Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021

No. Not Green. He couldn't get the cowboys into the finals for the last 3 years, and we want to be playing finals footy every year.

Yes we do but I have an ugly feeling it’s going to be a while before we play finals footy again.

This Wane fellow does sound intriguing. He actually sounds almost exactly what this team needs. Not sure how our group of pre-madonna's would respond to him. If the club decided to go for someone like him he would need to be given full license to do what he likes with the squad. A luxury which im fairly certain was not offered to Seibold.

Some of us want Kevvie others Green, still others Wane......

The good news is that we are so damn bad, anybody we get is an upgrade

Brandon Smith is Foran MkII.

Plays way too hard and gives away way too much weight for the style he plays.

If Smith keeps going at the rate he is, it’s highly likely he’ll end up held together with masking tape by his mid 20’s (late 20’s if he’s lucky), just like Foran.

Yeah, I think I said the exact same thing before too, it's my biggest worry for him.

This Wane fellow does sound intriguing. He actually sounds almost exactly what this team needs. Not sure how our group of pre-madonna's would respond to him. If the club decided to go for someone like him he would need to be given full license to do what he likes with the squad. A luxury which im fairly certain was not offered to Seibold.
Any coach who allows others to pick the team should never be a head coach and any board that facilitates or allows that to happen should go too.
I don't know who our coach will be but they should be judge, jury and executioner when it comes to team selection, player appraisal and who assists in coaching. No one else.
Of course the board has a say in who we hire and how much, but that's where it ends.
If the coach decides a million dollar player plays reserves, so be it. It should be up to him and the only him.
The board should give whoever is coaching next year the expectations for the season in regards to performance and an expected trajectory of success, based on achievable outcomes.
I feel some sympathy for siebold in that his task was never an easy one, and I don't believe for a second he is singularly responsible for this trainwreck of a season. Some of it is plain bad luck, some of it a board recalcitrant to giving coach the power Bennet had, but a lot of it comes down to what he has achieved in getting performance from this squad.
Compare us to Canterbury who fight in every game. Their squad filled with players like hopoate and they would kill for a player as gifted as Isaako (yes him) but they somehow make every point against them earned.
Of both our teams, they are lightyears ahead of us in only one thing, heart.
We need to find in this team what only a very few, like Turpin display on a regular basis. Its not talent, it's not speed or strength, its the willingness to make that tackle when your team is losing by twenty with minutes to go because there ARE minutes to go. We should picking our juniors based on more than just athletic potential but the ability to be gullible enough to believe in victory, no matter how far fetched. If the current crop can't do that, we need to some who can..

Am I delusional or does Seibold actually have a chance with the full healthy roster next year. We basically have a NRL standard team on the sidelines... maybe that's why he's not sacked yet??

Last edited:
Am I delusional or does Seibold actually have a chance with the full healthy roster next year. We basically have a NRL standard team on the sidelines... maybe that's why he's not sacked yet??
Here we go again! [emoji1787]

No doubt, he has had to contend with an injury ravaged roster this year, but he still should of been able to get the team playing to a certain standard. Ever since he has been coach, as a team we have shown no signs of creating an identity. We have no distinct style of play, no direction, no identifiable structure to fall back on, and no defensive pattern. These are all things that should of been implemented by now. Each and every player should be aware of their role in the team, but instead they all look like they've never played the game before.

No doubt, he has had to contend with an injury ravaged roster this year, but he still should of been able to get the team playing to a certain standard. Ever since he has been coach, as a team we have shown no signs of creating an identity. We have no distinct style of play, no direction, no identifiable structure to fall back on, and no defensive pattern. These are all things that should of been implemented by now. Each and every player should be aware of their role in the team, but instead they all look like they've never played the game before.

This is the crux of the matter. Injuries are a legitimate excuse for Seibold but what there is no excuse for are these:

- Wingers coming in not identified or addressed
- Non-Performing players held unaccountable
- Not addressing half time fade outs (Gentle did it in one week)
- Players are unfit
- No defensive structure at all
- No attacking structure
- Not picking Dearden
- Picking Luke over Paix
- Terrible bench usage week in week out (Again Gentle addressee this in one week)
- Everyone looks too serious, Gentoe addresses this in one week
- No ability to read a game and adjust bench use, Yount did this in his first game and Gentle did it one week
- Discipline issues with the players
- Players stagnating or regressing, very very few improving
- Not sticking with some of the lesser lights who are putting in
- Chopping and changing player positions

This is not the full list either, he can’t coach, at least he can’t coach this team

IMG 1067

Honouring his Father

Active Now

• Fozz
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Stix
  • Justwin
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • whykickamoocow
  • Maddy
  • marw
  • broncotville
  • Foordy
  • Griffo
  • Galah
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.