OFFICIAL 2024 draw

FREE TO AIR (Channel 9) in Blue
HOME in Green

PREMIERSHIP
Round 1: Roosters - Sun, Mar 3. 2:30PM. Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas
Round 2: Rabbitohs - Thurs, Mar 14. 7PM.
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 3: Panthers - Thurs, Mar 21. 7PM. BlueBet Stadium, Penrith
Round 4: Cowboys - Fri, Mar 29. 7.05PM.
Round 5: Storm - Thurs, Apr 4. 7PM. AAMI Park, Melbourne
Round 6: Dolphins - Fri, Apr 12. 8PM.
Round 7: Raiders - Sat, Apr 20. 7:35PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 8: Tigers - Sat, Apr 27. 5:30pm. Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Sydney
Round 9: Roosters - Fri, May 3. 8PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 10: Eels - Fri, May 10. 8PM. CommBank Stadium, Sydney
Round 11: Sea Eagles - Friday, May 17. 8PM.
Round 12: Titans - Sunday, May 26. 2PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 13: BYE
STATE OF ORIGIN 1: Wed, Jun 5. 8:05PM. Accor Stadium, Sydney
Round 14: Sharks - Sat, Jun 8. 7:35PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 15: Rabbitohs - Fri, Jun 14. 8PM. Accor Stadium, Sydney
Round 16: BYE
STATE OF ORIGIN 2: Wed, Jun 26. 8:10PM. Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
Round 17: Warriors - Sat, Jun 29. 3PM. Go Media Stadium, Auckland
Round 18: Panthers -Fri, July 5, 8PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 19: Dragons - Sat, July 13. 7:35PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
STATE OF ORIGIN 3: Wed, July 17. 8:10PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 20: Knights - Sat, July 20. 5:30PM. McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle
Round 21: Bulldogs - Sat, July 27. 3PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 22: Titans - Sat, Aug 3. 3PM. Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast
Round 23: Cowboys - Sat, Aug 10. 5:30PM. Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville
Round 24: BYE
Round 25: Eels - Fri, Aug 23. 8PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 26: Dolphins - Sat, Aug 31. 5:30PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Round 27:Storm - Thurs, Sep 5. 7:50PM. Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

1ScreenF xf4NPbUAAzvxB
2ScreenF xf4NPbkAALF3b
3ScreenF xf4NQa4AAsRrU
4ScreenF xf4NOasAAdgVt

Don’t see how Mozer did anything wrong, he defended well and gave nice crisp service. When you make an error every 2 tackles that’s the best a hooker of his style can do. He couldn’t control, manipulate the ruck or tempo of the game. He did the right thing and gave quick ball to the forwards or first receivers and they usually cocked it up from there.
I think there's so much talent and ability there but I do worry that he constantly looks like he is trying to outsmart the room all the time. A lot of passes or plays go pear shaped because his team mates weren't ready or expecting it.
It could go 1 of 2 ways at first in 1st grade. If he connects on the wavelength of Walsh, carrigan and mam WATCH OUT, but if he doesn't he will look very very poor to start with. Think he needs to just keep it simple for a season in qld cup, then for a couple seasons at nrl level before he let's rip with his vision.

Yeah I would say a solid game. No real errors but still not seeing the hype. I've never seen him dominate 19s or anything really. Can he throw a bullet pass?
Hard to hype you up when you’ve probably watched him 3 times and in all 3 the team he has been on doesn’t want to hold the ball. He has a good long pass on him yes, don’t see why he’d be wanting to pass it past the forwards anyway the outside backs were majoritvely piss poor. At the end of the day it is his job to recognise that stuff us as well.

Wynnum came to play and we were rusty, it’s what trials are for. Shit happens. Mozer did nothing to cop any flack whatsoever and I think it’s just ludicrous anyone who even remotely understands his game style would expect more in a game like that. Not his job to go around and help his teammates hold the ball so he can look good for BroncosHQ.

