MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Just looking at a couple of the online Bunnies forums at the moment - there are some absolutely epic meltdowns currently occurring. They are writing next year off as a result of Seibs "having lost the dressing room" and now with the confirmation he will still be there, they have given up completely.

Apart from the lols @ souths, what do you guys think this means for Seibs next year. He probably thought he would be coaching us in 2019 and might be in for a rough year with the bunnies faithful if their year turns to shit!
A Bronco premiership and Souths missing the playoffs in 2019 would certainly make great reading in here in the summer of 19/20.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
He probably thought he would be coaching us in 2019

i doubt it, since he has been constantly saying that he will be at the Rabbitohs in 2019.

on the losing the dressing room thing, one Souths player has already come out and said that he is happy to have another year under Seibs.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
A Bronco premiership and Souths missing the playoffs in 2019 would certainly make great reading in here in the summer of 19/20.

I think that'd be great, send Bennett off a winner, reduces pressure on Seibold to win a premiership immediately. Would be the best of both worlds.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
I think that'd be great, send Bennett off a winner, reduces pressure on Seibold to win a premiership immediately. Would be the best of both worlds.
The pressure on Seibs would be immense because anything less than a premiership would be a failure according to the media and some fans.

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
i doubt it, since he has been constantly saying that he will be at the Rabbitohs in 2019.

on the losing the dressing room thing, one Souths player has already come out and said that he is happy to have another year under Seibs.

Oh agree absolutely about the losing the dressing room rumour. Was all probably just media speculation and I've not read anything about Souths players wanting to mount some kind of mutiny against him. As you mention, a couple of players glowing in their praise of Seibs.

Last edited:
Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Not entirely sure what you're referencing, I was one of those most vocal pro-Bennett & pro-Boyd people on here at the time. You were getting in to the same argument with everyone who criticised Hunt in 2016 & 2017.
My bad. Just the Hunt stuff then. You didn’t like it when I posted something 4 times, imagine if I posted hundreds of times in every thread about Hunt like a few of you were doing. The hypocrisy is running wild out here. Anywho, enjoy your conspiracies.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
There has been a fair bit of confusion on this forum, and I dare say the majority of the broncos fan base in who will coach our team next year. I feel like there should be more clarity.
That's just the thing, what on this earth would have given you greater clarity ? The club and WB repeatedly said that WB would be here in 2019 . In WBs case he naturally added UNLESS SOMETHING CHANGED which we all know is beyond his control and unknowable at tge time of asking. What happened with you was everytime something was written, you jumped and wanted reassurance. My advice is learn a lesson from this and the way you react next time, and there will be a next time if you live long enough should be ,don't react. Sit back, take it on face value and stop reading between the lines. Until shit changes lol.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
My bad. Just the Hunt stuff then. You didn’t like it when I posted something 4 times, imagine if I posted hundreds of times in every thread about Hunt like a few of you were doing. The hypocrisy is running wild out here. Anywho, enjoy your conspiracies.

I agree man, the Hunt hate went overboard plenty of times. I just thought it was weird that you were like legitimately offended when people criticised him and not Milford, that's all it was. There probably was a few times where I was just baiting for a response, and I apologise for that.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Kinda annoying that the club has reconfirmed what they were reconfirmed about 5 times now.

Hopefully the media can shut the **** up for a while.

Bennett will be our coach for 2019. Get used to it, and I for one am very happy the great man, and the best coach ever will have one more season with us. I believe we are genuine premiership contenders and I can't wait to see how it plays out.

As for Souths/Seibold, I don't give a ****. They can celebrate with a wooden spoon for all I care.

E

eggstar10

U18 Player
Sep 25, 2016
I'm happy to be alone on this island, because it's a bit of a tinfoil hat one, but I'm pretty confident we're both playing mind games, the club and Bennett.

It's a game of cat and mouse, Bennett is trying to bluff us, he desperately wants us to fire him and give him a full payout, the only way he sees us doing that is if we get desperate as the pre-season gets under way (which may work), we're calling his bluff for the time being, in hopes that he'll eventually cave and accept whatever buyout we have offered him (Presumably 50-75% of his contract value).

There's still absolutely a scenario in which Bennett coaches us next season, if neither party blinks and it's left too late to be a viable move for us. But I'm still backing Bennett to be gone by early 2019, before the proper pre-season starts. I think Bennett will eventually get his way, and we'll cave, giving him his full payout.
I think Bennett and the board both actually want the fairytale he has earnt it,hes still earning it , did a pretty good job with gb, the young kids hes given a run have all delivered for him , every thing he has achieved with us well why can't we have a celebration year by stealing the big one

O

ostin86

NRL Player
Jun 15, 2010
That's just the thing, what on this earth would have given you greater clarity ? The club and WB repeatedly said that WB would be here in 2019 . In WBs case he naturally added UNLESS SOMETHING CHANGED which we all know is beyond his control and unknowable at tge time of asking. What happened with you was everytime something was written, you jumped and wanted reassurance. My advice is learn a lesson from this and the way you react next time, and there will be a next time if you live long enough should be ,don't react. Sit back, take it on face value and stop reading between the lines. Until shit changes lol.

