Young Bronco Reece Robinson set for NRL debut

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
BRONCOS coach Wayne Bennett has anointed little-known speedster Reece Robinson to make his NRL debut in round one against the Panthers.

"Reece really showed something so I think he could have solved a problem for us," Bennett said.

"He played good, really good, he looked like he knew what he was doing. He's probably put his hand up a little bit for us."

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/spor ... 83,00.html

Havn't seen much of this kid, what's he like?

I haven't seen much of him either. but i do know that he is the cousin of Mundine and Merrett, So i do hope he hasn't got their mouth. also does anyone know what happened to Beale? wasn't he the one that was going to debut in round 1?

bfoord said:
I haven't seen much of him either. but i do know that he is the cousin of Mundine and Merrett, So i do hope he hasn't got their mouth. also does anyone know what happened to Beale? wasn't he the one that was going to debut in round 1?

Beale is still in the mix for rd1.......

Beale is still under consideration. Apparently Darius Boyd isn't impressing Wayne Bennett in the trials.

I think they're more likely to let Beale get some time in the QLD Cup. I think Reece Robinson has a bit more senior experience under his belt and he's shown promise in the trials. I think it's a good call.

Tom Hewitt may disagree, unless Bennett is looking at a backline of:

Hunt
Hewitt
Michaels
Hodges
Robinson
Lockyer
Wallace

That would leave Boyd out. I'm sure that would bring a collective cheer from certain forum members (if they ever re-register!) ;-)

Beale was too quiet at the redcliffe trial, but robinson was 1 of the best players out there. made plenty of good dummy half runs.

Boyd/Michaels were very quiet throughout the game.

Perry was once again disappointing - i cant wait for Wallace to play in round 1.

Coxy I think that is the backline for Round 1, but I would replace Hewitt with Denan Kemp. Speaking of Kemp I haven't heard anything about him in any of the trials, is he injured or something?

Spud said:
Coxy I think that is the backline for Round 1, but I would replace Hewitt with Denan Kemp. Speaking of Kemp I haven't heard anything about him in any of the trials, is he injured or something?

Kemp was in the program to play for Norths (the game before the main game) at the Redcliffe trial but i'm pretty sure he didn't play

Kemp has no chance of playing round 1, is way way on the outer.

WB will go with Kemp as he will not have 2 inexperienced wingers for round 1, Boyd will play.

I agree Boyd will play. It's up to the young up and comers on whether or not he plays the full season though.

Boyd will be there for the start of the season and actually showed some good signs in the trial against Redcliffe. He was running harder and straighter and, as someone said earlier, it's hard to see Bennett going in with 2 inexperienced wingers.

Robinson also played better than the other rookies in that match (Beale and Tupou) so he may just have his nose in front at this stage.

However, it wouldn't surprise me if Bennett went for someone like Frawley.

If you look at the last couple of year, Bennett has chosen to played a rookie in the first game of the season.

2004 - Karmichael Hunt
2005 - Leon Bott
2006 - Darius Boyd
2007 - Joel Moon (played one or two game in 2006 during Origin Series)
2008 - Beale/Robinson

It would be dissapointing if Hewitt misses out, especially if Boyd somehow makes it.

i Thought Reece Robinson was really good in the trials that I saw

king_johns said:
i Thought Reece Robinson was really good in the trials that I saw

I thought both wingers, Robinson & Topou were very impressive on Saturday

He has a catchy name. Not jumping to anything but when was the last time the Broncos won Rookie of the Year?

2004- Karmichael Hunt

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Broncorob
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Fozz
  • mrslong
  • broncos4life
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Browny
  • lynx000
  • Crom
  • Justwin
  • Jedhead
  • theshed
  • Old Mate
  • ivanhungryjak
  • RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skathen
  • Wild Horse
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.