NEWS Versatile Bird no lock to stay centre

You are still not answering the question I see. But in the interest of the sanity of other posters I will not carry this on any further.

If it is of vital importance to you where the team finishes after round 26, then yes your mathematics are correct. But in reality, 2015, they finished 1st, 2017 they finished 2nd and in 2016 they knocked us out of the finals 26-20. So tell me again how Green has been out coached?

Green has had a future immortal in his squad the whole time and arguably a far stronger and more settled squad overall.

Give Bennett those opportunities as he had in the past and you can see the results in the front foyer at Red Hill.

There is a reasonable argument that Bennett has done more given the squad he has had available.

Green has had a future immortal in his squad the whole time and arguably a far stronger and more settled squad overall.

Give Bennett those opportunities as he had in the past and you can see the results in the front foyer at Red Hill.

There is a reasonable argument that Bennett has done more given the squad he has had available.
Green and Bennett built those squads though.

I’m on team Benno but let’s be serious, one team has no halves and a starting prop pairing with less than 20 games between them and one is the cowboys. Green has managed his roster far better than Bennett the last few seasons,
also his tactical coaching has been top class. Streamlining Thurston’s role so he can concentrate on a game plan instead of doing everything. Disregarding Greens successes because he has Thurston in his team is ignoring the fact that Thurston has been in that team for a decade and they still stunk until Green showed up.

Green and Bennett built those squads though.

I’m on team Benno but let’s be serious, one team has no halves and a starting prop pairing with less than 20 games between them and one is the cowboys. Green has managed his roster far better than Bennett the last few seasons,
also his tactical coaching has been top class. Streamlining Thurston’s role so he can concentrate on a game plan instead of doing everything. Disregarding Greens successes because he has Thurston in his team is ignoring the fact that Thurston has been in that team for a decade and they still stunk until Green showed up.

We are talking previous years, I think it fairly evident Bennett appears to be coaching better so far, this year...

Bennett inherited the bulk of the squad he had in 2015 and has made only relatively minor changes since then. Arguably so did Green in 2014, but again I feel that Green has had the benefit of a stronger squad over a longer period and inherited such in good state from Neil Henry who in my opinion did the hard yards in turning that club around, Green benefitted from this, whereas Wayne had to overhaul the club and drag us out of the rubbish that was the Hook / Henjak era.

I never suggested that the presence of JT was the sole factor, I pointed out that Cows have arguably had a stronger roster overall, their GF appearance last year sans JT and Scott is evidence of this...

My point was simply my opinion that Wayne has done more with what he had available is all. We’ve all seen that few ‘experts’ rate our roster, now part of that is anti-Bronco bias and part is reality. It is undeniable fact that we have declining numbers of Origin and International reps in our squad compared to previous years and a whole bunch of ‘Broncos Superstars’ who are (in my opinion) ‘superstars’ because of what the Broncos club have achieved in the past, rather than what they have achieved as Broncos.

Last edited:
Good to see Bird made it through a full game last week.

What did ya's reckon? Did he look ready for the game - as in not rushed back too quick from injury?

I was pretty drunk but I remember him making a big tackle on Benji and he nearly scored a try too.

Good to see Bird made it through a full game last week.

What did ya's reckon? Did he look ready for the game - as in not rushed back too quick from injury?

I was pretty drunk but I remember him making a big tackle on Benji and he nearly scored a try too.

His defence looked pretty good. His attack was pretty piss poor though, and his weight looks comical out there. Is he ready? Well, he made it through the game OK, so probably. Hands and belly should improve over time.

His defence looked pretty good. His attack was pretty piss poor though, and his weight looks comical out there. Is he ready? Well, he made it through the game OK, so probably. Hands and belly should improve over time.
His attack wasn't bad at all first game back. He ran hard and nearly scored a try in a game with 1 try. Hardly call it piss poor considering the game and the return from injury...

His attack wasn't bad at all first game back. He ran hard and nearly scored a try in a game with 1 try. Hardly call it piss poor considering the game and the return from injury...

Another victim to those grubby Sydney media grubs. Smh

Smh = shaking my head by the way.
Haha... The fact you felt you need to "clarify" it indicates exactly what you meant buddy. Have you ever said it to someone's face when they disagree with you? Just wondering...

Haha... The fact you felt you need to "clarify" it indicates exactly what you meant buddy. Have you ever said it to someone's face when they disagree with you? Just wondering...

I was actually siding with you but the joke didn't work. Why are you so angry all the time? I'm genuinely concerned

I was actually siding with you but the joke didn't work. Why are you so angry all the time? I'm genuinely concerned
Because we haven't won a premiership for 12 years....

But seriously, it's constantly brought up how over positive I am on here, I'm the opposite of angry but I do hate when people try to attack the person rather then debate or discuss the situation (which is the point of a forum)... If it was a joke I apologise but it certainly didn't seem that way to me..

Because we haven't won a premiership for 12 years....

But seriously, it's constantly brought up how over positive I am on here, I'm the opposite of angry but I do hate when people try to attack the person rather then debate or discuss the situation (which is the point of a forum)... If it was a joke I apologise but it certainly didn't seem that way to me..

I was agreeing with your bird post but taking the piss at the same time because the whole discussion on here about the Sydney media shaming has been hilarious to me. I'm sorry

Sweet, hopefully he gets to stretch his legs a bit more against the Titans.

I know it was his first game back, I acknowledged it. I wouldn't consider 3 knock ons as a good attacking game though, but I know he'll get better.

I know it was his first game back, I acknowledged it. I wouldn't consider 3 knock ons as a good attacking game though, but I know he'll get better.
I saw that stat and thought that his handling didn't seem that bad but then I realised they weren't 3 totally unforced errors though. 1 was the no-try, and another was a 3 person tackle with a ruling that could have went either way quite easily. I don't remember the 3rd tbh. He does have 1 or 2 handling errors in him though..

I think you have to accept errors, when they come from a lack of match play. Give him another week or two, then it will become an issue. It's one of the reasons I would have started with opacic. We too often think players are ready because they are injury free. The two are not one and the same.
Lockyer would make errors too when he came back. It goes with the territory. Bird was excellent in his attitude on the field and wasn't a problem defensively, so the future bodes well.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.