2023 State of Origin Discussion

I'd love nothing more than NSW and Fittler/Alexander getting their bums properly smacked because it's what they deserve.
Fittler has been exposed IMO.
He held off taking the job until he knew he had the cattle then was so smug after the 2 series wins .
He's had a couple of injuries to contend with for sure but non of his sides have overcome adversity and his selections are weird.
He's out of his league and it shows big time

Here is the NSW team ... Gould gets his selection.

1. James Tedesco (c) (Sydney Roosters)
2. Brian To’o (Penrith Panthers)
3. Latrell Mitchell (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
4. Tom Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
5. Josh Addo-Carr (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
6. Jarome Luai (Penrith Panthers)
7. Mitchell Moses (Parramatta Eels)
8. Junior Paulo (Parramatta Eels)
9. Damien Cook (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
10. Payne Haas (Brisbane Broncos)
11. Tyson Frizell (Newcastle Knights)
12. Hudson Young (Canberra Raiders)
13. Isaah Yeo (Penrith Panthers)
14. Stefano Utoikamanu (Wests Tigers)
15. Cameron Murray (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
16. Liam Martin (Penrith Panthers)
17. Reece Robson (North Queensland Cowboys)
18. Stephen Crichton (Penrith Panthers)
19. Keaon Koloamatangi (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

Thank goodness that blind Freddie went with arrogant prick in Moses & not Adam. This choice is destined to result in
1. Adam to say, “**** it, I’m going to prove what I’m in winning the premiership this year foremost”.
2. QLD to wrap up the series in Game-2
3. Knucklehead Moses to loose confidence & self destruct.

Footy Gods are kind to QLD & Broncos.
Celebrate Season 1 GIF by The Roku Channel

I hope eventually Gould is able to be held accountable for the messes he creates. The Bulldogs are terrible, NSW selections are poor and yet he just gets away with it. He should put his hand up as coach instead of hiding behind all of these roles he creates.

I still expect blind Freddie to bungle & swap Young to that Souffs back rower pregame. Both are penalty magnets but playing crook Young will play into QLD’s hands. Souffs back rower is a workhorse though but I don’t give a rats ass as we’re going to wrap up the series @Suncorp.

I hope eventually Gould is able to be held accountable for the messes he creates. The Bulldogs are terrible, NSW selections are poor and yet he just gets away with it. He should put his hand up as coach instead of hiding behind all of these roles he creates.
It'll take time for the Bulldogs to get better (similar to Penrith). Also, while I am sure he provides advice, its not his responsibility to pick the NSW team.

It'll take time for the Bulldogs to get better (similar to Penrith). Also, while I am sure he provides advice, its not his responsibility to pick the NSW team.
They have a pretty damn good team and they’re playing terribly. There’s no excuses for why they’re playing so terribly. They shouldn’t be winning the comp at this point but absolutely should be improving and they arent

They have a pretty damn good team and they’re playing terribly. There’s no excuses for why they’re playing so terribly. They shouldn’t be winning the comp at this point but absolutely should be improving and they arent
I dunno, give it some time I reckon. They did just win the wooden spoon in 2021. It takes time for most teams to climb the ladder, especially with a 1st year coach.

Not everyone is as good as Kevvie Walters 😉

I'm so glad Reyno was not picked as this coming game at Lang park we will be even stronger than game 1 and we'll have the home ground advantage. I genuinely think we'll now do a clean sweep this year and I'd hate that stigma hanging over Reyno's head as we near the pointy end of the season.

Freddy, the space cadet actually uttered these words on the Sunday footy show when discussing the Api tackle and Tino's reaction " Tino surely has to show due diligence" :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl"Due diligence?" I think the phrase his space cadet mind was searching for was "Duty of care", but hey near enough Freddy!

He has done us all a solid by overlooking Reyno as our little leader now does not have to pick his team mates apart in order to try and secure a win for the cockroaches.

So much for those concussion protocols.

Bloke gets a Cat 1 and couldn't get to his feet after it, but all good for origin... because... reasons

Pretty sure Origin 2 was exactly 11 days from when Martin was concussed, so they're not actually required to seek an exemption.

Martin will just need to be on modified training the whole camp

Pretty sure Origin 2 was exactly 11 days from when Martin was concussed, so they're not actually required to seek an exemption.

Apparently they've been seeking an exemption to allow him to do contact training in the lead up

FREDDY GAMBLES ON KEY NSW TRIO AMID INJURY FEARS
Panthers gun Liam Martin has been named in Fittler’s team despite suffering a nasty head knock against the Roosters.
The 26-year-old’s head hit the hip of Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and was ruled to have shown category one symptoms.
According to The Daily Telegraph, Martin texted his manager Allan Gainey and said “no symptoms over the last couple of days”.
Martin could now be cleared medically if he passes the NRL’s six-step concussion protocol for returning players.
He could even return to training in the coming days if NRL exemption is provided.

Campbell was out of the squad for game 1 when he said he couldn't train but all good for Martin. Space cadet strikes again

A much better team for NSW imo - the difference being Latrell. And Turbo has been playing even better than he did before the last game. If Moses relaxes and doesn’t try to hard and the forwards create the space for Luai I think they have plenty of points in them.
Their forwards made a lot more metres than we did in Game 1 (or it felt like it) so we need our pack to really lift this game. It felt like Carrigan and Cotter were the only ones going forward once Tino went off. I wish Horse was on the bench instead of Mofo, but he’s been playing good so I suppose we will see. Nanai also sucks, he is ok near the line but coming out of trouble is nothing compared to Gilbert/Cotter

Basically them adding Latrell and us adding Coates is what scares me. They massively upgraded and we massively downgraded.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.