Where to watch the game in Brisbane?

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Hi all,

Bringing the family up from Adelaide to spend a week on the Gold Coast next week

Bought and paid for flights etc. long ago, prior to the draw coming out

Coming up Fri the 17th during the day and going home on Sat the 25th

Wanted to catch a game while up there and thought by covering 2 Fri nights, I would be safe :(

But as a consolation, I wondered about watching the game live on TV with some other supporters

Will the game be shown live?

And if so, any thoughts on a good venue?

I will have my 15yo son with me

I was thinking the leagues club maybe?

Alfie's Bar?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated :)

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
the leagues club is always a decent bet, won't be too loud or obnoxious and your son will be able to watch with you (as opposed to you going to a pub somewhere).

fairly cheap meals as well!

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The Broncos League's Club would definitely be your best bet given the situation but I'm unsure if everything is kosher with having an U/18 with you.

I'm sure someone here will know. @Broncoman has gone there a few times so he'd be the best one to ask but if you're still concerned, it wouldn't hurt to send the League's Club an email to make sure. I'm sure it shouldn't be a hassle and it's something they're asked all the time but just to be 100% certain.

If nothing else, it's worth a lunch there. It won't blow your socks off, but there's enough there to check out.

Last edited:
john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Thanks guys :)

Appreciate the help!

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Leagues club would be the best choice.

You can take people under 18 with you, as long as you're the parent or legal guardian. Since it's your son, you won't have any issues.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I vote for the leagues club as well...

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
The Broncos leagues club is a good spot to enjoy some footy especially if you're a Broncos fan. Alfie's bar is the best spot there and you can bring an under 18 there as long as there is someone over 18 with them.

Have fun

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Thanks all

Most helpful :)

Go the Broncos!

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.