Your NSW Team

Adam Reynolds is all banged up and won't be match fit come Origin time.

The NSW halves will be between the Bulldogs and the Roosters halves pairing I'm pretty sure of it. The other contenders would have to show some superb form to get a look in.

Not much of a contest there. Despite last week, Rooster's halves are styling all over the Dog's. I do hope they pick the incumbents though. Hodko may as well be getting around in a zimmer frame and I'd love to see Reynolds get a major reality check after last year.

I hope they pick Pearce and JReynolds. One has been pure shit in Origin, and the other is just pure shit.

Heylads, long term lurker here. Avid Rugby League/Broncos/QLD fan, and I pride myself on having unbiased view on the game. I really see this year as QLD's to lose, no Hayne, out of form halves. The only way I can see NSW victory is through dominating our forwards. Anyway here is my team
1. Brett Stewart
2. Daniel Tupou (Dont rate him, but safer option than Mansour or Matautia)
3. Michael Jennings
4. JMoz (Might not be as flashy as walker, but can see him containing inglis a hell of a lot more effectively)
5. Josh Dugan (See him as better version of Josh Hoffman, but hoffman nonetheless. His kick returns are his strongest asset)
6. James Maloney/Jarred Mullen. Maloney has the goal kicking, mullen much better in defence, undecided.
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Gallen
11. Hoffman
12. Bird
13. Fensom (We have been using workhorse locks for years, wonder when NSW will learn that flashy players dont necessarily make the best selections
14. Josh Jackson
15. Trent Merrin
16. Andrew Fifita
17. David Klemmer

No utility, jackson and bird are both quite versatile. Klemmer for short stints of impact. Both Merrin and Fifita can play long minutes in case of injury

Last edited:
I wish Johns can select the team.

He suggested NSW should roll the dice this year. The names he threw up were Dugan or Bird to partner Pearce in the halves..

Please listen to him Laurie!

Last edited:
Johns and Fittler throwing up some randoms

I have no idea who Daley will pick in the half's for the Blues and I doubt it will matter as whoever they are, they will be up against it. Thurston and Cronk are showing signs of turning it on this year. Another hard year for us Blues:-(.

Picking a NSW half pairing is like the Australian cricket team trying to pick a spinner when Warne and McGill retired. Thankfully there is Sezer and Brooks in the ranks.
[MENTION=8790]Drop Bear[/MENTION]; we did it last year and are defending the crown this year you gotta have faith and belief. No team in the world is unbeatable.

Picking a NSW half pairing is like the Australian cricket team trying to pick a spinner when Warne and McGill retired. Thankfully there is Sezer and Brooks in the ranks.
@Drop Bear ; we did it last year and are defending the crown this year you gotta have faith and belief. No team in the world is unbeatable.

Brooks is shit.

Brooks at this stage is seriously struggling to justify his spot in the FG side IMO. Sezer is quality though.

Yeah, Brooks has a lot of potential, but he's been fucking abysmal.

Looks like Gallen & Mansour may both be out for game 1.

1. Dugan
2. B.Morris
3. J.Morris
4. Jennings
5. Tupou
6. Maloney
7. Pearce
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Fifita
11. Bird
12. Hoffman
13. Merrin

14. Lewis
15. Scott / G.Stewart
16. Klemmer
17. Tamou

Guess they might go with something like that

Don't think Gallen's injury is that serious and I expect him to play in game 1.

1 Matt Moylan
2 Alex Johnston
3 Michael Jennings
4 Dylan Walker
5 Josh Dugan
6 Jarrod Mullen
7 Mitchell Pearce
8 Aaron Woods
9 Robbie Farah
10 David Klemmer
11 Boyd Cordner
12 Greg Bird (Shouldn't be playing but will be)
13 Paul Gallen (Of course he'll be back for Origin!)
14 Trent Merrin
15 Beau Scott
16 James Tamou
17 Andrew Fifita
18 Luke Lewis

I can't see them beating us this year. To be fair, I couldn't see them beating us last year but there were some terrible calls and the refs are just as bad, if not worse than they were last year. I can see players like Mata'utia, Mansour, both Morris brothers, Adam Reynolds, James Roberts, Ryan James and Fensom getting a run if they return or have some injuries.

Shitty Country team lists are out.

Of note, the starting halves picked are Mullen and Maloney (Country) vs Reynolds and Keary (City) with Bird (Country) and Austin (City) on the bench.

Hard to tell if Hodgkinson and Pearce are out of favour or are already locked in.

Last edited:
I'd say they know it's out of Pearce & Hodkinson for the Halfback position, which they will decide based on the next few weeks form.. They look like they're just trialling all the potential Five-Eighth's

According to the mole dogginson and Reynolds are already locked in

I'd pick Hodkinson at halfback this year for sure. I don't think he's that great a player at club level, but he really stood up when was needed for NSW and won them the series. Which is more than Pearce ever did at rep level. Pearce is obviously more talented at club level, but some players can be pretty ordinary for their clubs and still deliver for their state. Nate Myles is probably the best example. Maybe Hodkinson would be like that too...or at least deliver more than their other options.

Meanwhile, I still think his partner is absolutely worthless.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • Socnorb
  • Gaz
  • Santa
  • Dash
  • levikaden
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Tim K
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.