MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Our mates on 360, this time James Hooper reckons he did some diggin today, and Seibold is a done deal for 2019.
Hereeeeee we go. I’m sure Bellamy was a done deal too, so don’t hold ya breath

Last edited:
GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Our mates on 360, this time James Hooper reckons he did some diggin today, and Seibold is a done deal for 2019.

I remember at the time the news leaked of the Broncos talking to Bellamy, wasn't ever going to be convinced he was coming to the club till he had signed, moved to Brisbane and started preseason training, shock horror it didn't happen. Weren't we also supposedly chasing Paul Green too?

Last edited:
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

the only time Hooper knows anything is after they have already announced it

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Sweet washed up, injury prone, stubborn, player that throws his arms up at the ref for everything. We are truely blessed for the next 4 years.
three

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
And the club has done a lot for Wayne.
The problem is we are now in a situation where the people appointed by the bloke deemed not good enough to run this club will be expected to run the joint despite not being signed up to do so, and basically buying into bennet's coaching.
Bennet tended to get the best out of his players as much through force of personality as anything.
Will Demetriou have that? Probably not. Will his technical and strategic wisdom come to the fore? Let's hope so, but if it does why haven't our backs performed better, since the forwards are Bennet's?
I really hope he succeeds, but I suspect he is on a hiding to nothing. Him or who ever else will need to turn the club upside down to make it work or else find a strong charismatic captain to drive their program.
There will a lot of lost people in a club already struggling to find leadership in its ,playing group. Glenn and co. really need to make a statement this week.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
**** Paul White. Massive fuckwit with this whole thing. Bennett has been our coach for a long time and is still a great coach. When he came back, he lead us to the grand final after a few seasons of mediocrity. Wayne deserves to go out on his terms.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
**** Paul White. Massive fuckwit with this whole thing. Bennett has been our coach for a long time and is still a great coach. When he came back, he lead us to the grand final after a few seasons of mediocrity. Wayne deserves to go out on his terms.

[HASHTAG]#FuckPaulWhite[/HASHTAG] - Let's get it trending.

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
Whilst I agree with you, I think the timing of Wayne's retirement needs to be mutually beneficial to both Wayne and the club...He can't just keep saying 1 more year. I'm starting to think Wayne wanted an extension on his deal, didn't get it and has now threatened to walk out on his 1 last contracted season.The man is a god in my eyes but for all we know Paul White might just be standing his ground and calling Wayne's bluff, and going after Seibold for next season to ensure we have a fucking coach next year.
All ifs and buts I know but something has soured the friendship and it's not the first time Wayne has threatened to walkout on us and leave us in the shit.

Last edited:
Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Actually getting a fair bit over Wayne to be honest. The team and our performances are going backwards. He won’t hear any criticism, won’t change anything up and is just watching us get worse and worse while he worries about player welfare.

TBH, I don’t think letting him go will hurt us so much. If any player wants to ‘go with him’. Good luck to them. We have exactly 2 players in the squad that have ever won an NRL GF. One is retiring this year and the other isn’t far off.

The rest of them haven’t won a damn thing. Yet for some reason we all think they are so ‘crucial’ to this club that doom and gloom is the order of the day by mere speculation of them leaving.

Personally I don’t. I think a squad clean out is probably needed anyway but it won’t happen under grandpa Wayne, but a new coach will probably want to bring some ‘boys’ with him...

We all have different ideas what our squad needs and a new coach will too. The only one who doesn’t seems to be Wayne. Hence why I’m not particularly concerned if he goes...

Last edited:
Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
Actually getting a fair bit over Wayne to be honest. The team and our performances are going backwards. He won’t hear any criticism, won’t change anything up and is just watching us get worse and worse while he worries about player welfare.

TBH, I don’t think letting him go will hurt us so much. If any player wants to ‘go with him’. Good luck to them. We have exactly 2 players in the squad that have ever won an NRL GF. One is retiring this year and the other isn’t far off.

The rest of them haven’t won a damn thing. Yet for some reason we all think they are so ‘crucial’ to this club that doom and gloom is the order of the day by mere speculation of them leaving.

Personally I don’t. I think a squad clean out is probably needed anyway but it won’t happen under grandpa Wayne, but a new coach will probably want to bring some ‘boys’ with him...

We all have different ideas what our squad needs and a new coach will too. The only one who doesn’t seems to be Wayne. Hence why I’m not particularly concerned if he goes...
Jack Bird too

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
James Hooper is saying Siebold to the Broncos is a done deal.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Well here is my take.....

IMO Siebold has verbally agreed to take over the Broncos 2020 but has not signed anything. The reason for delay till October is that Siebold wants to keep his Rabbits squad on track and has said he will not sign or announce anything until the end of the season.

I am also assuming that at seasons end there will be an attempt/discussion with the Rabbits about Siebold breaking his contract to coach the Broncos starting 2019. It will then be up to the Rabbits whether they would push ahead and hold Siebold to his contract in 2019 knowing that he is leaving the 2020 or just let him move on/come to some financial arrangement with the Broncos.

The Broncos board are covering their bases and waiting on what unfolds in October, if Siebold is released by Souths for 2019 then Wayne is gone and paid out, if not then the board let Wayne finish his contract in 2019 and Siebold takes over 2020.

The board I assume are keeping Wayne's contract in their option just incase the Siebold release for 2019 does not work out or for some reason Siebold has a change of mind.

I also think if Siebold doesn't come till 2020 and Wayne walks then Demetriou will be in charge for the 12 months.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • The Don
  • Stix
  • Galah
  • mrslong
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Jazza
  • Socnorb
  • Behind enemy lines
  • barker
  • bb_gun
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Harry Sack
  • Sproj
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.