Well they just gave everyone more clarity so they clearly felt it was needed.

I can guarantee you had no idea what I was thinking in regards to what the media was releasing!

I'm not sure why you have this superiority complex but it certainly seems unwarranted. Why on earth would I take advice from a person who is clearly too stubborn to be able to absorb anybody else's opinion.

My advice to you would to stop thinking you know what everyone else is thinking based purely on what you read on a forum.

You are clearly not as wise as you think you are, and your random outbursts and slights at other forum members are often uncalled for. You just come across as a grumpy old man who has not realised that he himself is still learning.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Well they just gave everyone more clarity so they clearly felt it was needed.

I can guarantee you had no idea what I was thinking in regards to what the media was releasing!

I'm not sure why you have this superiority complex but it certainly seems unwarranted. Why on earth would I take advice from a person who is clearly too stubborn to be able to absorb anybody else's opinion.

My advice to you would to stop thinking you know what everyone else is thinking based purely on what you read on a forum.

You are clearly not as wise as you think you are, and your random outbursts and slights at other forum members are often uncalled for. You just come across as a grumpy old man who has not realised that he himself is still learning.
Perfect. I just knew you were young enough to take great offence. Nah, it's better your way, reacting like you've been pinched everytime something is written or said. I offered a tiny piece of well intentioned advice and you OVER REACT with paragraphs of abuse. Where have we seen THAT before? Not the abuse bit, the usual over reaction ha ha.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Well, don't I feel like a right idiot! I was convinced Bennett would not be coaching us next year for a variety of reasons but looks like I was wrong all along.

I think I owe big apologies to a few people, in particular - John1420, Dee, Huge and Cult3. Sorry lads if I got a bit carried away in my views, you were correct about Wayne and 2019 and I was obviously way off.

I still have my doubts as to if it can work out next year but the only thing I/we can, and should do now, is get behind the team and coach 100%!
This I like, I believe you're the only other poster aside from myself who will put up their hand when they've been wrong or proven wrong. Kudos, doesn't make you less, it makes you human and respect level raised !

O

ostin86

NRL Player
Jun 15, 2010
Perfect. I just knew you were young enough to take great offence. Nah, it's better your way, reacting like you've been pinched everytime something is written or said. I offered a tiny piece of well intentioned advice and you OVER REACT with paragraphs of abuse. Where have we seen THAT before? Not the abuse bit, the usual over reaction ha ha.

So you admit to trying to bait me? That seems like something you enjoy doing. May I suggest finding something better to do with your time.

I have said my piece and I refuse to waste anybody's time continuing this conversation.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I think the only thing to do now with the likes of Lodge, Oates and TPJ is offer min. 2 year contracts. Either sign for 2 or bugger off elsewhere. Signing for 12 months is a guarantee they will follow Wayne in 2020. At least having a year with a new coach will get the new coach a chance to win them over. May not work but reduces the probability of them leaving.
No, it doesn't matter what they intend to do and Lodge in particular already has half paid his debt with a great 2018 season. A one year contract on reasonable money and then he can go to a club of his choice. I believe but don't know that Lodge has absolutely no intention of 'following WB' anywhere rather he is probably looking for a massive 3 or 4 year deal somewhere.

WB has made it clear Oates is a winger and WB being at Souths will mean little to him I believe. TPJ will be another who will in all likelihood consider where WB is going a matter of no importance and he will have other considerations. I think people on here over rate WBs draw. I know his opinion is rightfully respected but following him instead of hundreds of thousands of dollars, nah.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
This I like, I believe you're the only other poster aside from myself who will put up their hand when they've been wrong or proven wrong. Kudos, doesn't make you less, it makes you human and respect level raised !
Haha wow.

Im not sure what you were going for there but you should have left out the “aside from myself” part. You may or may not do as you have said there, I wouldnt know either way tbh, but the first step in admitting you are wrong is realising that you are wrong. Remember, these forums arent full of facts and data-most of the content and debates are SUBJECTIVE. Im sure I am often wrong in the eyes of others as are you in mine or other peoples, thats what opinions, debates, discussions and subjectivity is all about really.

Btw, I am not entering a debate on this topic.

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Haha wow.

Im not sure what you were going for there but you should have left out the “aside from myself” part. You may or may not do as you have said there, I wouldnt know either way tbh, but the first step in admitting you are wrong is realising that you are wrong. Remember, these forums arent full of facts and data-most of the content and debates are SUBJECTIVE. Im sure I am often wrong in the eyes of others as are you in mine or other peoples, thats what opinions, debates, discussions and subjectivity is all about really.

Btw, I am not entering a debate on this topic.
Yes you are, you've had your say and duly I will have mine. I have admitted being wrong, just as FIH has done, on at least three occasions over the years. I have also acknowledged valid points in this subjective world. Why should I be the only poster who has to 'realise I'm wrong' ? It doesn't seem a requirement for others according to your reasoning. I admit I'm wrong when facts and evidence prove me so or when I claim something that is proven to be incorrect. I'm not admitting to being wrong just to mollify softcocks.

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Aldo
  • Manifesto
  • Sproj
  • Lozza
  • leon.bott
  • jarro65
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.