Titans selling to PNG

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
There's an article on the Fox Sports site today about the PNG bid team looking to buy part of the Titans in order to better position themselves for eventual expansion. I don't know what the implications of that may be, but gee the Tits are a poorly run club.

Titans will die soon enough

Now I've thought out the implications. This will effectively make the Titans a joint venture club, playing games in Port Moresby and very possibly signing PNG players at the behest of the new owners.
How does a club the age of the Titans, who've had a city like the Gold Coast to themselves for four years, end up becoming so financially ruinous that they need to consider this?

They get 7 people to their games. and build players houses on the side.

How does a club the age of the Titans, who've had a city like the Gold Coast to themselves for four years, end up becoming so financially ruinous that they need to consider this?

Michael Searle.

lol. The Titans are an absolute joke. I wish there were eligibility rules to gain an invite to the NRL season every year.

This isn't good enough. The Titans quite literally BANGED DOWN the NRL's door, DEMANDING entry into the competition INSISTING they had the money, the business plan, the structures in place to ensure they wouldn't go the same way as the Giants, Seagulls, Chargers of the past. And look where we are? 5 years later, broke and begging for hand outs and looking to sell a part share to PNG.

Michael Searle is an absolute disgrace. He should go to Parramatta.

How have the NRL auditors not picked up on the issues and stepped in. The NRL are as much to blame.

The NRL NEEDS eligibility if they want this game to work. There are too many ####ing useless clubs like those bogans down the highway in the same situation. What is it going to take to get it through their ####ing heads that they can not continue to pay overs for under performing, hopeless clubs?

They make Cronulla look absolutely professional at times, that says it all, but really is anyone surprised by this? Gold Coast sporting franchises have been run so piss poor past and present and as Coxy has pointed out this is a club that was pretty much demanding its existance in the competition and now looking ways just to survive, theres no excuse for this they should have had a longterm plan to fuel its existance, people bag the Broncos for how cutthroat they were with organising and maintaining their franchise, but the truth is clubs need to be that to not just survive in a professional sport, but to prosper.

If the Titans fold thats it for the Gold Coast as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Looks like the article was a massive beat up.

Beat up or not, the fact it was even mentioned as a possibility doesn't reflect well at all on the Titans.

Beat up or not, the fact it was even mentioned as a possibility doesn't reflect well at all on the Titans.

Yep, nor the fact they're struggling financially. That's not in debate at all.

And I'm not debating that.

My post was squared at the title of the thread and how the entire situation was just another massive beat up from the Daily Telegraph.

FTR, I hope the Titans get their s**t together quick smart as their inclusion is far more beneficial than that of the Central Coast.

And I'm not debating that.

My post was squared at the title of the thread and how the entire situation was just another massive beat up from the Daily Telegraph.

FTR, I hope the Titans get their s**t together quick smart as their inclusion is far more beneficial than that of the Central Coast.

I really honestly think the Titans would be in a better position if they had shown some class with their recruitment and not signed deadbeats like Greg Bird. As good a player as he may be, he's not a man anyone can have the slightest bit of respect for.

It's not so much signing guys like Greg Bird that annoys me but just the excessive signings they make instead of concentrating on their junior development.

For a region that is renown for it's juniors, the amount of graduates for the Titans has been incredibly disappointing and judging by their NYC results from this year isn't going to get any better.

Active Now

• Ondi
  • The True King
  • broncos4life
  • sooticus
  • Culhwch
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • marw
  • Lurker
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Xzei
  • Jedhead
  • Morkel
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Manifesto
  • GCBRONCO
  • Old Mate
  • Fozz
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.