2024 NRL Injury Discussion

In this case I don't actually think so. players are valued on their seasonal contracts not their weekly pay.

It certainly gives you a good indication on how bad the injury crisis is right now.

It doesn't make sense to me.

If they're talking about this weekend alone, which is what they're talking about. Nobody is earning their full salary for this weekend, quite obviously. So why reference that figure?

It doesn't make sense to me.

If they're talking about this weekend alone, which is what they're talking about. Nobody is earning their full salary for this weekend, quite obviously. So why reference that figure?

because that's the standard of how we reference a players value in Australia (it's not like English soccer)

when was the last time you heard anyone (fan or media) talk about Cleary being a $25k a week player; or Mam being a $16.3k a week player.

and this is coming from someone who bags the media as much, if not more than anyone

According to Fox Sports, Munster could be back for the Broncos game. 🙄

According to Fox Sports, Munster could be back for the Broncos game. 🙄
Conor Mcgregor GIF by UFC

Just for once, it would be nice to go into a Storm game without them getting all the advantages before, during and after.

I don't know why everyone is so worried about the Storm. The curse is broken since finals last year. We've flipped to the other steady state, the one where we make them our pets for the next 15 years. We've got this.

I don't know why everyone is so worried about the Storm. The curse is broken since finals last year. We've flipped to the other steady state, the one where we make them our pets for the next 15 years. We've got this.

Because with Paps back, they look really good again and we have looked ordinary all year thus far.

I mean, if you lose several players, some of them among your 3 or 4 best, it isn't without reason.

I think it hurts our ability to score points but the players coming in aren't exactly muppets.

It's hardly end of season stuff, we won't get off to a good start to the season but we have the quality in our team to beat anyone and I would like to think we will stretch a few together when it counts.

I gotta be honest, after losing Walsh early last week in Penrith, I was expecting it to be a 50 point job. That's where the shift in the club has come from, we're a chance of winning tomorrow night, a real chance. A few years ago, we'd be absolutely no chance.

I think it hurts our ability to score points but the players coming in aren't exactly muppets.

It's hardly end of season stuff, we won't get off to a good start to the season but we have the quality in our team to beat anyone and I would like to think we will stretch a few together when it counts.

I gotta be honest, after losing Walsh early last week in Penrith, I was expecting it to be a 50 point job. That's where the shift in the club has come from, we're a chance of winning tomorrow night, a real chance. A few years ago, we'd be absolutely no chance.

But even so, right now, we are up against the team running first and the only ones unbeaten and our bogey side at their home with their cavalry returning in the next two rounds - totally understandable that fans are pessimistic these next two weeks.

But even so, right now, we are up against the team running first and the only ones unbeaten and our bogey side at their home with their cavalry returning in the next two rounds - totally understandable that fans are pessimistic these next two weeks.

If we played the same teams as the Cowboys, we'd be sitting in first, even with our injuries.

The Storm also just lost to the Knights ... And got out of jail against the Warriors (who haven't been in the best form) in the final second ... They're not going crash hit themselves.

I think Sailor will be capable of turning in a few high quality games before oppositions work him out. By that time Walsh will be back so I’m expecting us to win on Friday.

I saw an article flash up on facebook that Arrow's injury may be worse than first thought. Can't find it now though. Stupid Zuckerberg

I saw an article flash up on facebook that Arrow's injury may be worse than first thought. Can't find it now though. Stupid Zuckerberg

It was a clickbait article. Made it sound like he was out for the season but when you click the article it says he may be out for the season. They are delaying surgery on the shoulder and hoping to rehab it so he can play again this year, but there's no guarantees. Pretty much what was said from the start.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • broncoscope
  • Waynesaurus
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Midean
  • sooticus
  • Big Del
  • Mister Wright
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Socnorb
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bucking Beads
  • Old Mate
  • Tmac
  • Fatboy
  • simplythebest
  • Lozza
  • achievedrap
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.