Andrew McCullough - The Great Enigma

I would've loved for us to have offered McInnis a contract. He could teach Macca a few things while winding down his career.

It would be a very Benbett decision too. Bringing back an old clubs men.

I wonder what the go is with Matt Srama? Hasn't re-signed with the Titans yet according to Zero Tackle. I wouldn't be against ta belling him an offer.

I like it. Srama has had some serious injuries but the kid is tough and he's a better hooker than Macca.

I had hope that McCullough could be our next great hooker ... 3 years ago. but that is gone now.

he has most of the skills required to be a quality hooker at this level ... except arguably the most important, speedy service.

unfortunately for us, he is also our best option at this stage.

hopefully he either drastically improves his service or Bennett cleans him out at seasons end and brings in a hooker that is capable of giving good service.

I think Bennett signed Waddell as a backup plan for hooker since Granville left and we really don't have any other options for hooker who have first grade experience or at least QLD cup experience. McCullough does need to lift his game though. He played so well early on this year when we were looking at Smith but when Smith re-signed he fell back into his comfort zone again.

I think Bennett signed Waddell as a backup plan for hooker since Granville left and we really don't have any other options for hooker who have first grade experience or at least QLD cup experience. McCullough does need to lift his game though. He played so well early on this year when we were looking at Smith but when Smith re-signed he fell back into his comfort zone again.

Waddell won't be able to push Macca out of his comfort zone again ... even on his worst day Macca shits all over Waddell as a hooker

Do we even know if Waddell is coming to the Broncos yet? Or is he just unwanted by the Knights so he is returning to Brisbane? Much ado about nothing if you ask me. Won't make the top 25. Hopefully we're looking at one of these QCup guys running around. Parcell or Butterfield could do the job if not already under contract? And yes, before 1910 asks if I've actually seen them play, I have.

Do we even know if Waddell is coming to the Broncos yet? Or is he just unwanted by the Knights so he is returning to Brisbane? Much ado about nothing if you ask me. Won't make the top 25. Hopefully we're looking at one of these QCup guys running around. Parcell or Butterfield could do the job if not already under contract? And yes, before 1910 asks if I've actually seen them play, I have.

It has been confirmed that Waddell is coming ... there was an interview with Bennett and he said he was bringing him with him

It has been confirmed that Waddell is coming ... there was an interview with Bennett and he said he was bringing him with him

The interview doesn't confirm that he is coming to the Broncos at all.

The interview doesn't confirm that he is coming to the Broncos at all.

not the PC he just had with the Broncos....

it was on Knights Insider ... the relevant part

Michael Klein via email: Hi Wayne, I think you did a great job in your time with the Knights no matter what the media reports, but I must ask will you be looking to recruit from the Newcastle ranks in your future time at the Broncos?

WB: There are some young players I brought to the Club that will come with me but that is because the Knights don’t want them. Travis Waddell, the Knights didn’t want him so he is coming with me. There were a number of players that came to the Knights because of me. While I don’t know what the future holds, I can say it is not my intention to be using Newcastle as a recruiting ground for the Broncos.

KNIGHTS INSIDER: Wayne Bennett - Knights

Yeah I know but it doesn't mean he's definitely coming with a Broncos contract or even a top 25 spot. He could just be coming back to Brisbane yet. It's possible anyway.

Wayne Bennett wasn't exactly crypic in those comments, doesn't mean he will get heaps of game time, but you certainly can't rule it out

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.