2019 Broncos Line-up

Experience is a big factor for keeping Glenn in. We are so light on it. I don't think we want to end up like the Tiggers a few years back, where it's all young players, they pretty much run the club, and then all **** off to different clubs.

I need you to post how you come to your conclusions as i cant work it out. I dont need to seek out what he does personally because i have a good grasp on what he brings to the Broncos. I dont need the supercoach game to tell me that

Good on you for getting the stats, but there is still very little comparison to go on. You have just pulled up the lists for the year for every player, not much thought has gone into it. Its not an apples for apples comparison. You are comparing an edge back rower with hookers, locks, props, fullbacks and wingers for some things. As i said to you, i took issue with your comparison of Glenn with other back rowers. Your lists dont back anything up really in that regard. We need direct comparisons with the other edge backrowers in the comp to get a better picture, not Alex Glenn compared against Jake Friend for tackles made or Blake Ferguson for meters made.

I really dont think you were joking about Fifita, but that doesnt really matter, same with saying Kotoni can play anywhere because he is the cousin of Tyrone Peachy ( again, which i doubt he is, but feel free to prove me wrong ).

My comment about decoy runs ( amongst other things ), if you read it properly, was asking what stats you were using to come to your conclusions. I wasnt saying he was a fantastic decoy runner for example. Like i said, you compared him directly to other back rowers in the comp, then go on to compare him to hookers. So when you say he doesnt get involved as much as other backrowers in the comp, back it up against other edge backrowers like Glenn please.

I'm not going to hold my breath for anything so i'll leave this little conversation here. I just cant see you putting up any real comparisions with other edge backrowers. You will probably just compare him against the elite ones, and Glenn isnt an elite back rower.

I don't think you get that I'm fine with having Glenn in the side and I think he's a solid, experienced backrower.

I said he's not a work horse.

That's all.

Your fascination with my opinions never ceases to amaze me

I don't think you get that I'm fine with having Glenn in the side and I think he's a solid, experienced backrower.

That's all.

I'm sure you cant read. I never made any comment about him being a work horse. I swear you make things up in your head. Have you had a big first day back at school or something? I questioned how you came to the conclusion he doesn't get involved ( whatever that actually means ) as the other backrowers in the comp. Take a deep breath, compose yourself, and actually read whats in front of you, not what you imagine is in front of you.

And as much as i do love you, don't kid yourself i'm fascinated with you. I just wonder where you come up with some of your strange ideas from.

That's all.

He actually clarified a few posts up that his issue was with how you said that Glenn doesn't get involved enough in games comparatively to other backrowers in the game, which I believe is incorrect. Unless you're exclusively comparing him to Cordner, Frizell and other tier 1 backrowers, which isn't really fair. He's middle of the pack I'd imagine in terms of touches / tackles per game, maybe even slightly above average. He gets involved plenty.

Edit: Scratch that, just checked, he actually "gets involved" just as much as Frizell, statistically speaking anyway.

Last edited:
I'm sure you cant read. I never made any comment about him being a work horse. I swear you make things up in your head. Have you had a big first day back at school or something? I questioned how you came to the conclusion he doesn't get involved ( whatever that actually means ) as the other backrowers in the comp. Take a deep breath, compose yourself, and actually read whats in front of you, not what you imagine is in front of you.

And as much as i do love you, don't kid yourself i'm fascinated with you. I just wonder where you come up with some of your strange ideas from.

He actually clarified a few posts up that his issue was with how you said that Glenn doesn't get involved enough in games comparatively to other backrowers in the game, which I believe is incorrect. Unless you're exclusively comparing him to Cordner, Frizell and other tier 1 backrowers, which isn't really fair. He's middle of the pack I'd imagine in terms of touches / tackles per game, maybe even slightly above average. He gets involved plenty.

Edit: Scratch that, just checked, he actually "gets involved" just as much as Frizell, statistically speaking anyway.

Hahaha running through my words with a fine tooth comb.

You're clearly bias towards Glenn which is understandable because this is a Broncos forum.

Unless you're exclusively comparing him to Cordner, Frizell and other tier 1 backrowers, which isn't really fair.

I don't see why my opinion has to be "fair" on Glenn.. I was comparing Glenn with the top tier backrowers in terms of work rate because we started this discussion based around the fact that he was being labelled a work horse

IMG 8761
Work horse

Hahaha running through my words with a fine tooth comb.

You're clearly bias towards Glenn which is understandable because this is a Broncos forum.

I don't see why my opinion has to be "fair" on Glenn.. I was comparing Glenn with the top tier backrowers in terms of work rate because we started this discussion based around the fact that he was being labelled a work horse

But you werent comparing him to the top tier, you said other back rowers. That could have been anyone.

I put Fifita, Su’A and Gillette above him.

at least spell Gillett's name right

I put Gillett ahead of Glenn also ... but your main problem is you mistake "potential" for "performance"

Fifita has the "potential" to be one of the best backrowers we have ever had at this club (not an easy feat given some of the players we have had in that position) ... and maybe in 12 months, if he can consistently play at a high level he will overtake Glenn in the pecking order. Hopefully, Fifita is able to avoid that dreaded 2nd year syndrome.

Fifita's issue like nearly every rookie (especially forward rookies), is that there is a big difference between their best games and their worst games.

8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Ofahengaue
12. Gillett
13. Pangai Junior

Fill in the blanks

Here are the options

Glenn
Su'a
Staggs
Haas
Tagataese
Fensom
Fifita
Carrigan
Mago
Flegler
Turpin
O'Sullivan

8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Ofahengaue
11. Sua
12. Gillett
13. Pangai Junior
17. Fifita

Fill in the blanks

Here are the options

Glenn
Su'a
Staggs
Haas
Tagataese
Fensom
Fifita
Carrigan
Mago
Flegler
Turpin
O'Sullivan

1 Prop, 2 second rowers and a utility. If TPJ is being used as a 3rd Prop as Seibold says, that means all three can share the load and play longer minutes. 2 second rowers on the bench are a must until we know for sure what Gillett's situation is and Staggs has done more than enough to justify not being dropped for someone like Mago or Taga.

Last edited:
I do admire your passion upthebroncs, I just think there's something to be said for experience and work ethic. Metrics that can't be measured entirely by stats but are valued within the squad. Unbreakable mentioned Blair before, yeah he had certain games where he absolutely sucked in terms of pure output, but he was well renown for his 1%ers and for being the guy that set the standard for work ethic. That's important to have for youngsters, I don't think Glenn is exactly like him but there are parallels.

Would I re-sign Glenn for another 3 years? Nah. I think this is his last season here unless he plays out of his skin, but we gotta make the youngsters work for it. There are a myriad of youngsters who were given it all in the infancy of their careers and didn't push on - i want them to be disappointed they didn't make the squad. I want their hunger. Earn it on performance, not on potential or wage.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jeza23
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.