Q-CUP 2024 Queensland Cup Discussion

I actually prefer the lack of commentary and the coverage in general. Just focus on the football, let me watch it and my inner monologue can do the rest.

At worst you have to have a team-list handy to know who is doing what.

I actually prefer the lack of commentary and the coverage in general. Just focus on the football, let me watch it and my inner monologue can do the rest.

At worst you have to have a team-list handy to know who is doing what.
I still barely get a chance to watch this, but I want to know if they are following the NRL's lead on 6-agains and what appears to be game management that results in one team getting a roll on and the game quickly becoming imbalanced, OR if it is still good old Rugby League where it is an arm wrestle and any team can win on the day if they come to play?

I still barely get a chance to watch this, but I want to know if they are following the NRL's lead on 6-agains and what appears to be game management that results in one team getting a roll on and the game quickly becoming imbalanced, OR if it is still good old Rugby League where it is an arm wrestle and any team can win on the day if they come to play?
The latter, if anything you'll walk away with a new found respect for the NRL officials.

I'm pretty sure QPlus offers the Game of the Round for free on the app. You can have a watch, I could have only imagined what the BHQ reaction would have been to Pelgrave.

The latter, if anything you'll walk away with a new found respect for the NRL officials.

I'm pretty sure QPlus offers the Game of the Round for free on the app. You can have a watch, I could have only imagined what the BHQ reaction would have been to Pelgrave.
Reffing is a super tough job. So it isn't like I don't respect what they do when they do it well, and I am even very considerate that there will definitely be some errors in the game. The issue I have with modern NRL refs is that they seem to have been whittled down to a certain favoured bunch and these guys use the 6-again to manage the game to a certain degree.

I will check out the QRL app now, but I am sure that the QRL officials are actually doing a pretty solid job considering that they don't have someone with multiple camera angles speaking to them constantly tipping them off.

To me, the technology actually seems to limit the human element to the game, and really does lend itself to manipulation. Sure, there were often howlers by a ref, but the game was typically closer, more a contest, and the consistency may still not have been there, but it was more a genuine inconsistency, and not the current manufactured inconsistency we are seeing today. The refs in the NRL are being pulled apart by the media, and whoever can control the narrative in the media will get the leg-up.

Reffing is a super tough job. So it isn't like I don't respect what they do when they do it well, and I am even very considerate that there will definitely be some errors in the game. The issue I have with modern NRL refs is that they seem to have been whittled down to a certain favoured bunch and these guys use the 6-again to manage the game to a certain degree.

I will check out the QRL app now, but I am sure that the QRL officials are actually doing a pretty solid job considering that they don't have someone with multiple camera angles speaking to them constantly tipping them off.

To me, the technology actually seems to limit the human element to the game, and really does lend itself to manipulation. Sure, there were often howlers by a ref, but the game was typically closer, more a contest, and the consistency may still not have been there, but it was more a genuine inconsistency, and not the current manufactured inconsistency we are seeing today. The refs in the NRL are being pulled apart by the media, and whoever can control the narrative in the media will get the leg-up.
If you listen into the referee's mic. you're going to be in for an education. It's rampant across all levels and they all rely on a third referee to help manage a game.

I thought 'Trent' was long gone, was in for a rude awakening when it was still getting a work out up here.

If you listen into the referee's mic. you're going to be in for an education. It's rampant across all levels and they all rely on a third referee to help manage a game.

I thought 'Trent' was long gone, was in for a rude awakening when it was still getting a work out up here.
that sucks

Watching Wynnum Manly vs Redcliffe now, and it is just so much more enjoyable. There have been some ref clangers, but it is still just purer footy. It feels different to watch. Less plastic?

Watching Wynnum Manly vs Redcliffe now, and it is just so much more enjoyable. There have been some ref clangers, but it is still just purer footy. It feels different to watch. Less plastic?
We'll see if that opinion holds after full-time. 😛

I enjoy following the lower grades as well. It provides a good learning opportunity and really allows you to appreciate the sport.

They also don't treat it like a product like Nine and Fox do. Granted, the game would be dead without them, so it's a necessary evil but everything they do to get their money's worth is tacky.

Milford vs Josh Rogers coming up on 9Now at 2pm. Also another peek at Patston.

Black back today, McConnell is outplaying him at the moment and I think has been the dominant half at Bears.

Terrible weather in Rocky, Meninga was tough to watch and I imagine Cup is going to be the same. If you can shine out here today you’re doing well.

Rogers/Hamilton’s kicking game is a bigger deal than normal today.

There will be some Milford torpedos going up today with these conditions

Saw Braithen Scott is playing in the U17 QLD City v Country match this weekend. Where do you all think he's at compared to others his age?

Saw Braithen Scott is playing in the U17 QLD City v Country match this weekend. Where do you all think he's at compared to others his age?

He’s moved from 1 to 7 this year and I liked him better at 1. He’s still had a good year and Toowoomba were knocked out on Saturday but I don’t think he’s had the same impact at 7. He’s playing Cyril still so it’s hard to say where he is at. I love to see him play Meninga at 1.

Petero Civoniceva Medal standings after Round 4​

NameTeamPoints
Sam CosterBurleigh Bears6
Trai FullerRedcliffe Dolphins 6
Sam BurnsSunshine Coast Falcons5
Thomas DuffyNorthern Pride5
Lachlan HubnerCentral Queensland Capras4
Rhys JacksIpswich Jets4
Joshua StuckeyWynnum Manly Seagulls4
Sanny WaboPNG Hunters4

Broncos playing City/Country.

City- Sam Martin- Souths/hooker, Joesph Tupuse Souths Centre,
Fa'apale Feaunati Souths/Front rower.

Country- Braithen Scott/Toowoomba Half.

Broncos playing City/Country.

City- Sam Martin- Souths/hooker, Joesph Tupuse Souths Centre,
Fa'apale Feaunati Souths/Front rower.

Country- Braithen Scott/Toowoomba Half.
Marley McLaren - City Halfback
Jared Horne - City Lock
Finn Kendall - Country Centre

Active Now

• Organix
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.