2024 NRL Player Movements & Rumours

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
It sounded like the roosters pulled the offer rather than the other way round?

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
I heard the real reason he turned them down at the last minute was he realised he was really shit at golf and when they kept saying to him ' you'll be expected to play a few rounds of golf with uncle Nick each month" - he kept thinking 'oh oh I'll be the laughing stock here' and pulled the pin.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I heard the real reason he turned them down at the last minute was he realised he was really shit at golf and when they kept saying to him ' you'll be expected to play a few rounds of golf with uncle Nick each month" - he kept thinking 'oh oh I'll be the laughing stock here' and pulled the pin.

And that would be…wait for it…uncomfortable

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

I guess he also wasn't impressed with Robbo speaking French with his wife. He probably thought he was speaking in tongues.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Didn't they make a rule that you can't announce a signing until the 10 day cooling off period is over?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Didn't they make a rule that you can't announce a signing until the 10 day cooling off period is over?

It was never officially announced by the Roosters from what I can see.

The 10 day cooling off period can also be waived if both parties elect to do so.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Sounds more to me like Fifita's management expressed some doubts, maybe trying to get the rorters to stump up more cash and they just pulled the offer.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 13, 2017
Dude !
Hard to make the team if your ACL has busted for the 3rd time .Shredded it last year . He`s due back in 6 weeks . The Tigers offered him 150 K for next season .
Token offer there is no where he fits in the tigers side even with a functioning acl and outside of injuries and benji going full diminished capacity he doesn't crack the side imo.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
I love how the Titans basically just accepted him back no questions asked. As for Fifita he has basically made himself a pretty bad enemy in Politis. He wont forget this

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • Mustafur
  • broncoscope
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • Clintos
  • Redux
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.