2024 NRL Player Movements & Rumours

That seems like an easy choice then.

They also have Liam Henry and Lindsay Smith both signed until 26 and Leota is there until 27.

Cup has started the year with 5/5 and top of the table too. Riley Price is there and I rated him at the Blackhawks.

Reports they are looking at Utoikamanu. But off contract there is Lodge and Brown
Are we still paying for lodge? Hopefully not. I remember we tried to pay it off earlier caps but we had to spread it over multiple caps that reflected his stupid contract that we agreed to give him.

I mean, we have 1 good year out of 10 and we have to shed 4 of our starting 17. Penrith have won three out of 4 grand finals and never lost more than 2 (maybe three) players per season...
They won in 21 then lost Burton, Capewell, Momirovski, and May from their GF team as well as back depth in Brent Naden
They won in 22 then lost Kikau and Api who were huge outs being amongst the top in their position as well as Staines who also played the GF. They lost depth with O'Sullivan and Hopgood
They won in 23 and lost Chrichton, Leniu, Cogger, Hosking and Salmon.
Now throw in JFH and Luai...

Yes we lost Flegler and Herbie after our 1 good year but that was bad timing of the Dolphins entering the comp with money to burn, we keep at least one of them if Dolpihns aren't around. We let Capewell go willingly and Palasia is the kind of depth player clubs lose all the time when offered a starting role somewhere else.

They also have Liam Henry and Lindsay Smith both signed until 26 and Leota is there until 27.

Cup has started the year with 5/5 and top of the table too. Riley Price is there and I rated him at the Blackhawks.
I still think they will buy, they are losing Luai and it's not like they are replacing him with a player as expensive, so they will have the leeway to buy someone.

Very good opportunity for Schneider if he plays his cards right.

I still think they will buy, they are losing Luai and it's not like they are replacing him with a player as expensive, so they will have the leeway to buy someone.

They also have that highly rated kid too. The reality is, Luai will get found out at the Tigers and anyone who is paired with Cleary is going to look amazing, if you were a young, fringe playmaker with talent, you'd be clamouring to go to Penrith.

Speaking of the Panthers, they are reportedly also in a fight to retain Sunia Turuva. The Dragons have some cash to spend after releasing Lomax.

They are reportedly prepared to offer Turuva more money than the Panthers and his preferred position (fullback)

Turuva would be fantastic for the Dragons in their final year or two with Hunt. He has looked fantastic every time he has played at fullback. Plus for all Sloan's speed and potential, he just has so much dumb in him.

Panthers props are a bit different to props for other teams.

JFH and Leota aren't really there for attacking impact or even hitup workload... although I think Leota provides more than JFH anyway... so I don't think they'll be looking for a like for like top tier replacement at prop. They might look for a more senior player that can come in and do a role... the call of Brown is a good shout if he's off contract.

It would give them a few years until Henry and Smith get the games under their belt and then the development train chugs along.

I've seen elsewhere that with Mavrik Geyer in the lower grades they could look to move Liam Martin to the middle and Geyer to the edge... so I don't think middle forward is where they'll splash the cash.

2nd row might be more on the radar for them... Garner, Martin and Sorensen as their first choices... some upgrades could be picked up there.

They've also got Luai to replace at 6 so that could be an area they look to upgrade there instead of middle forwards.

Jones will have a plan; I don't doubt it at all. He's the best. He loves recruiting from the country areas.

It will be interesting to see actually what the Roosters do next year. They are starting to look really thin in the backline. Their forward pack will continue to be strong and they have some good forwards behind these guys coming through but in the backline they have some huge holes to fill in Manu, Suaalii and Tupou if he retires. Then you have Keary who is starting to look well past it too. Now of course they aren't above helping players to agitate for a release but as it stands, there isn't much available for next year. Tedesco also is showing signs of age again, so some real concerns for them.

They'd be looking at something like:

1. Tedesco
2. Young
3. Smith
4. Gagai/Smith/Iro??
5. Turuva/Cotric/Schiller/Karapani??
6. Keary?
7. Walker

All I can say to other clubs is, watch your backs.

Talk is the panthers are looking at Utoikamanu and I seen some whispers about maybe Regan Campbell-Gillard.

Talk is the panthers are looking at Utoikamanu and I seen some whispers about maybe Regan Campbell-Gillard.
RCG is still under contract from what I know, Parra would be mad to let him go early.

It will be interesting to see actually what the Roosters do next year. They are starting to look really thin in the backline. Their forward pack will continue to be strong and they have some good forwards behind these guys coming through but in the backline they have some huge holes to fill in Manu, Suaalii and Tupou if he retires. Then you have Keary who is starting to look well past it too. Now of course they aren't above helping players to agitate for a release but as it stands, there isn't much available for next year. Tedesco also is showing signs of age again, so some real concerns for them.

They'd be looking at something like:

1. Tedesco
2. Young
3. Smith
4. Gagai/Smith/Iro??
5. Turuva/Cotric/Schiller/Karapani??
6. Keary?
7. Walker

All I can say to other clubs is, watch your backs.
The union guy coming next year to the roosters right? Mark nawaqanitawase

Active Now

• maddo
  • Alec
  • Ondi
  • BRC088
  • broncsgoat
  • Kev_Guz
  • Fitzy
  • Johnny92
  • Big Del
  • Bish
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Santa
  • Hurrijo
  • mystico
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • HarryAllan7
  • teampjta
  • RolledOates
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.