11. Korbin Sims
12. Matt Gillett
13. Tevita Pangai Junior
-----------------------------
14. Alex Glenn
15. Sam Thaiday
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Patrick Mago

From what I have heard about Mago, he is here for depth.

Sims definitely won't be playing in the second row and I wouldn't re-sign him past this season.

Sims staying after next year ?

He does contribute extremely well to our ginger fury capacity, that has been sadly diminished since Reed retired...

Attachments

• A6021B33-7DF6-4C7A-95FD-7EB4B92F82D6.png
    A6021B33-7DF6-4C7A-95FD-7EB4B92F82D6.png
    553.7 KB · Views: 83
Just personal preference with Sims in backrow. I know he won't play there.

Honestly, I have no idea who our next centre will be. Opacic probably deserves a shot, but arguments could be made for kahu, bird, another of our depth players, or even a bolter from our younger brigade.
If opacic did get it, I would to see him partnered with a young star on the wing who can find the line (not necessarily his wing partner). Someone with more speed and agility than current two wingers.
They both do a good job but lack that x factor that makes other wingers dangerous on their own.
Not sure if anyone is up to it, but you can hope there might be a bolter somewhere in the new season. Bennet teams usually have someone come in that's flown under the radar.
Its his third as coach and players will start to reach an NRL standard that he brought through the juniors. If not then I'd be surprised if it wasn't only Thaiday moving on at the end of the year. Not saying they'll be certain starters but a transitions of our backs is inevitable and blooding a young back will make easier when Boyd calls it a day.

Everyone back now as of yesterday- bar World Cup players. Rehab group yesterday was Oates, Milford, Kahu and McCullough.
Any surprise players show up that the media haven't announced?

I think this is going to be the squad next year
1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Lodge
9. McC
10. Ofahengaue
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. McG

14. Thaiday
15. Sims
16. TPJ
17. Savelio/Tueli/Mago/Sua/Carrigan

Everyone back now as of yesterday- bar World Cup players. Rehab group yesterday was Oates, Milford, Kahu and McCullough.
Is Bird back already, didn't he have to have surgery?

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.