TPJ to represent Tonga

• Thread starter Lockyer daughters up
  • Start date
Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
according to Slothfield ... although, i'm not sure how he came up with that, from watching that segment, it seemed like he was making a suggestion to the Knight, not necessarily something the Knights have considered at this stage.

I also don't think the Knights have as much money in their cap as Slothfield thinks ... they paid big money to Ponga and likely to Guerra, Pearce and decent coin to Moga and Ese'ese. they also bought Heighington, Lilyman, Griffin and Watson this season.

all up their recruitment for 2018 would have set them back sizable amount and I don't think any of them are 1 year contracts

But they have several players off contract and lilyman and heighington are not definite to go around again so if anything they’ll be more desperate for a prop.

Also it’s not just Buzz others have implied Knights we’re going to go give it a crack for a few months now

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
It looks to me like Nate Brown is an open book so their cap position and recruiting intentions would be well known . Guerra, I don't think, would be on big coin, the other 2 yes and they would have some others coming off contract. Even if they can offer 500k we would be hard pressed to go close. Let's hope TPJ isn't motivated by $$$.

500k for a guy this good and with a work ethic and attitude so great is a no-brainer. Thaiday is retiring don’t forget and hopefully Sims won’t be re-signed, there’s a bit of money right there.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Surely now is the time to turn origin into a 1 game bi-annual event.
Players clearly no longer rate playing for NSW, and it's not as if QLD can just play themselves.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Surely now is the time to turn origin into a 1 game bi-annual event.
Players clearly no longer rate playing for NSW, and it's not as if QLD can just play themselves.

That will obviously never happen.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
500k for a guy this good and with a work ethic and attitude so great is a no-brainer. Thaiday is retiring don’t forget and hopefully Sims won’t be re-signed, there’s a bit of money right there.

All day im with you but Wayne has a history of not paying forwards especially young forwards.
We have a premiership side in the next few years if we can keep the dumb sydney sides away from us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Active Now

• ettybay
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.