MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
So all we can do now is hope Wayne sees out his contract so we can secure TPJ long term and find a suitable replacement.

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
theres one person who cares about the BRL and its you.

He was co-coach of the raiders.

effectively an assistant.
Which Walker brother gets the credit for the 2015 ISC premiership? I guess neither as they were both assistant coaches.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Excuse my ignorance, who is this Morris character?

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I don't understand the maths mistake?

Because 17 year olds were born in 2001? It's not that you're "wrong" it's just pointing out that your condescending comment looks stupid.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Because 17 year olds were born in 2001? It's not that you're "wrong" it's just pointing out that your condescending comment looks stupid.

I was just making the point that claiming nothing existed before 1988 made him young not that he was born in 1988.

TonyTheJugoslav

TonyTheJugoslav

QCup Player
Nov 15, 2014
Excuse my ignorance, who is this Morris character?

The new Broncos Board Chairman, was a Manly season ticket member apparently in the past. The Manly connection should have been warning enough but l have done little research so not sure what he has accomplished to deserve the job.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I was just making the point that claiming nothing existed before 1988 made him young not that he was born in 1988.

Why do you believe that anything prior to the sport becoming professional should be comparable or even discussed when talking about the coaching ability of someone though? It's like saying that X Coach/Player killed in in Q-Cup, but as we all know, the skill level just isn't there, so plenty simply can't make the jump.

Last edited:
Rellum

Rellum

BRL Player
Sep 30, 2016
Why do you believe that anything prior to the sport becoming professional should be comparable or even discussed when talking about the coaching ability of someone though? It's like saying that X Coach/Player killed in in Q-Cup, but as we all know, the skill level just isn't there, so plenty simply can't make the jump.
What?

What year did the game become officially professional so I can now ignore and dismiss all footballers and coaches from before that year?

P.S.(Hint the game slowly evolved into a fully professional game)

Rellum

Rellum

BRL Player
Sep 30, 2016
Untested rookies/assistants are interim coaches

No way Madge moves to Brisbane to be a 1 year stop gap solution

Also, just a quick point @Rellum your post is self-contradictory

First you say there is a 'good chance' and then you say 'you can't see it happening'

Well ok. I was just spitballing but yes it was slightly contradictory.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
What?

What year did the game become officially professional so I can now ignore and dismiss all footballers and coaches from before that year?

P.S.(Hint the game slowly evolved into a fully professional game)

If you can't read and interpret what I type, please don't bother responding. The game is noted, usually, perhaps wrongly, of becoming a professional sport at the turn of the SL.

Now, let me simplify the question for you.

Why do you think we should give a stuff about a coaches accolades from prior to 1988, given it was a completely different game, with different players, styles, rules etc.?

IE. Why would what a coach did in 1988's game, make a lick of difference to what he does in 2018?

Active Now

• lakers133334
  • Jazza
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manlyman
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • rj9
  • Waynesaurus
  • sooticus
  • jd87
  • Xzei
  • broncoscope
  • Skathen
  • Huge
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.