2024 NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Far out, that's massive. I thought he'd be a Panthers lifer. That'll bring Penrith back to the pack and keep the Warriors getting stronger.

Thats if SJ can keep up his current form. He has been brilliant but patchy throughout his career. Nowhere near as consistent as Reyno.

What's interesting is that the Panthers agreed to release him with 2 years to run on his contract
guessing they need that money elsewhere.

good signing for the warriors.

I think the dragons need to cop the difference or dont release him till he finds a equitable contract that they are happy with what they are kicking in,need to own these shit contracts like us and some other clubs have had too

With manlys predicament with schuster they should cop the difference on wherever he ends up too

Manly had get out clauses in the Schuster contract .
KPIs that he had to meet . Well guess what ? He didn`t / isn`t meeting them so still under his original contract . And not the 800K a year the media keeps harping on about .

One has to wonder though, how are NZ going to be able to keep this team together moving forward. We and Penrith are haemorrhaging players and apparently can't afford to keep what we have, NZ have a really strong side and have added RTS + Capewell. Obviously you'd think AFB would cover JFH but even so, some of these blokes are due for a pay rise.

Riff losing Luai and JFH next year with Yeo etc getting older. Their reign of terror may finally be coming to an end folks

I wouldn't count on that.

They have the best development system in the game and do a good job at replacing star players and still maintaining that high level of performances. As long as they have Cleary in the side, they will be in the mix.

I wouldn't count on that.

They have the best development system in the game and do a good job at replacing star players and still maintaining that high level of performances. As long as they have Cleary in the side, they will be in the mix.
Yeah they do have the best system, easily. But replacing JFH is gonna be one of their harder players to replace. They seem to have an endless supply of youngsters they can put in the backline to do a role, but much harder putting a kid into the front row. Hope we can extend Willison.

Did we...just sign ANOTHER Cowsboy player..?

I'm having a mental blank, but I can only think of one Cowboys player that we've signed in the last few years ... And he is working out pretty well for us.

I'm not even sure if the Gosiewski rumour is official or just a rumour

One has to wonder though, how are NZ going to be able to keep this team together moving forward. We and Penrith are haemorrhaging players and apparently can't afford to keep what we have, NZ have a really strong side and have added RTS + Capewell. Obviously you'd think AFB would cover JFH but even so, some of these blokes are due for a pay rise.
Maybe going home on unders? He doesn't really have anything else to prove so moving back to NZ and possibly win another premiership with them would be appealing I guess.

What I don't get is releasing him with 2yrs to go on his contract. Credit to the panthers for doing that, he owes them nothing, but I wonder what they have coming through that makes them willing to do it.

Manly had get out clauses in the Schuster contract .
KPIs that he had to meet . Well guess what ? He didn`t / isn`t meeting them so still under his original contract . And not the 800K a year the media keeps harping on about .
Wasnt the KPIs under a cloud due to illness after xmas? Up untill that point he had met them.

“Post Christmas, he’s had sickness, a calf injury, a broken hand and now it’s a bit murky because of those injuries, does it mitigate where those clauses are at?”

still think manly should cop the difference imo

Maybe going home on unders? He doesn't really have anything else to prove so moving back to NZ and possibly win another premiership with them would be appealing I guess.

What I don't get is releasing him with 2yrs to go on his contract. Credit to the panthers for doing that, he owes them nothing, but I wonder what they have coming through that makes them willing to do it.
I think they rate Liam Henry highly so potentially looking to get JFH off the books so they can lock Henry in??

Not sure if true but heard his parent(s) are ill/sick or declining health so he wants to be closer to them and i guess after 3 premierships and possibly 4, he has earnt his request to move.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Justwin
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brotherdu
  • Fozz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Johnny92
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fitzy
  • armchair
  • mystico
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • ivanhungryjak
  • kiwi2
  • Broncorob
  • Skathen
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.