Under-fire Broncos recruit Jack Bird eyes return for Brisbane

reading that article, it looks like Bird has taken a pay cut again ... his salary is back down to 750k
Yeh I thought the same. He'll be working nights to supplement his income by the time he gets back on the field if the decline continues.

reading that article, it looks like Bird has taken a pay cut again ... his salary is back down to 750k
I'm reasonably sure that 750 is close, perhaps 800 but I'd very much doubt WB would have approved Bird making Milf money. That's provided WB had/has a say in the money side of things this time around.

I'm reasonably sure that 750 is close, perhaps 800 but I'd very much doubt WB would have approved Bird making Milf money. That's provided WB had/has a say in the money side of things this time around.

i think you're right ... the initial tweet by one of the courier mail reporters said 750k ... that is of course until the started following the likes of Kent and Slothfield and jacking it up to $1 million

The longer he is out the more the pressure mounts for him to perform miracles when he returns poor guy. I still don't know where he plays though. We desperately need a left edge centre though that can tackle.

I can't see him wanting to go back to Cronulla either after they treated him like shit and apparently didn't treat his injury once he signed with us.

I can't see him wanting to go back to Cronulla either after they treated him like shit and apparently didn't treat his injury once he signed with us.
I know he misses his mates, I recall seeing the butt end of his gf. I know which one I'd be missing the most. I still recall the Cronulla riots, who'd really want to return much less stay in a hick shire?

Storm in a teacup really.

Bird showed up to the club and was clearly underdone and his body in badly need of repair.

We got his shoulder sorted. It took a while to get to the bottom of his sternum problem but now he's well and truly on the mend.

It's good coaching by Wayne.

It must be tough for Bird. Probably more mental than anything. It's easy to say he'll start fresh next year but that's still 7 months away.

The poor bugger is probably chomping at the bit to contribute to the team!

My advice Jack - focus on your recovery. Don't cut corners. Tune out social media, newspapers, Rothfield and rusted on fans on rugby league forums.

Rise above it all mate and we'll see you for an awesome 2019!

Storm in a teacup really.

Bird showed up to the club and was clearly underdone and his body in badly need of repair.

We got his shoulder sorted. It took a while to get to the bottom of his sternum problem but now he's well and truly on the mend.

It's good coaching by Wayne.

It must be tough for Bird. Probably more mental than anything. It's easy to say he'll start fresh next year but that's still 7 months away.

The poor bugger is probably chomping at the bit to contribute to the team!

My advice Jack - focus on your recovery. Don't cut corners. Tune out social media, newspapers, Rothfield and rusted on fans on rugby league forums.

Rise above it all mate and we'll see you for an awesome 2019!

Problem with Bird is that he cares what people think of him. All of this shit in the media and from the fanbase would be getting to him. He wants to be liked, he doesn't want to be bagged out.

That carries over into his footy. If he's getting slammed in the media, his form will drop. If he's getting praised, his form improves.

He may be willing to just go back to Sydney and sort the club out later. Interesting though that it has now been admitted as a genuine thing. Let’s hope those DCE rumours become reality.

He may be willing to just go back to Sydney and sort the club out later. Interesting though that it has now been admitted as a genuine thing. Let’s hope those DCE rumours become reality.

all that he has admitted to is that he is struggling and frustrated at not being able to get onto the field ... nothing about wanting to leave the club and return to Sydney ...

all that he has admitted to is that he is struggling and frustrated at not being able to get onto the field ... nothing about wanting to leave the club and return to Sydney ...

Missing his mates and being far away (paraphrasing) is saying he’s missing Sydney. You’re right, doesn’t mean he wants to leave and return to Sydney but as I managed, does mean he may entertain the idea of a return though, which he also may well not.

Problem with Bird is that he cares what people think of him. All of this shit in the media and from the fanbase would be getting to him. He wants to be liked, he doesn't want to be bagged out.

That carries over into his footy. If he's getting slammed in the media, his form will drop. If he's getting praised, his form improves.

If he wants to be liked and praised, he came to the wrong team lol.

I would actually like to see a spine in 2019 of
1.Issako
6.Bird
7.Milf
9.Macca
14.niko

I don't mind the 6. 7. and 9. but not sold on Isaako at fullback. i'm not sure he has good enough (or any for that matter) play making that's required to be a good modern day fullback.

If we have signed that Roosters youngster, he could come into contention for a spot in the halves

I don't mind the 6. 7. and 9. but not sold on Isaako at fullback. i'm not sure he has good enough (or any for that matter) play making that's required to be a good modern day fullback.

If we have signed that Roosters youngster, he could come into contention for a spot in the halves

Is that based on his lower grade performances? He has not had a lot minutes at NRL level at FB to base that on and was probably told to do nothing flashy - just keep his head and make no errors.

BDB3F5CA 30AD 435E 826F 2D9DC612E372
Apparently he was keen to get back to his mates...

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Waynesaurus
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Midean
  • Painin the Haas
  • heartly87
  • LittleDavey
  • Maroon4life
  • Battler
  • broncos4life
  • Skathen
  • Justwin
  • Tmac
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Galah
  • Kev_Guz
  • Accept
  • Swordfish
  • Rambstien
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 96 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.