Young broncs in feeder clubs

Our young halves are the future. IMO we need someone like Gutho who could play in the halves until Deardon and or Boyd are ready. Then move into another position when they are. We dont really need to pay big money for a half and risk losing either of these 2 players.

in the halves gutho doesn't offer us anything we don't already have. he is a running half, not an organisational or game management half ... and that is what we desperately need.

I never thought i would say this, but i have been thinking for a while that what we need is a Shane Perry type half ... maybe a bit better than Perry, since he won't have the rugby league god playing outside him

Yea mate for sure a fair few try assists aswell the broncos are looking at Paix I think as a utility still have macca for a couple of years I have heard Simpkin is off contract this year and could be headed to Sydney next year

Well hopefully Seibold has identified out weaknesses and is looking to strengthen them, he's still a few years off anyway but would be one to keep around, plus Sydney teams are all pretty stacked with hookers.

Macca will be our #9 until his deal ends at the end of 2021. I just can’t see the club punting him. Best we can hope for is that he isn’t an 80 minute hooker all that time..

Macca will be our #9 until his deal ends at the end of 2021. I just can’t see the club punting him. Best we can hope for is that he isn’t an 80 minute hooker all that time..
Another option is to switch clubs until then. The Storm is basically the new Broncos. Or follow Bennett to Souths.

I just don't think we can win a premiership with him at hooker, even if he isn't playing 80. We need a new halfback, hooker and fullback at least for next year.

Don't chase anyone until someone actually great and fitting a need becomes available.

Target a hooker from QCup or Harry Grant (I've seen little of him but he is talked up), that's the first priority.

Do not even think about Gutho or Moses, both would be terrible fits for the Broncos' side and throw everything you have at Ponga. I don't care if you lose Milf and TPJ to get him, do it and do not hesitate for one minute.

1. Ponga
6. KNik
7. Dearden/Boyd/Paix
9. Boyd/Paix/Grant/QCup star/any young kid who looks faster and more composed in key moments than Macca (isn't hard)

That's the direction they should head in and yes, there will be short-term pain until this comes to fruition.

Commentators just said that paix sees himself as a hooker
**** yeah

Anyone interested - Turpin playing for Redcliffe on nine now.

Paix looked quiet dangerous at times today, does seem like more of a running style half to me so i think he could become a solid attacking hooker.

Also thought Izaia Perese was quiet good especially for a guy who's recently swapped codes. Still has a bit to work on but he's one of those guys who just looks like he's made for 1st grade.

Paix looked quiet dangerous at times today, does seem like more of a running style half to me so i think he could become a solid attacking hooker.

Also thought Izaia Perese was quiet good especially for a guy who's recently swapped codes. Still has a bit to work on but he's one of those guys who just looks like he's made for 1st grade.

From what I have seen of Paix coming through he definitely not just a running half. He has a great kicking and passing game and usually knows what the right option is.

From what I have seen of Paix coming through he definitely not just a running half. He has a great kicking and passing game and usually knows what the right option is.

Hopefully the penny has dropped for him today then and he continues with this form.

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.