2019 Broncos Line-up

Under 20s lock perhaps... Looked very lean in that video... I mean when you compare him to Haas and Fifita (who is a second rower), I just cant imagine him being in the front row for us. I've seen very little of him playing (just the junior QLD stuff), so i'm not pretending to be an expert on him. But yeah, defiintely seems small for a front rower...

He’s a 190cm and 104kg at 20 years old according to his profile. I mean, at that height that may a little slim by NRL standards but he’s still a very big human being. I think hell be fine.

I completely forgot about Nick Kenny. He was bog average haha

Yeah that only shows you how shit things can quickly turn if you don't stay on top of things. That said I'm not comparing what we have now to back then in terms of where we are at in terms of forward depth. Joel Clinton was signed after Civo left the Broncos to go to Penrith and boy did we get the shit end of that.

Last edited:
I'm glad the club seems to be doing whatever it can to retain these young blokes. Even if it does mean cutting loose a couple of experiences towards. I think there is something special brewing at our mighty club.

Remember when we whinged about the youngsters not being given a go... Pepperidge farmers remembers

It's all well and good to give youngsters a go, but you can't have a side full of youngsters ... you need those old heads around both on the field and on the training park to lead them.

I completely forgot about Nick Kenny. He was bog average haha
Our 2010 props were terrible. Kenny, Anderson, Setu, The worst Sims, Dodds, Tronc. Our back row was fantastic though.

Does anyone else get the feeling something more is going on behind the scenes at the broncos? In a good new signing way I mean. We will have A LOT of cash spare if kahu, mcguire and glenn go even with the re-signings of the young players. It doesnt sound like we are paying any of the frieght for shifting them, mcguire at least, and the other 2 only have 1 year left on their contracts...

Does anyone else get the feeling something more is going on behind the scenes at the broncos? In a good new signing way I mean. We will have A LOT of cash spare if kahu, mcguire and glenn go even with the re-signings of the young players. It doesnt sound like we are paying any of the frieght for shifting them, mcguire at least, and the other 2 only have 1 year left on their contracts...
There's not many starts available, perhaps Johnson?

Personally, i think these older players are being allowed to leave so we can lock up the youngsters.

I dont think a new signing is imminent.

Does the club benefit at all by releasing Glenn for 2019 to the Titans or is it just the less tangible benefit of being seen by players as a club that does what's best for its players? He only has one year left on his contact, we need the experience, and while our best 17 may be only minimally impacted, how often do you actually have the luxury of being able to select your best 17 in any given week? I can't imagine that the difference between his 2019 contract and the minimum top 25/26/30 wage would be that useful this late in the game unless we were already flying too close to the sun even after losing McGuire.

There's not many starts available, perhaps Johnson?
Johnson, souths spine player, norman, moses, j reynolds, maloney, dce...

All scenarios that could somehow happen for a variety of reasons in the crazy world they call the nrl. Who would have thought 2 weeks ago that mcguire would be in cowboys gear next year?

Personally, i think these older players are being allowed to leave so we can lock up the youngsters.

I dont think a new signing is imminent.
I think they are as well but there will definetly be some spare after that. Mcguire, glenn and kahu were all internationals when they got re-signed. I get that these young players are good but their upgrades wont be that much more then forecast/predicted.

I think they are as well but there will definetly be some spare after that. Mcguire, glenn and kahu were all internationals when they got re-signed. I get that these young players are good but their upgrades wont be that much more then forecast/predicted.
I reckon it’s time to throw the surplus at Cam Smith to play half back. Gets him away from the cold Melbourne winters impacting on his dodgy back and spares him from wiping the Bellamy spit from his face after every training session.

Active Now

• Nerd
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Strop
  • Skathen
  • Stix
  • Alec
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • Xzei
  • Mister Wright
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncos4life
  • abashii
  • FACTHUNT
  • Old Mate
  • marw
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.