VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
He’s also spent his entire coaching career bending us over illegally both on and off the field. During negotiations too. I don’t dislike many more people in rugby league than Bellamy so this little gotcha moment didn’t quite work. I wouldn’t rule him out but I’d certainly not be very happy if he decided to come to the club now that Smith is close to retiring.

I’m sure you get my point, you’re just doing what you usually do. I want someone who loves the club to coach us, wouldn’t that be your preference too?
but are you insinuating anyone that didn't grow up loving us would value sabotaging us more than being successful in their career?

i mean, a coach that can't get the broncos playing well, with all their resources, isn't going to exactly scream a good candidate elsewhere, so they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if that was their aim.

but are you insinuating anyone that didn't grow up loving us would value sabotaging us more than being successful in their career?

i mean, a coach that can't get the broncos playing well, with all their resources, isn't going to exactly scream a good candidate elsewhere, so they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if that was their aim.
Not really insinuating anything. I just want a coach that loves the club that is also qualified over a Craig Fitzgibbon, Ben Cross or Jason Ryles specifically. I’d settle for someone who is more known for coaching than their playing career like Maguire or Bellamy, despite not liking the way the latter has treated the club. It does worry me that these guys hated the club growing up and might not be trusted with the future of our club, but that’s only a small part of my point

Not really insinuating anything. I just want a coach that loves the club that is also qualified over a Craig Fitzgibbon, Ben Cross or Jason Ryles specifically. I’d settle for someone who is more known for coaching than their playing career like Maguire or Bellamy, despite not liking the way the latter has treated the club. It does worry me that these guys hated the club growing up and might not be trusted with the future of our club, but that’s only a small part of my point
Seibold loves the club, wasn't known for his playing days, and sucks ass. It doesn't always work out the way you want. If you hire someone you have to trust they're going to do the best thing by the club regardless of their past allegiances, otherwise we'll just have to hire guys that played a handful of games for us and hope it works out.

Seibold loves the club, wasn't known for his playing days, and sucks ass. It doesn't always work out the way you want. If you hire someone you have to trust they're going to do the best thing by the club regardless of their past allegiances, otherwise we'll just have to hire guys that played a handful of games for us and hope it works out.
Seibold wasn’t somebody I wanted at the club either. He might have qualifications but his flaws stuck out to some of us at the Rabbits and they’re far more obvious now. They didn’t have to play for us, I just really disliked those three players in the early 2000’s and would prefer they weren’t out coaches.

Morris at today’s AGM has confirmed that Seibold will be reviewed at the end of the season.
I cannot see him going anywhere until at least this point imo. The storm could put 80 on us Friday night and I still reckon he will have a job come Saturday morning.

From the great P.White:
“There has been some questions asked of us both publicly and privately in terms of our results this year,”
“We are not where we want to be it is fair to say. We did start the year very well prior to the Covid lockdown, but since we came out of that period the results haven’t been what we demanded of ourselves and this club.

It is important to remember or restate that we are not in a rebuilding phase. We have been significantly impacted by injuries, suspension and unavailability of players since we reconvened but our foundation is very strong.

“We always remain in the market to strengthen that roster and develop our football operations. It is important to know that we have a plan and our plan isn’t week-to-week. We know we have to win a game this weekend and we are enormously conscious of that.

“But we also have to have a plan for the future and I can assure you the club does have a strong plan for the future.”

I’d hate to see a rebuilding phase under White, if this isn’t one..

I’m sure you get my point, you’re just doing what you usually do.

tenor.gif

I want someone who loves the club to coach us, wouldn’t that be your preference too?

In terms of things that is important to me when selecting a coach, the pie graph would look something like this:

I did say being qualified and loving the club were what I’d prefer but I guess that wouldn’t have made your attempt at humour work.

You asked what I'd prefer, not to give my opinion on what you'd prefer.

So we agree then? Wonderful

As long as you'd agree that being the best coach available SIGNIFICANTLY outweighs any perceived 'love' for the club or being from Brisbane/Queensland, then yes, we do. :)

As long as you'd agree that being the best coach available SIGNIFICANTLY outweighs any perceived 'love' for the club or being from Brisbane/Queensland, then yes, we do. :)
And in turn I’d hope that you’d agree that if the two best coaches were available, with one as a fan of the club you’d make that one your preference, right?

And also, the 3 coaches I initially named aren’t even close to being the best coaches. Are you implying they are @Unbreakable? If not this conversation is just a waste of everyone’s time, but you know that already

And in turn I’d hope that you’d agree that if the two best coaches were available, with one as a fan of the club you’d make that one your preference, right?

Of course.

But I mean, what are the odds that there's 2 equally qualified / suitable coaches both available for the coaching job at the same time, one of which loves the club and one of which doesn't? Seems like a bit of an outlandish scenario.

Demas sitting there staring in disbelief at his laptop 3/4 through Wests game was 100% lols

Why do these numbers say we are terrible!
I'm pretty sure I saw smoke coming from his laptop at one stage. I think the team fucked his computer.

And also, the 3 coaches I initially named aren’t even close to being the best coaches. Are you implying they are @Unbreakable? If not this conversation is just a waste of everyone’s time, but you know that already

Please don't start doing this weird stuff where you make out I'm implying stuff that I'm not and intentionally derailing threads. It's a pretty standard conversation we're having, in an appropriate thread.

You didn't explicitly say that it had to be one of those 3 coaches, you said a couple of times in multiple posts that you want someone who loves the club and that anyone who grew up as a non-fan doesn't seem like a good idea because they all despise us.

I just think it'd be insanely dumb to rule out 95% of the coaches in the NRL because they didn't play for us or support us growing up. We need to pick the right man for the job, not the one that makes the old boys and casual fans happy.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Alec
  • ell.d33
  • bb_gun
  • Strop
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosMan
  • I bleed Maroon
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Santa
  • Rowdy124
  • broncs30
  • Porthoz
  • Spooky1013
  • Justwin
  • pennywisealfie
  • Bish
  • Johnny92
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.