberts
5. David Mead

Henry seems more keen on Don.

Also, I don't think it's a good idea to have both Gordon and Mead in the same team. Somebody is going to have to roll up their sleeves and do the dirty stuff.

Admittedly, if that was the intention behind the tweet then I would understand it.

But he's been copping it a lot longer than that.

Good grief. Tough times for Hoffman. He may have some things to work on but he's far better than Zillman.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • mrslong
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Bucking Beads
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • lynx000
  • Maddy
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncos4life
  • Browny
  • Crom
  • Justwin
  • Jedhead
  • theshed
  • Old Mate
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.