Think it is tough for Mozer to do much when his team constantly is dropping the ball and he is playing with a team that has never played a game together before. Continuity is so important, especially for a young hooker. He did all he could today, defending well and giving great service that got his team rolling forward well.

That was the performance from Black that he showed in the Meninga finals first 20 minutes last season the great ball for Inness and the kick and then his own try down the short side- he did the same thing today but couldn't get through and kicked it. He reminds me of Hunt when he runs close to the line- same dumpty little runs.

I think he showed today he could move up to Cup hopefully by the end of the year.

I said last year I thought his 50 minutes in the Meninga Final, Alf final and City was a bit flat but it was the end of Year 12 and a long season, but he showed today he's got plenty of confidence going into the season.

Hard to hype you up when you’ve probably watched him 3 times and in all 3 the team he has been on doesn’t want to hold the ball. He has a good long pass on him yes, don’t see why he’d be wanting to pass it past the forwards anyway the outside backs were majoritvely piss poor. At the end of the day it is his job to recognise that stuff us as well.

Wynnum came to play and we were rusty, it’s what trials are for. Shit happens. Mozer did nothing to cop any flack whatsoever and I think it’s just ludicrous anyone who even remotely understands his game style would expect more in a game like that. Not his job to go around and help his teammates hold the ball so he can look good for BroncosHQ.
He's also not an explosive hooker that runs and breaks the line, so he's not necessarily going to be pulling out highlight plays.

I think he starts to shine when he builds combination and understanding with his team mates.

Rep games he gets like a week to train with the team and even in games like this there were t&t players, reserves from different feeders, etc.

For Souths Logan he was one of their key points of attack at times and that increased as the season went on.

I think if he gets into first grade or trains with the first grade team consistently then he would form combinations quite quickly.

He's probably someone that elevates the quality that he's around.

If the quality is starting at shit then he cant really elevate it that much, but if you put him around Ezra, Walsh, Patty, Haas, etc.... even a guy like Kobe who gets quick ptbs... then I think that's when we'll see him really start to shine... and the longer he plays with them and understands them then I think that's when it's really playing into his strengths

I think there's so much talent and ability there but I do worry that he constantly looks like he is trying to outsmart the room all the time. A lot of passes or plays go pear shaped because his team mates weren't ready or expecting it.
It could go 1 of 2 ways at first in 1st grade. If he connects on the wavelength of Walsh, carrigan and mam WATCH OUT, but if he doesn't he will look very very poor to start with. Think he needs to just keep it simple for a season in qld cup, then for a couple seasons at nrl level before he let's rip with his vision.
His game is literally vision and out smarting the room. He dominated cup when he played consistently last year. He has excellent service and pretty good defence so for what he lacks in punch he has to make up in being extremely smart. That is literally his game, wrong player to try and keep things simple with. To me it seems when he isn’t playing in an environment where he has cohesion, relationships and chemistry with his forward pack they don’t ever seem to be on the remotest of pages with him. But when he dumbs shit down he gets a grilling on here for not looking special enough. I implore you to watch some cup cause he is one of the smartest players you are ever going to see at his age.

Mozer runs on a very high frequency that really just doesn’t suit this 20 plus different combinations of each position, low teammate familiarity environment. He can give good service and tackle all day long that’s his platform to spring his smarts off but when shit isn’t going well and completions are down, players aren’t very advanced footy minds, your working out of your own half all game, your trying to wrestle back ascendency he will not shine, he will just do his job getting ball to the forward pack to get back on the front foot. AS HE SHOULD. Even then if you watch his marker recognition, movements out of dummy half it is all a work of art. Everything he does is for a reason and because he has identified something. Very rarely is he just going through the motions.

Not the player you want to keep things simple. He will turn into a Jake Turpin if he keeps things simple cause the only thing simple about his game is passing and tackling. His game is so advanced and so sophisticated and that’s why he is special. Not many players in the game at all are capable of doing what he does let alone since his young age.

He's also not an explosive hooker that runs and breaks the line, so he's not necessarily going to be pulling out highlight plays.

