9. Ben Hunt
10. Josh Papalii
11. Matt Gillett
12. Felise Kaufusi
13. Josh McGuire

14. David Fifita
15. Dylan Napa
17. Christian Welch

I forget who the 16 was. It may have been Jarrod Wallace? Regardless, that was their team if Cherry-Evans was unfit for Game I.

Munster and Cherry-Evans will be the halves if fit, but I'm far from sold on either. Morgan has made a mixed start to the season, but his ability to perform in the clutch makes me lean towards him.

Does QLD have any other centres? Though I guess at least having Gagai on the left means he wouldn't be marking up on Latrell and Keary...
Christian Welch, I just don't know about him. He's always been kinda average, and this is in a Storm side that makes you look better than you generally are. He's had 1 big game against the Roosters, which actually was super impressive, but that could just be a fluke.
Napa is out for a while too, but he'll probably be back in time.
Finally, I dunno why they can't just name Arrow at lock and McGuire in the front row. Maybe it's a small thing in the grand scheme of things (depending on how they play), but it just shits me a little bit.

Does QLD have any other centres? Though I guess at least having Gagai on the left means he wouldn't be marking up on Latrell and Keary...
Christian Welch, I just don't know about him. He's always been kinda average, and this is in a Storm side that makes you look better than you generally are. He's had 1 big game against the Roosters, which actually was super impressive, but that could just be a fluke.
Napa is out for a while too, but he'll probably be back in time.
Finally, I dunno why they can't just name Arrow at lock and McGuire in the front row. Maybe it's a small thing in the grand scheme of things (depending on how they play), but it just shits me a little bit.

Feldt is another head scratcher for me.
When does he come back from injury?
I like Welch, runs hard, tackles hard but I know what you mean, but who else do you pick?

Totally agree, Arrow should be lock, McGuire to the from row.

Feldt is another head scratcher for me.
When does he come back from injury?
I like Welch, runs hard, tackles hard but I know what you mean, but who else do you pick?

Totally agree, Arrow should be lock, McGuire to the from row.

Yeah I have Feldt in my SVRL team and every week I'm checking for him to return. Keeps getting pushed back, and it's now sitting as "indefinite".

I forget who the 16 was. It may have been Jarrod Wallace?

It was, which is the only aspect of the team I didn't like.

For me, either Welch or Ofahengaue have to be there. Before this season started, I would have gone with Joe, but Welch has continued to improve while Ofahengaue started slow off the blocks. I thought last week may have drawn things level as Welch didn't nail his starting audition while Joe had his best game off the bench and ran with a lot of vigour.

I don't like the idea of having three props though and Fifita is that versatile forward that covers the edge or middle if need be. I'd like the 14 to be a utility whether that's Anthony Milford, Brodie Croft, AJ Brimson, Corey Norman, Moses Mbye or Ash Taylor - somebody who can cover a position in case of injury or just provide something different if the attack is too predictible.

It's tough because it appears Cherry-Evans will likely be out until Game II. Supposedly he went in for surgery on his ankle, which would suggest he won't be back within 4 weeks, which would have been just enough time to get him into Game I.

Cooper Cronk to come out of retirement. Smith to crack the shits and come back too. QLD still lose 3-0

So now McGuire could miss game 1 as well. Yikes...

We're a chance if Freddy picks Cleary and Maloney. They look absolutely dreadful.

So no Holmes, no Smith, no Cronk, no Inglis, no Slater, no McGuire, no DCE, no Friend, no Napa. They don't have the depth to cover this. :(

1. Ponga
2. Oates
3. Chambers
4. Morgan
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Milford
8. Papalii
9. Mahoney
10. Wallace
11. Cooper
12. Gillett
13. Arrow

14. Hunt
15. Joffa
16. Welch
17. Fifita

I'm sure some of those will be incredibly wrong but anyway you cut it, this team is going to suck.

So no Holmes, no Smith, no Cronk, no Inglis, no Slater, no McGuire, no DCE, no Friend, no Napa. They don't have the depth to cover this. :(

1. Ponga
2. Oates
3. Chambers
4. Morgan
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Milford
8. Papalii
9. Mahoney
10. Wallace
11. Cooper
12. Gillett
13. Arrow

14. Hunt
15. Joffa
16. Welch
17. Fifita

I'm sure some of those will be incredibly wrong but anyway you cut it, this team is going to suck.

No room for Boyd?

As much as I'd be keen to give Mahoney a crack, I think Walters will select Hunt at 9 if DCE is fit.

1. Ponga
2. Oates
3. Chambers
4. Morgan
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Milford
8. Papalii
9. Mahoney
10. Wallace
11. Cooper
12. Gillett
13. Arrow

14. Hunt
15. Joffa
16. Welch
17. Fifita

Milford is at best a bench player for Qld. He is flat out doing his job for Brisbane, putting him back in the halves for Qld where he's been useless is asking for a series defeat before a ball is kicked. They'll just run at him all night.

According to Lockyer and a few journos, it's looking like McGuire & Hunt will share the 9 duties, with McGuire starting the game and playing the first 20 or so, with Hunt to come and play the remaining 60.

So I guess that leaves us with something along these lines -

1. Ponga
2. Oates
3. Chambers
4. Morgan
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Wallace
9. McGuire
10. Papalii
11. Cooper
12. Gillett
13. Arrow

14. Hunt
15. Hess/Kaufusi
16. Napa/Ofahengaue/Welch
17. Ofahengaue/Welch/Napa

A few question marks over the NSW line-up with the poor form of Roberts, Maloney, Cleary, RCG, Peachey, etc. I would love to see Walker get a run to be honest, think he's built for Origin. Could also see McLean & Murray getting debuts. There's not really any middle forwards outperforming them

1. Tedesco
2. Addo-Carr
3. Mitchell
4. Bird
5. Ferguson
6. Walker
7. Cleary
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Vaughan
11. Cordner (c)
12. Frizell
13. Trbojevic

14. Peachey
15. Crichton
16. McLean
17. Murray

Keary would have to be ahead of Walker, he's a deadset gun.

I think it's out of those 2 for sure, Cleary is a lock for the 7 jersey still.

I have Walker ahead of Keary this year, even looking at the stats it's remarkable how much work Walker is doing.

Keary (7 games) - 1 try, 10 try assists, 1 line-break, 4 line-break assists, 6 forced drop outs
Walker (8 games) - 9 tries, 7 try assists, 6 line-breaks, 6 line-break assists, 5 forced drop outs

if i was an NSW selector i would have them both in the side. but i think @Unbreakable is right Cleary is a lock for the 7 jersery, luckily for us

I think it's out of those 2 for sure, Cleary is a lock for the 7 jersey still.

I have Walker ahead of Keary this year, even looking at the stats it's remarkable how much work Walker is doing.

Keary (7 games) - 1 try, 10 try assists, 1 line-break, 4 line-break assists, 6 forced drop outs
Walker (8 games) - 9 tries, 7 try assists, 6 line-breaks, 6 line-break assists, 5 forced drop outs
I am sure Keary scored more than 1 try this season. Something doesn't add up there...

That said, either of them will be a handfull for Qld.

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Porthoz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Strop
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.