MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
Paul White speaking tomorrow now, they have said Bennett will coach next year and White wants him to.

Will be Interesting what he says tomorrow.

Paul White speaking tomorrow now, they have said Bennett will coach next year and White wants him to.

Will be Interesting what he says tomorrow.
And that is pretty much what they have said all along, Wayne always had a coaching contract with us for 2019... unless HE decided to go somewhere else.

Offering him a job at the club for 2020 is a clever decision by the club.

And that is pretty much what they have said all along, Wayne always had a coaching contract with us for 2019... unless HE decided to go somewhere else.

Offering him a job at the club for 2020 is a clever decision by the club.

Ball is firmly in Bennett’s court. I was all for extending him but this is the best he’s going to get. Will keep all of the youngsters on side and Bennett will get to finish his career where he belongs.

According to Hannant on Triple M this arvo, Bennett, White and the Broncos chairman sat down for dinner last night and sorted their shit out.

He thinks Bennett won't be fired and will coach us next season, but a lot depends on how we finish this season.

A close friend of mine on the broncos board has just confirmed that Jamie Soward has signed to be the Broncos coach from 2019 with Bennett being promoted to coaching director. Done deal. Will be released to the public in a special press release in october. I’ll probably get in the shit for revealing it. Also Parker is taking Over Sowards power rankings.

So Broncos want to punt their coach that has won more legitimate premierships that all the other current NRL coaches combined? Must be some good shit they snort off the boardroom table.

According to Hannant on Triple M this arvo, Bennett, White and the Broncos chairman sat down for dinner last night and sorted their shit out.

He thinks Bennett won't be fired and will coach us next season, but a lot depends on how we finish this season.
Haha, must've been the heavily worded email I sent yesterday. I'm sure that's it...

Soo is Hannant trying to become a new Dobbo?? He's got the size for it

A close friend of mine on the broncos board has just confirmed that Jamie Soward has signed to be the Broncos coach from 2019 with Bennett being promoted to coaching director. Done deal. Will be released to the public in a special press release in october. I’ll probably get in the shit for revealing it. Also Parker is taking Over Sowards power rankings.

Massive news! Is this a family link of yours, cousin perhaps?

Parker seems about ready to deck Mick Ennis lmao.

Seems to me like Parker is speaking on behalf of White and Ennis is speaking on behalf of Bennett.

Sounds like something adults would do.....

Parker seems about ready to deck Mick Ennis lmao.

Seems to me like Parker is speaking on behalf of White and Ennis is speaking on behalf of Bennett.

That matching of people does not surprise at all

I know Mick Ennis is no angel but I'm starting to get a tad fed up with Parker's attitude. He isn't Tallis levels of bad but he knows how to come across as a grumpy old fart.

Paul White: “Wayne, let’s have dinner and sort all this out”

Wayne: “I’m not interested Paul”

Paul White: “Wayne, it’s ivanhungryjak mate... he is not happy at all”

Wayne: “See you tonight”

I laughed quite a bit.

If Bennett is sacked then I think Paul White needs to go too.

In this whole sorry saga, I don't think either side is completely blameless.

Why stop there? How bout Lachlan Murdoch actually grows a pair and flushes a few blokes from the board.

Yep. Even Lockyer if need be.

If we're changing coaches then act like a real leader.

Put out a tender process.

Let's see who it attracts. If it's Madge or Hasler or whoever. Let's see what they can bring to the club.

Last edited:
Demetriou took over our attack in round 6...

Pre demetriou: averaged 13 points per game this year

Demetriou running attack: averaged 24.76 points per game

Im not sure he is the answer if we are going a different way but he cant do anymore to prove himself outside of being an actual nrl coach. Phenomenal record in the lower grades

Also, I was actually impressed with seibolds press conference tonight. Dictated terms and took ownership of the loss, its obvious his team will want to repay him next week..

I think whoever gets this side will have no excuses next year or the year after. A very frustrating team to watch but with a good coach all of these young guys will grow and stand a good chance of a premiership in the next 2-3 years. We just need a hard edge to us. Im not a macguire fan but that could be the reason he has been mentioned by people

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • pennywisealfie
  • Shane Tronc
  • Mr Fourex
  • Dash
  • Alec
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • dasherhalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bongo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Battler
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.