2024 pre-season discussion: Pre-season Premiers

I think we have enough depth in the outside backs. I wouldn’t mind a sneaky call to Coen Hess’ manager. He is currently available for 2025, can play back row or middle. The cowboys have to re-sign almost their whole squad, including some young talented forwards. And Hess has never really reached his potential. I think he could really benefit from a fresh start.

As a pure depth option, Hess is a good shout but I wouldn’t want to pay him any more than minimum wage and not sure he’d move for that.

I think we have enough depth in the outside backs. I wouldn’t mind a sneaky call to Coen Hess’ manager. He is currently available for 2025, can play back row or middle. The cowboys have to re-sign almost their whole squad, including some young talented forwards. And Hess has never really reached his potential. I think he could really benefit from a fresh start.
Not sure a cowboy would entertain coming to the Broncos at this point.

The hatred and rivalry might be getting too much at this point

Corey Jensen? Tumbledore Dreadnaught?
Cowboys didn't even want him so he must hate them as much as a Broncos fan... hence he was always a pure bronco at heart

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Biggest question of the pre season for us will be if Cobbo makes the move to left centre or not.

Imo it should happen, he is similar to Herbie in body type but he has the left hand carry which is what you want for left sided outside backs given his right hand fend has proven lethal when he can use it, and he will use it way more being on the left.

Though I can understand kevvie not wanting to do it given he is one of the best right wingers in the game, he is stupidly fast for his massive body and seems to score nearly every time when given ball at speed, but overall I think that is short term thinking, Cobbo will be better long term on the left as a centre imo for both him and the Broncos.

Not sure a cowboy would entertain coming to the Broncos at this point.

The hatred and rivalry might be getting too much at this point
I could see it, because we are the premium QLD team, in Sydney terms it would be like Cowboys being Parra and us being Roosters.

But we obviously have the advantage being in SEQ which is 10 times better than living in the shit hole known as Townsville.

Hess is a good call imo. He's shown he can play 80mins, or he can do the impact plays off the bench. He's pretty versatile and I think in a better system we could get him back to his best. He's still only 27 so a few good years in his prime left, plus he's a Bundy boy so home is a lot closer from Brissy than Townsville.

I respectfully disagree with this thought as to me, he’s a total fuckwit who would thrive at the shit clubs but not in our system. We had to endure a lot with mercenaries we had and I can’t fathom looking at him in our colors.

What makes you say he's a **** wit and a mercenary? He doesn't play dirty and hasn't held out for the highest bidder that I am aware of?
What has he done to raise your ire ?

Seems like sitili and Wong are the future for them, along with the butcher brothers

I have no idea what sort of personality Hess is but I don’t consider him a mercenary. He’s only on a modest contract at the Cowboys and I read they are likely to only offer a reduced contract extension.

Given he’s 27, and played approximately 175 games, I think he’s a good mix of age and experience. Versatile. And I actually think he would improve in our system under a fresh start.

Given the Cowboys need to upgrade and re-sign Luki and Finefeuiaki, I think there’s a chance they’d release Hess for 2024.

Imagine the intercepts Cobbo will pull off at centre. The hard part will be getting him to not attempt it every time
Yes, he gets it, runs the length of the field and scores. Or, they get 6 again close to the line. Or they score untouched.

What makes you say he's a **** wit and a mercenary? He doesn't play dirty and hasn't held out for the highest bidder that I am aware of?
What has he done to raise your ire ?
It’s just that I don’t see him as someone who would fit in to our structures. Perhaps, I’m struggling to explain myself here but to me(I could very well be in the minority), he seems someone who wants everything to go his way if not, would play grubby and become a mercenary which, I do not like.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.