2024 pre-season discussion: Pre-season Premiers

He reckoned he didn`t like playing Rugba League and only did it because his parents made him do it and it`s what Pacific Islanders do .

Fck him ...
Plenty of people wouldn’t be doing their jobs if they didn’t have too and are still good at it.

I don’t really care what the motivation is, as long as they bring value.

Some of our players are really close with TPJ and I trust Kev and Donuts to make a judgement call on a cost/benefit of signing him. If they were to sign him it would mean they believe he’s worth it.

Purely from an onfield perspective, he would be exactly what we need on the bench. Aggressive/intimidating, can play middle or edge.

You've posted a fair bit of crap there, to be perfectly honest. It was Kev's fault that Patty got into a position that so many other players have found themselves in? What do you reckon, he should have just let the bloke go on his merry way towards our line?

You're still going on about Billy, the less you say about Billy the better off is going to be for you, at this point. You had your turn, he/they proved you wrong. Coach and player, father and son.
I didn't say Kevvie, I said "coaching failure." But yes, the buck stops with him. We lost Carrigan for four games because he apparently didn't understand the hip drop rule the NRL had been explaining to the club for weeks. Maybe you can blame the NRL, maybe you can blame Carrigan, but at the end of the season we were all questioning the coaching.

Perhaps revisit the end of last season, refresh your mind:

If the buck stops with Kev, I'd like to have a chat to him about the price of food at Suncorp on game days. Also I've never won the doubles, I assume that's his fault too.

Actually, I've got a pretty long list here. Does he make appointments or should i just send him an email, do you think?

To be fair you would be hard pressed at the time to find anyone that understood the hip drop tackle even within those that run the game
True, but clubs were given guidelines and were told the refs would be cracking down on them. Patty is a smart bloke. Someone failed him.

True, but clubs were given guidelines and were told the refs would be cracking down on them. Patty is a smart bloke. Someone failed him.

It's like Wayne Bennett always says, inside every man are two wolves, one wolf who listens at team meetings and takes careful note of the mid-season refereeing changes, and another wolf that just wants to hip-drop a motherfucker and wreck their knee.

And the third wolf that sits in the corner and blames Kev, of course.

It's like Wayne Bennett always says, inside every man are two wolves, one wolf who listens at team meetings and takes careful note of the mid-season refereeing changes, and another wolf that just wants to hip-drop a motherfucker and wreck their knee.

And the third wolf that sits in the corner and blames Kev, of course.

Obviously Flegler was thinking with his little wolf when Bennett came knocking.

Dude ...
He has said he doesn`t enjoy the game .

Then there is his association with the Mongols bikie club ...

What more do you need to know ?

Lets see what happens. Would take a 180 degree attitude adjustment if were to even be considered. Hes at the age where hes capable of that - providing there are brain cells left.

Lets see what happens. Would take a 180 degree attitude adjustment if were to even be considered. Hes at the age where hes capable of that - providing there are brain cells left.
There were no brain cells for TPJ to begin with. Never seen a more bigger dumb **** in my life.

I wouldn't even take him back if he said he was playing for free. Don't underestimate just how much of a tool this guy is and a disruption to any team.
That one game where he played really well and won a game for such and such club cant be overwritten by the general toxic nature he has contributed to teams his whole career. You watch, this year the dogs will be so much better because he isnt at that club anymore.

There were no brain cells for TPJ to begin with. Never seen a more bigger dumb **** in my life.

I wouldn't even take him back if he said he was playing for free. Don't underestimate just how much of a tool this guy is and a disruption to any team.
That one game where he played really well and won a game for such and such club cant be overwritten by the general toxic nature he has contributed to teams his whole career. You watch, this year the dogs will be so much better because he isnt at that club anymore.
Biggest waste of talent since Dave Taylor.

ScreenScreenshot 2024 01 11 at 10 29 24 Dream come true Broncos set for meeting with NFL roy

Walsh:

"It’ll be a dream come true. He’s the GOAT, he’s been an idol of mine since I was a little boy. It’s pretty surreal actually. I was born the year (2002) he won his first Super Bowl with the Pats. For me, just watching how he’s handled himself while being so successful and dealing with all the fame, is something I think I can learn a lot from. I’m still so young and learning from someone like him, he’s got so much respect off the field, and that’s important to me. What I love most about him is how much he loves his kids. He’s just Dad and that’s what I’ve tried to be to my little girl – she’s why I do everything."​

“If I can be half the athlete and role model that he’s been, then I’ll be pretty proud. This is why I love my club. We’re building something pretty cool here at the Broncos, and this is the type of inspiration that will stick with us all season I reckon, especially after last season. We’re so hungry.”​

Haas:

“It’s unreal, I can’t believe he’s coming to Brisbane, it’s a once-in-a-lifetime thing but hopefully this is just the start. I’ve always followed the NFL pretty closely, and what he’s achieved in his career is next level. It’s the kind of success that we’d love to have here as a group. I think we’ll all be a little star struck. Hopefully he’ll be able to get to the game in Vegas, we’d love to have him on the bench with us.”​

Kevvie:

“Tom Brady and the Broncos – it doesn’t get much better than that, and we’re excited to be welcoming him to our city. It’s a brilliant opportunity for our squad to hear from one of the world’s greatest athletes, particularly as we prepare to take off to the USA. He knows how to win and it’s not every day someone of his calibre lands on your doorstep for this experience. We’re looking forward to hearing about what has gone into his preparation, performance, success and mindset over many years, ahead of another big season for us.”​

Dude ...
He has said he doesn`t enjoy the game .

Then there is his association with the Mongols bikie club ...

What more do you need to know ?
You don't need to enjoy something to be good at it.

Outside of him getting a haircut, what exactly is his association with the bikie club? Is he a patched member?

Haas has more distractions off the field.

You don't need to enjoy something to be good at it.

Outside of him getting a haircut, what exactly is his association with the bikie club? Is he a patched member?

Haas has more distractions off the field.
This came after his flop selection for NSW. We don't need this circus:

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.