Anthony Milford @ 6

• Thread starter Marty Deutschmann
  • Start date
Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Milford's defence is fine....if anything he's better suited to it in the front line. Least more than Barba is.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
I have seen Milford punish forwards front on, his defence is more suited to the frontline than fullback.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I mustve missed all these games where milford "punished" forwards and had great front line defence. He started 6 in the U20's origin and was steamrolled over and over again before he got moved to fullback. Milford may have been a half in his younger days, but hes far too small to do it on a week to week basis.

Milford is a star and is one of the best attacking weapons around, but a solid defensive player he is not

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
I mustve missed all these games where milford "punished" forwards and had great front line defence. He started 6 in the U20's origin and was steamrolled over and over again before he got moved to fullback. Milford may have been a half in his younger days, but hes far too small to do it on a week to week basis.

Milford is a star and is one of the best attacking weapons around, but a solid defensive player he is not

yet.

the kids 20 so he'll grow some more. Not saying he'll be crushing players but cant write him off yet,

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
yet.

the kids 20 so he'll grow some more. Not saying he'll be crushing players but cant write him off yet,

true ... personally, i'd rather him take a similar path to Lockyer.

continue to develop his game at fullback, with a bit more time and space to do things. should also help his vision. then when he is truely ready move him to 5/8 full time

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
They like never threw him the ball. Ew. He was just so under used in 5/8th. And then compared to the game barba had. .... wow. What a contrast

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Fullback for mine.

Agreed. Milford may make a great 6 down the track but right now he is one of the top fullbacks in the game and Barba is looking great in the 6 and I can't see any reason why he would stop improving there. Why change what's working?

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Agreed. Milford may make a great 6 down the track but right now he is one of the top fullbacks in the game and Barba is looking great in the 6 and I can't see any reason why he would stop improving there. Why change what's working?

Exactly.

A couple of bigger props on the bench and we're all set.

animal eater

animal eater

QCup Player
Jul 27, 2013
Really going to throw a spanner in the works if Wayne convinces Khunt to be 5/8 for the Broncos next year.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Really going to throw a spanner in the works if Wayne convinces Khunt to be 5/8 for the Broncos next year.

Khunt has signed with the reds.Hasn't been made 'official' but it's done.

Why would Wayne be looking to do this anyway?

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Looks like Milford played pretty well at 6, with a hand in 2 tries.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
The first try he created was more a result of the type of run he made at fullback than any sort of playmaking. His kicking was decidedly average with 2 kicks from just inside his own half going directly into a Dragons player.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
The first try he created was more a result of the type of run he made at fullback than any sort of playmaking. His kicking was decidedly average with 2 kicks from just inside his own half going directly into a Dragons player.

I didn't see the game so I was just judging it off the highlights.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Leave him at 1 with Barba at 6

sticky only moved him to 5/8 because we did that to Barba :P

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

and the first of those giving his side another set of six. Might have been lucky....but a valid piece of information that shouldn't be omitted so easily.

A 5/8 doesn't have to be ball playing all the time. That first try was created by him being his natural self and playing what was in front of him at the time. Other periods throughout the game he had nice passes (one put Croker in the corner) and good organization. The Raiders are a mess....he's got a hard gig.

Active Now

• Santa
  • davidp
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.