2024 pre-season discussion: Pre-season Premiers

Knights in top 3 is a pretty wild prediction. I actually think they overachieved this year
They lose a few tries with young leaving, but their spine of Ponga, Hastings and Gamble is pretty decent. They really started off bad this year, I think they'll learn there lessons from that.

Lol the Roosters one.

Uncle Nick is upset

It’s not even 2024 but the next Anzac clash between the Roosters and Dragons is set to be fiery after Sydney boss Nick Politis slammed a pair of St George Illawarra stars.

Teams around the NRL came up with creative ways of releasing their draws and the Dragons decided to play charades.

Dragons veteran Jack Bird was paired with newcomer Kyle Flanagan to cover their round 18 clash with the Roosters.

After miming handing a bag, followed by making it rain, Flanagan guessed “brown paper bags — Roosters” as the pair burst into laughter.

Weeping Season 1 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Dragons and Raiders squads look horrendous this year.
Flanno will have the merge on the 'horse meat'soon enough, all seriousness im picking them for my smokie for the 8 griffin and mary softest ***** going around im expecting a brutal offseason for the dragons and a harder edge if they fo lose its not because they beat themselves like this year

Flanno will have the merge on the 'horse meat'soon enough, all seriousness im picking them for my smokie for the 8 griffin and mary softest ***** going around im expecting a brutal offseason for the dragons and a harder edge if they fo lose its not because they beat themselves like this year
Yeah I think coaching could get them a few more wins than tigers.

If Flanno was coach of tigers he'd have them well above drags

I was certain we'd improve after '22 but I've got no idea about next year. It's likely we'll have more injuries, we're losing Herbie, Flegs and Palasia plus Reynolds is a year older. I'm actually expecting Mariner and Mozer to have great first seasons and a shift for Cobbo to left centre. With Jensen, Baker and possibly Willison coming into the team we get some workhorse, grind style forwards which might change our play style slightly.

Combine this with other teams improving, I reckon we'll finish around 4th.

Are you tipping Mozer to take the no.14 in 2024....?

I got bored and made a tier list for 2024. Knights was a tough one, but I think if they don't go with the Ponga experiment at 6 again they should get some more wins in 2024. Warriors might drop off a bit, Bulldogs have some new players to help get a few more wins, Raiders without Wighton might struggle initially, and Cowboys will still suck. I probably should have put the Dolphins higher (but it kinda depends how Souths and the Roosters go).

Feel free to make your own: https://tiermaker.com/create/nrl-ladder-2023-1414774

View attachment 25158
Lol Santa you made a mistake and put other teams on the same tier as us

I was certain we'd improve after '22 but I've got no idea about next year. It's likely we'll have more injuries, we're losing Herbie, Flegs and Palasia plus Reynolds is a year older. I'm actually expecting Mariner and Mozer to have great first seasons and a shift for Cobbo to left centre. With Jensen, Baker and possibly Willison coming into the team we get some workhorse, grind style forwards which might change our play style slightly.

Combine this with other teams improving, I reckon we'll finish around 4th.
It’s easy to forget that it was Walsh’s first season at the club. Im hoping with Walsh, Mam, Reyno and walters getting another full season together they are only going to improve.

I just think the most challenging aspect of next year is the mental side of it, getting them up for another big run again. Hopefully they all stay hungry and don’t get complacent.

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Piakura work his way into the starting side towards the end of the year

Are you tipping Mozer to take the no.14 in 2024....?
I'm not. Kev has already shown in the past his willingness to let players fully develop before calling them up. With a hooking rotation of Walters and Smoothy working so well this year, there is no big pressure to put Mozer into the deep end until his ready and I think Kev will want him to play a full season of Q Cup next year to prepare him for a long term NRL career.

I'm not. Kev has already shown in the past his willingness to let players fully develop before calling them up. With a hooking rotation of Walters and Smoothy working so well this year, there is no big pressure to put Mozer into the deep end until his ready and I think Kev will want him to play a full season of Q Cup next year to prepare him for a long term NRL career.

Agree....I think unless Smoothy shits the bed, the no.14 is his to lose.

It will be interesting to see how Mozer goes in 2024. I don't believe he is setting the world on fire just yet and for mine, the jury is still out regarding his future.

Agree....I think unless Smoothy shits the bed, the no.14 is his to lose.

It will be interesting to see how Mozer goes in 2024. I don't believe he is setting the world on fire just yet and for mine, the jury is still out regarding his future.
They need to put Paix and Mozer in different Qcup sides next year. At least until Paix inevitably leaves the club

They need to put Paix and Mozer in different Qcup sides next year. At least until Paix inevitably leaves the club
I will be shocked if Paix is still with the club come round 1

Time playing it didn't matter a great deal, but I think it did impact on Souths and their style.

Hunt always plays two hookers with Eggerling even if Paix isn't there. Paix being there only cost Mozer about 14 minutes.

Mozer's average for six games together was 39 minutes and apart average was 53 without him in the 12 games.

Mozer averaged 49 minutes across the season from 18 games.

I think they had an impact on each other with playing style/Souths, but I don't think time really matters. Hunt always gave Paix the first 40 and Mozer the second 40.

Mozer and Eggerling complemented each other better than Mozer and Paix.

I will be shocked if Paix is still with the club come round 1
Is there any chance he trys to back himself? (at least for next year because he is signed till 25)

I think he’s definitely more likely to leave but he also does seem like that sort of guy to try and back himself. Especially if he’s a bit reluctant to move to Sydney and if he’s not getting much better offers elsewhere, maybe he bides his time a bit?

Active Now

• Lurker
  • mieko
  • TimWhatley
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • Old Mate
  • Porthoz
  • broncos4life
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.