2018 NRL Side

Oh dont worry mate, you have the biggest role of all, Bennett retires and you take over and guide the side to premiership glory!
Awesome, can get rid of that useless halfback, and get a proper one, like Unbreakable. :superhappythumbsup:

Oh yeah we need another waterboy and an assistant coach, any takers?

1. Fordy
2. Smokin' Joe
3. Kyall
4. JD123 (C)
5. Faithinhook
6. Big Pete
7. Mr Fourex
8. GCBRONCO
9. Nashy
10. 1910
11. Super freak
12. Bucking Beads
13. Broncosman

14. Ningnangnong
15. Broncospwn
16. Huge
17. Alec
Ouchhhh

So I figured I'd bump this thread to list off who we've actually got signed for 2018 currently and who's off contract still.

Contracted -

Blair (2018)
Ese'ese (2018)
Gillett (2020)
McGuire (2021)
Moga (2018)
Nikorima (2018)
Oates (2018)
Opacic (2018)
M.Pangai (2018)
T.Pangai (2018)
Pearson (2018)
Sims (2018)
Su'A (2018)
Thaiday (2018)

Off-Contract (But rumoured to re-sign) -

Boyd (2021?)
Milford (2021?)

Off-Contract -

Arrow
Barr
Boyce
Cronin
Dodds
Fai
Funaki
Glenn
Hipgrave
Isaako
Kahu
Lavea
Love-Henry
Marshall
McCullough
Mead
Molo
Murphy
Ofahengaue
Roberts
Rockley
Scarlett
Seve
Shibasaki
Terupe
Waddell

Last edited:
I thought Blair was confirmed for next year?

A quick search reveals that it's never too early, in fact, this is what we thought 4 years ago.

https://broncoshq.com/threads/broncos-team-2018.22680/

My team.

1. Ben Barba
2. Elijah Alick
3. Brenko Lee
4. Dale Copley
5. Daniel Vidot
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ashley Taylor
8. Joe Ofahengaue
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Dylan Napa
11. Alex Glenn (c)
12. Corey Oates
13. Josh McGuire

14. Dave Taylor
15. Matt Gillett
16. Dunamis Lui
17. Francis Molo

I won't quit my day job...

A few years later, I was far less chill about future teams...

https://broncoshq.com/threads/2019-brisbane-broncos-line-up.27820/

While I was being a prick, a few of those predictions aren't that crazy.
Thanks for posting this! Had a good laugh at some of those comments

Ok let's say Thiday retires this year,
We are probably losing Ese'Ese, Lodge, Arrow, Fai, Molo
That's a lot of fire and nows the time to think about next year. Whats people's thoughts now on the side.

1. Boyd
2. Pearson
3. Roberts
4. Bird
5. Kahu
6. KNik
7. Milford
8. McGuire
9. Macca
10. Blair
11. Su'a
12. Gillett
13. TPJ

14. Marshall
15. Joffa
16. Sims
17. Oates

Still nothing wrong with that side even if we lose all those blokes.

In what fantasy world is Oates getting exiled to the bench to make way for Jonus Pearson or Jaydn Su'A?

1. Boyd
2. Pearson
3. Roberts
4. Bird
5. Kahu
6. KNik
7. Milford
8. McGuire
9. Macca
10. Blair
11. Su'a
12. Gillett
13. TPJ

14. Marshall
15. Joffa
16. Sims
17. Oates

Still nothing wrong with that side even if we lose all those blokes.
Not a bad looking side but put Oates back on the wing and get Niko the hell out of the halves. We also aren't sure if Jet or Ofa will be with the Broncos in 2018. Too early to predict next year's lineup. This sport changes so quickly.

EDIT: And where the hell are Sammy and Lexi? Do you really think they won't be part of the squad next year?

KEVIN Walters has spoken of his desire to coach the Broncos as he closes in on making a perfect start to his Maroons coaching career.
Walters would rack up his second State of Origin series victory as Queensland coach if the Maroons win Wednesday night’s decider.
It would be a dream start to his stint in the Origin hot-seat, having stepped into the role last year following Mal Meninga’s incredibly successful 10-year tenure.
Walters could have been on a hiding to nothing replacing Meninga but wrapped up last year’s series in two games and has taken this year’s to a decider following a heavy Game One loss at Suncorp Stadium.
Walters was happy being in control of the Maroons but said he had aspirations to return to the club he played 237 games for.
“One day I hope to go back and work at the Broncos,” he said.
db361ee2909ab75621d96fa7bda74ee5

Kevin Walters calls out instructions during a Maroons training session.
“I’d like to end up in the NRL one day but I’m enjoying this so much.
“Three or four years ago I would have killed for a post in the NRL but now that I’ve got this position here, it really does satisfy me.
“I get the coaching emotions and energy out of me that I like doing. I’m getting everything I need as a coach.”
Walters insisted he had no immediate plans to leave the Queensland fold. He was contracted until the end of next year’s series and Maroons powerbrokers were keen to extend his tenure.
Bennett, 67, was contracted to coach the Broncos until the end of the 2019 season but his future beyond then is unclear.
With the Maroons undergoing a changing of the guard — and missing Johnathan Thurston, Darius Boyd, Matt Scott and Greg Inglis for the decider — Walters was facing his biggest coaching challenge.
But this was the responsibility he was craving after leaving his assistant role with Bennett to take up the Maroons post.
“Sooner or later you have to take the big jump,” he said.
b5cb75d8aaceefe27612169b16c2476a

Maroons captain Cameron Smith (left) and coach Kevin Walters during the Queensland State of Origin team training session.
“It’s been a great challenge, this year more than last.
‘‘With that comes responsibility and decision-making.
“Down the track (I’d like to coach an NRL club) but I’ve still got a lot of work to do here as the Queensland coach.
“We’ve seen the transition of eight (new) players (this series). We knew that was going to be a big challenge for us.
“Regardless of the result, it’s been a terrific year for Queensland. We’ve come through it pretty well I reckon.”
27b95e56280e67f9a1868153288bb9f3

Maroons coach Kevin Walters wants to return to the Broncos.
Walters served a lengthy coaching apprenticeship that he believed prepared him for the Origin role, and Broncos halfback Ben Hunt was certain he could make a successful transition into the NRL.
“I’ve got no doubts about that at all,” he said.
“If there is a club job that comes up any time soon, I think he’s got to be at the top of the list.
“Out of all the coaches I’ve had, I’ve found Kevvie to be the one that gets the best out of me. He knows what makes me tick and how I can play my best football.
“Any time I’ve had any involvement with Kevvie I’ve seemed to play pretty good football.
“The more I’m involved with him and talk to him, the better it is for me.”

1. Boyd
2. Pearson
3. Roberts
4. Oates
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. KNik.
8. McGuire
9. Macca
10. TPJ
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Bird
14. Sua (on after 30 for Glenn).
15. Sims
16. Blair
17. Offa (prefer to make bit higher offer for Ese2)
18. Marshall
19. Opaic (Oates can cover second row if injuries).

?spare forwards, need a big powerful centre forward

Thaiday on the Corey Parker plan. Mead released to who cares where.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • BroncsNBundy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  • marw
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Organix
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.