VOTE Would you be ok with Lodge as captain?

Should Matt Lodge Be Captain

• Yes

Votes: 85 63.9%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 34 25.6%

• Total voters
tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Self explanatory. I made it a vote thread, but still can't see how to make the vote.....@Mods?

Yes.

Horseheadsup

Horseheadsup

NRL Player
Mar 21, 2016
If Matt is up to handling the next absolute shitstorm, I'll back him.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
The only thing that would worry me about him being captain is that he is still relatively new to NRL.

The players look up to him, but if we go down 18-0 early in a game does he have the composure to reassure the squad and get them focused back on the job.

And even with Lodge as captain you still need one of the playmakers to have a feel for the game and when to kick a team to death and win it through your defence.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Yeah I’m for it only as a **** you to everyone else but I’m really not sure if he should be.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
It's hard to know until we give him a chance. I believe the bashing he's endured will give him the steel required but that's just my belief based on the evidence.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Worth noting the question I asked in the thread title is different to the question being asked. Still, he is my 1st choice.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
There doesn't seem to be an alternative. The only two other players who possess the qualities in the team are probably Glenn & Ofahengaue, and there's a very real chance both of those players are on the bench next season, in Glenn's case, possibly not even on the team.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Worth noting the question I asked in the thread title is different to the question being asked. Still, he is my 1st choice.
What? Why? Which one day I vote yes for.

I’m definitely okay with him being captain but I don’t necessarily know if he’s the best option for captain.

Your poll is bad and you should feel bad.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
There doesn't seem to be an alternative. The only two other players who possess the qualities in the team are probably Glenn & Ofahengaue, and there's a very real chance both of those players are on the bench next season, in Glenn's case, possibly not even on the team.
I'm not sure the players look up to Offa in the same way they look up to Lodge though.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Strong no, has everyone just joined the let’s make the wrong fucking decision brigade like the club seems to have?

It’s a moot point anyway, no fucking chance it happens.

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I'm not sure the players look up to Offa in the same way they look up to Lodge though.

You don't necessarily have to look up to your captain, you just have to respect them. I think everyone in the team respects Joe, he's also well spoken and seemingly intelligent. Only thing holding him back from being a potential captain is the fact that Lodge & Haas are too good to leave out of the starting side, and he lacks the skill required to be a Lock.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Strong no, has everyone just joined the let’s make the wrong fucking decision brigade like the club seems to have?

It’s a moot point anyway, no fucking chance it happens.

tenor.gif

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Yes from me. Clearly this year and last didn't work with the guy plodding about

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Like the Milford to FB switch. He's terrified there will actually be an improvement.

Unread

Active Now

• broncoscope
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • Locky24
  • Harry Sack
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.