2024 NRL General Discussion Thread

**** Dylan Edwards that fucking cat. Even if he would have got there in time you shouldn’t be rewarded for taking a dive and being a massive grub.

It's turned into a full blown joke.

When you got backrowers falling over after running into the back of a player, you won't see them hit the deck that easily again all year, even in the heat of the battle off a tough carry.

So looks like Ritchie is a fixture on 360 now, I’m out.
Unfortunately yes... although Kent just went off his head at him about this banning the kick off rubbish and very angrily said "your barred" haha

Be interesting if there's any follow through 🤔🤔

This is very interesting.

Now this is based on the speed he was already going. It's very likely in the last 10 metres or so he would have picked up speed so it looks like he would have got there even earlier.

Why doesn't the bunker have this technology? Why aren't we willing to use the technology that's out there? We don't even have high speed cameras in the in-goal.

This tech is great. Watching live I thought Edwards would have gotten a shot so I couldn't understand why so many people flew off the handle over the call. Hopefully this tech forces the live commentators to consider keeping their obstruction opinions to themselves and just calling the game, so they aren't made a fool of.

Unfortunately yes... although Kent just went off his head at him about this banning the kick off rubbish and very angrily said "your barred" haha

Be interesting if there's any follow through 🤔🤔

I just want to know which idiot in that production team went...hmmm here is a guy almost universally seen as irrelevant / useless...let's get him on, the fans will love it.

I just want to know which idiot in that production team went...whom here is a guy almost universally seen as irrelevant / useless...let's get him on, the fans will love it.
I figured it must be that he's mates with Kent... Kent backs up what he says more than anyone... that's why him getting so angry with him last night was funny.

Would be hilarious if Ritchie fucked up and broke down with the only guy that had his back

I figured it must be that he's mates with Kent... Kent backs up what he says more than anyone... that's why him getting so angry with him last night was funny.

Would be hilarious if Ritchie fucked up and broke down with the only guy that had his back

Or because the show actively pushes biased agendas on the presenters and even though the integrity pool is already shallow, they have to dive to the bottom to get people willing to be turned in to puppets.

I always thought it was amusing how we were getting a run on every 2nd show, then Ikin went to the club.

Now they only ever talk about us if it's signing related.

The NRL can **** right off if they're going to allow dog shots like May's on Walsh and simultaneously entertain the idea of banning the kick-off. Just change the name of the sport to something else. I seriously hate the state of the NRL under PVL and with Fox and Gus making idiotic noise.

The NRL can **** right off if they're going to allow dog shots like May's on Walsh and simultaneously entertain the idea of banning the kick-off. Just change the name of the sport to something else. I seriously hate the state of the NRL under PVL and with Fox and Gus making idiotic noise.

The Latrell hip was a dead response to what happened to Walsh, we all predicted it too.

I think that's been intentionally leaked to gauge the reaction from the Rugby League community and in this case it hasn't been well received.

Personally, I don't see it happening.

Lawyers and the threats of class actions are very scary .
Doesn`t matter what the fans think if compensations to brain damaged players sends your organisation broke ...
NFL paid out billions of dollars to ex players and their families . The collisions from kick offs do brain damage . The NRL know it and are now trying to limit liability for when the inevitable court case comes around .

Doesn`t matter what the fans think if compensations to brain damaged players sends your organisation broke ...
NFL paid out billions of dollars to ex players and their families . The collisions from kick offs do brain damage . The NRL know it and are now trying to limit liability for when the inevitable court case comes around .

I don't understand why this is anything to do with the NRL. How does the NRL have liability for players suffering injury? It's not a typical employer/employee arrangement. And players have played rugby league in general for a lot longer than their stint in the NRL, why would the NRL be on the hook?

I don't understand how playing contracts are set up, maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in here, but - they have a contract with their club, right? And registration via either QRL/NSWRL? Why would the NRL be liable for anything?

It just seems a stretch. I don't know how the NFL is set up or how it differs from the NRL. Can players sue the NRL for suffering an ACL? Why would long term brain injury - which may or may not have been contributed to their time in the NRL - be any different?

The American justice system is a joke. Common sense would be used under our common law. There is a reason they get paid well, the danger comes with the job. Its like a miner getting paid danger money then trying to turn around and sue his former employer if something happens that is deemed dangerous. They are reimbursed for putting their bodies on the line and no one holds a gun to their head forcing them to pay.

The American justice system is a joke. Common sense would be used under our common law. There is a reason they get paid well, the danger comes with the job. Its like a miner getting paid danger money then trying to turn around and sue his former employer if something happens that is deemed dangerous. They are reimbursed for putting their bodies on the line and no one holds a gun to their head forcing them to pay.

Landmark class action chases up to $1bn compensation for alleged long-term concussion damage to AFL players

JD surely has to be shortening in the first coach sacked odds right? It's a shame Trell will likely be suspended because I'd love to see if he has the minerals to drop or move him.

How long will souths ignore the elephant?

They can ignore him for 3 weeks if he pleads guilty

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Redux
  • Johnny92
  • Mustafur
  • Skathen
  • Broncs1459
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.