2011 Four Nations Discussion

No need to put an age on it BP, First contract you sign is the one where you should make your choice.

Mmhmmm, it's just they generally sign their first contract around that age.

Why should you have to "choose"? If you have multiple eligibilities that's fine, just wait until you get selected.

IMO though, Origin eligibility shouldn't be reliant on being Australian. If you're brought up in QLD or NSW, play your first senior football here, you should be able to play Origin, even if by birth you are a Kiwi or a Pom or whatever.
Yeah, agree with both things, but once you've played for a country, that's it!
You're no longer eligible to play for anyone else, like in most other sports.

Yeah, agree with both things, but once you've played for a country, that's it!
You're no longer eligible to play for anyone else, like in most other sports.

^ exactly

Only if those teams are Australia, New Zealand and England.

The rest need as much help as they can get.

Only if those teams are Australia, New Zealand and England.

The rest need as much help as they can get.
Maybe you could allow a player to "downgrade" (represent a lower ranked country than the current one) once, such as Australia to Samoa in order to help the RL developping countries, but there's no coming back or upgrading.

Maybe down the line, right now, International games can use the star power and I don't see the point of punishing some of our players for wanting to help the International game.

I do think it's a bit of a joke at the moment. Like the Josh McGuire situation. They didn't have a clue what was going on there.

Teams for Friday/Saturdays game:
Australia: Billy Slater, Akuila Uate, Willie Tonga, Chris Lawrence, Darius Boyd, Darren Lockyer (capt), Johnathan Thurston, Paul Gallen, Cameron Smith, Matt Scott, Luke Lewis, Sam Thaiday, Anthony Watmough. Int: Cooper Cronk, Keith Galloway, David Shillington, Tony Williams, Beau Scott, Greg Inglis, Corey Parker (three to be omitted).

New Zealand: Kevin Locke, Kalifa Faifai Loa, Lewis Brown, Gerard Beale, Jason Nightingale, Benji Marshall (capt), Kieran Foran, Ben Matulino, Issac Luke, Sam McKendry, Sika Manu, Simon Mannering, Jeremy Smith. Int: Thomas Leuluai, FuiFui Moimoi, Alex Glenn, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.

Thought the Kiwis would have made a few more changes, to the backs anyhow.

I don't know how many changes they can make to their backs. They're really short of centres. Lewis Brown is a basket case out there in defence. Absolutely hopeless. Dunno why they dropped Glenn to the bench. I thought he was one of their best in Newcastle (*Disclaimer: bias).

I'd like Parker to get a run off the bench but can't see it happening. He'll probably only get a game against Wales.

Glenn is a little unlucky, Kiwis obviously wanted somebody more explosive and between him and Mannering, he was always going to have to give up his spot.

Matulino is a good in, and it's good to see Fien dropped for them. I thought he was hopeless in the game at Newcastle and Luke is infinitely the better player.

Glenn is a little unlucky, Kiwis obviously wanted somebody more explosive and between him and Mannering, he was always going to have to give up his spot.

Matulino is a good in, and it's good to see Fien dropped for them. I thought he was hopeless in the game at Newcastle and Luke is infinitely the better player.

Agree very much on Matulino, Luke and Fien.

Luke's still a c*** with small man syndrome though.

Yep, can't stand him either and I don't think he compares at all to Cam Smith (most hookers don't).

Both centres are a huge problem for them, but Lewis Brown in particular has no business being out in the centres. Good player, I rate him and thought he was good on debut off the bench which is where he should be played if he's to play at all. I'd shift Mannering to the centres to protect Benji, allowing Beale to go onto the left hand side where he's partnered with a more reliable defender in Foran. This allows Glenn to be promoted into the starting line-up and Brown can shift onto the bench. I think that's a much better arrangement all things considered.

Luke had another goot dive at Shillington's legs. Two in Two games - he needs to be charged.

He's a little germ. I hope he is Souths for life, he deserves it.

That was the worst game. The ruck control was attrocious by the ref. What a boring game.
Isaac Luke - synonym for grubby cat

New Zealand: Beale and Glenn have swapped positions. Beale will now be playing out on the wing while Glenn will be covering him in the centres.

Australia: Parker has been named on the extended bench and looks to be the replacement for Dave Shillington.

Glenn would be excellent in the centres for them IMO, can finish a try but its his D that is crucial. Really hoping Parker gets a game, such a deserved reward.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Broncos Maestro
  • something
  • Fitzy
  • Tim K
  • simplythebest
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • eggstar10
  • Bronx48
  • Dash
  • Stix
  • Nerd
  • Brocko
  • mystico
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.