9's day 1 wrap up

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
Well an interesting day today. Ill admit that Wb has picked a very young and inexperienced side, but so have the tigers, storm and a few others and they have shown more heart and fitness than our lot of pie eaters.. I know wayne isn't too interested in winning the 9's but it is a bit disappointing getting lapped by the gummy sharks.

For what its worth, I thought gavet was good, molo was was strong in the first game, parcell and jayden were also looking dangerous as well. lowrie tried hard as always.
As for maranta, you can polish it all you want but if it looks like it and smells like it then its still a steaming terd.
joe offa might be fit but he gets rolled too easy when he carts the ball, and isn't real effective in defense. milford looked disinterested and he and kodi looked big around the waist and thighs.. alex glenn didnt offer much in game 1 either. I dont know what to make of mcullough, he looked slow and lethargic.

I cant really say much about boyce, adams and alick as they had very limited time.
wb should rest milford tomorrow as there is no real benefit...

Last but not least, seeing kearney on the sidelines makes my skin crawl...he should have gone with hook...

Good post mate,can't add too much but I agree about Gavet and Molo

Gavet seemed to intimidate the defence which is what we've been lacking, and Molo really ran hard against the roosters for a young guy

Hopefully Eden has a blinder tomorrow to dislodge Maranta from the starting lineup.

Think youre pretty spot on. The error rate was fucking ridiculous. I think Gavet definitely showed he will be a handy player.

Think youre pretty spot on. The error rate was ****ing ridiculous. I think Gavet definitely showed he will be a handy player.

Our error count was pretty disappointing. It doesn't matter how many players of Milford's talent are in the side - tough to win games if we keep dropping the ball.

The defends in the first game was awesome I'll give them that, but my god the attacking has been shit. What's Milford doing?! Where is he? Where's kodi? There work ethic better be differen when season starts coz this is bullshit. Milfords doing a Barba. The whole team has been shit! Eden is the only one that as exceeds my expectations he's a billy slater 2.0

My biggest concern is how lethargic the team looked.

Hopefully it's just because of how brutal the pre-season training has been and they will be all good by when the season starts.

Last edited:
My biggest concern is how lethargic the team looked.

Hopefully it's just because of how brutal the pre-season training has been and they will be all good by when the season starts.

Yeah i agree, I don't think that will be an issue though seeing as it only had 5 or so definite starters of our real team

Not disagreeing per se, but like one of you said it is the NINES - A form of the game designed to encourage attacking football. Surely you three were expecting Milford to show something?

Yep, which he did on one of the few sets that we didn't drop the fucking ball on tackle one and two.

You expect Milford to pull shit out of his arse when we don't have the fucking ball because apparently most of our u20s have hands made out of bananas

Yep, which he did on one of the few sets that we didn't drop the ****ing ball on tackle one and two.

You expect Milford to pull **** out of his arse when we don't have the ****ing ball because apparently most of our u20s have hands made out of bananas

He showed something on one ****ing set? Wow! Lifetime deal, I reckon.

IMO the nines are a double edged sword. It gives exciting and new players a chance to shine, but at the same time can't always allow players to because of the lack of time and sets each team has.
Therefore if an exciting player doesn't get the opportunities to perform everyone starts to doubt whether they've got it or not.

And all this doubt over Milford, IMO he operates best when the defence is tired and eyes aren't always on him, so in a competition with unlimited interchanges and everyone aware that he's one of our only attacking options nullified him somewhat.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Dash
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • Astro
  • cento
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Strop
  • GCBRONCO
  • lakers133334
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • broncos4life
  • Fozz
  • Brocko
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  • Redux
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.