I think he starts to shine when he builds combination and understanding with his team mates.

Rep games he gets like a week to train with the team and even in games like this there were t&t players, reserves from different feeders, etc.

For Souths Logan he was one of their key points of attack at times and that increased as the season went on.

I think if he gets into first grade or trains with the first grade team consistently then he would form combinations quite quickly.

If the quality is starting at shit then he cant really elevate it that much, but if you put him around Ezra, Walsh, Patty, Haas, etc.... even a guy like Kobe who gets quick ptbs... then I think that's when we'll see him really start to shine... and the longer he plays with them and understands them then I think that's when it's really playing into his strengths
Exactly right. He works on a very different frequency to most other players.

Think it is tough for Mozer to do much when his team constantly is dropping the ball and he is playing with a team that has never played a game together before. Continuity is so important, especially for a young hooker. He did all he could today, defending well and giving great service that got his team rolling forward well.

His game is literally vision and out smarting the room. He dominated cup when he played consistently last year. He has excellent service and pretty good defence so for what he lacks in punch he has to make up in being extremely smart. That is literally his game, wrong player to try and keep things simple with. To me it seems when he isn’t playing in an environment where he has cohesion, relationships and chemistry with his forward pack they don’t ever seem to be on the remotest of pages with him. But when he dumbs shit down he gets a grilling on here for not looking special enough. I implore you to watch some cup cause he is one of the smartest players you are ever going to see at his age.

Mozer runs on a very high frequency that really just doesn’t suit this 20 plus different combinations of each position, low teammate familiarity environment. He can give good service and tackle all day long that’s his platform to spring his smarts off but when shit isn’t going well and completions are down, players aren’t very advanced footy minds, your working out of your own half all game, your trying to wrestle back ascendency he will not shine, he will just do his job getting ball to the forward pack to get back on the front foot. AS HE SHOULD. Even then if you watch his marker recognition, movements out of dummy half it is all a work of art. Everything he does is for a reason and because he has identified something. Very rarely is he just going through the motions.

Not the player you want to keep things simple. He will turn into a Jake Turpin if he keeps things simple cause the only thing simple about his game is passing and tackling. His game is so advanced and so sophisticated and that’s why he is special. Not many players in the game at all are capable of doing what he does let alone since his young age.
Really good points of view and you're all correct, more time with the first grade squad will bring this out. When's the time to get him into 14 and get cohesion started?

When we stop making grand finals.

He seems decent, but I dont think he's overtaken Smoothy yet.
I think his tackling, size, fitness and passing is at an nrl quality easily now. I think he is just as good as Smoothy but I don’t think we get value out of Mozer playing Smoothy’s role. I think Mozer off the back of our pack and our spine would be excellent. I think get him 10 cup games this year and re-evaluate. The 17 needs as much continuity as possible now.

I think his tackling, size, fitness and passing is at an nrl quality easily now. I think he is just as good as Smoothy but I don’t think we get value out of Mozer playing Smoothy’s role. I think Mozer off the back of our pack and our spine would be excellent. I think get him 10 cup games this year and re-evaluate. The 17 needs as much continuity as possible now.
I think you leave it be for now, and only bring him in to cover injuries and when we rest players once the minor premiership is wrapped up.

It's still unknown if he's the future of the Broncos, but what's definitely known is that we have a grand final team right now. I wouldn't want to mess with that unless we are forced to.

Mozer just needs to work on his timing. There were a few moments where he got out of dummy half and took it right up to the line, only to signal he was going to pass and make it easy for the defence to jam in and force the mistake.
He oozes authority, but was passing a little too high at times for my liking. I'm sure he could slot straight into the first grade side without much of a hiccup but he did nothing in that game to suggest he should displace Tyson or Billy. He'll have to wait for injury or suspension, and push his case servicing the big guns.

Same with Mariner. All told, that was a backward step for him.

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Scdeac
  • Sproj
  • lynx000
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Broncos Maestro
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.