2024 NRL Player Movements & Rumours

It just annoys me that the Roosters salary cap narrative is they lose 4 players and have $4 million in cap space yet we lose Flegler, Farnworth, Capewell and Palassia and have a salary cap squeeze.

Remember the Roosters signed Young and Lienu on big deals last year.

Apparently there are a heap of player options in his contract so maybe not too long. The NRL website says his player options runs from 2027-2033.
Does that mean he has a 'get out' clause every year from 2027 -2033 and can leave anytime he wants during that period?

It just annoys me that the Roosters salary cap narrative is they lose 4 players and have $4 million in cap space yet we lose Flegler, Farnworth, Capewell and Palassia and have a salary cap squeeze.

And have extended all their young kids plus have Walker to extend.

But you know, Robinson has the French Connection which is apparently mind blowing for dumb football players - so fits Fifita well.

On a different note, I would guess the Panthers will now chase Utoikamanu given they should chase Crichton but you know, he'll stay with the Roosters on minimum wage.

And have extended all their young kids plus have Walker to extend.

But you know, Robinson has the French Connection which is apparently mind blowing for dumb football players - so fits Fifita well.

On a different note, I would guess the Panthers will now chase Utoikamanu given they should chase Crichton but you know, he'll stay with the Roosters on minimum wage.

It is crazy plus there's no way people take heaps less to go live in Sydney. It is just too expensive to do that.

Our contract upgrades would have eaten up a lot of those players. Palasia, Farnworth were on decent but not huge money, plus add in Capewell and Fleglers money, it would have been eaten up on contract upgrades. Mam, Carrigan, Haas, Piakura, Walters and Riki all got improved deals in the last 12 months, and i reckon apart from Walters and possibly Riki, they were all fairly hefty upgrades.

Still makes no sense to me, the team is worse and he would be assured his best side of the edge, even if Penrith was the slightly less option it still be the clear best option.

Maybe Dave is a real estate entrepeneur ?
Buy in the eastern suburbs . Live there 4 years and sell . Pick up an extra Mil in real estate speculation . Doubt you could do that out west .

Our contract upgrades would have eaten up a lot of those players. Palasia, Farnworth were on decent but not huge money, plus add in Capewell and Fleglers money, it would have been eaten up on contract upgrades. Mam, Carrigan, Haas, Piakura, Walters and Riki all got improved deals in the last 12 months, and i reckon apart from Walters and possibly Riki, they were all fairly hefty upgrades.
Don't the Roosters have contract upgrades that would be eating up their salary cap also?

The Roosters dont have 4 million to spend. Thats just media bullshit. They have upgraded quite a few players themselves. If the Roosters had 4 million to spend, then they would be actively enticing players out of their contracts already and would have signed Lomax when he became available from the dragons. They would be targeting every major player hitting the market with a serious offer.

Not to mention the Broncos are setting money aside for Reece Walsh and his salary will double if not triple.

Terrell May (2026), Billy Smith (2027), Naufahu Whyte (2026), Sitili Tupouniua (2027), Nat Butcher (2027), Sandon Smith (2026), Siua Wong (2026), Connor Watson (2025)

With David Fifita and Mark Nawaqanitawase coming in.

The only significant upgrade I can see is May and it's not like he'd be on top dollar. So they have money to spend and will likely have more when they begin phasing out Tedesco.

Terrell May (2026), Billy Smith (2027), Naufahu Whyte (2026), Sitili Tupouniua (2027), Nat Butcher (2027), Sandon Smith (2026), Siua Wong (2026), Connor Watson (2025)

With David Fifita and Mark Nawaqanitawase coming in.

The only significant upgrade I can see is May and it's not like he'd be on top dollar. So they have money to spend and will likely have more when they begin phasing out Tedesco.

Walker will get a big upgrade too though and none of Collins, B.Smith, Young, Radley or Crichton (if he stays) will be on small money.

It is understandable they have money but Walker will get a similar upgrade to Walsh (not as much but still significant).

I wonder they might also chase Utoikamanu. Any other big names with dumb clauses around?

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Griffo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.