VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
Nah, I think he tried to divide by zero too many times
It finally makes sense, Demas has been feeding Seibold imaginary numbers this whole season!

It is important to remember or restate that we are not in a rebuilding phase. We have been significantly impacted by injuries, suspension and unavailability of players since we reconvened but our foundation is very strong.
That's amazing, given Karl Morris said this and more not 3 weeks ago:
In the wake of the 30-12 loss to the Titans and the blowtorch that has been applied to the Broncos externally after five consecutive defeats, Morris said to several media outlets the club always knew Seibold was going to need two or three years to get the roster in shape.

He was also quoted as saying that Seibold had said it would take several years to sort out the issues he had inherited.

I'm pretty sure I saw smoke coming from his laptop at one stage. I think the team fucked his computer.

Clearly running Intel. Get some AMD in there Demas and watch the Broncos soar!! Lisa will save us.

I did find it funny watching 360 last night Hooper and Kent saying they felt sorry for Seibold blah blah blah. These ***** have been slamming him for a solid year ffs.

Clearly running Intel. Get some AMD in there Demas and watch the Broncos soar!! Lisa will save us.

I did find it funny watching 360 last night Hooper and Kent saying they felt sorry for Seibold blah blah blah. These ***** have been slamming him for a solid year ffs.

in one of Kent's articles he basically said the Broncos should take note of how the Cowboys handled the Green situation. obviously in reference to getting rid of seibs.

so by that i take it Kent means we should tolerate 2.5 years at the bottom of the table before punting our coach

in one of Kent's articles he basically said the Broncos should take note of how the Cowboys handled the Green situation. obviously in reference to getting rid of seibs.

so by that i take it Kent means we should tolerate 2.5 years at the bottom of the table before punting our coach

Well it seems the powers that be are actually willing to wait longer.

Well it seems the powers that be are actually willing to wait longer.

we've had half a year at the bottom ... still got 2 years to go to catch the Cowboys with Green.

in the unlikely event Seibs is the coach next year, he won't survive 2021 if we're still where we are right now

we've had half a year at the bottom ... still got 2 years to go to catch the Cowboys with Green.

in the unlikely event Seibs is the coach next year, he won't survive 2021 if we're still where we are right now

I don't think the Cows have ever been accused of not trying...repeatedly...and looked like reserve reserve reserve graders.

I know you want to defend the board and I respect that by the way but you can't with a straight face say that this current coach (who was hired by a mate I might add) is even in the same class as Green. And Green is not in the same class as Bellamy / Robinson.

I don't think the Cows have ever been accused of not trying...repeatedly...and looked like reserve reserve reserve graders.

I know you want to defend the board and I respect that by the way but you can't with a straight face say that this current coach (who was hired by a mate I might add) is even in the same class as Green. And Green is not in the same class as Bellamy / Robinson.

Even if Seibs is a mate of White (and i'm not sure that's the case, except the knew each other from Rocky) ... he isn't a mate of Locky or Morris.

but you know who was a mate of White (for 30 odd years no less) and a mentor to Lockyer ... a bloke by the name of Wayne Bennett ... and that 30 year friendship didn't save Wayne

Even if Seibs is a mate of White (and i'm not sure that's the case, except the knew each other from Rocky) ... he isn't a mate of Locky or Morris.

but you know who was a mate of White (for 30 odd years no less) and a mentor to Lockyer ... a bloke by the name of Wayne Bennett ... and that 30 year friendship didn't save Wayne

I'm not absolving Lockyer or Morris from responsibility, don't get me wrong. Both seem a bit out of their depth as the five year contract to the current coach shows. The fact they seem to be constantly contradicting each other in the media is not a good sign. The fact they are all in the media so much is not a good sign.

And moving Bennett on was the right thing to do but they all absolutely botched the execution.

I believe White may not have been involved in the decision on WBs sacking. I think it is possible he was instructed to 'get it done' or be gone himself. I mean White is widely considered a man of integrity and honestly does have a good reputation. These things take years to build and he made his contract with WB.

Now WB wasn't failing, he wasn't winning premierships but he definitely was getting consistent pass marks so why would White need to rush it? Aside from the teams performance WB was a friend too. It seems strange, at least to me that such a rush was put on. Something just isn't right, at least to my sceptical mind.

don't think it was going to be rushed he was always suppose to be coach last year and moved into an off field roll this year,he wasn't happy with that and wanted to coach this year also with demetriou to take over after that.i guess the club decided that wasnt how they wanted to move forward and went with seibold instead after missing out on bellemy.shit talk in the media sparked the coach swap a year early imo.

atleast that is my understanding how shit went down
I believe White may not have been involved in the decision on WBs sacking. I think it is possible he was instructed to 'get it done' or be gone himself. I mean White is widely considered a man of integrity and honestly does have a good reputation. These things take years to build and he made his contract with WB.

Now WB wasn't failing, he wasn't winning premierships but he definitely was getting consistent pass marks so why would White need to rush it? Aside from the teams performance WB was a friend too. It seems strange, at least to me that such a rush was put on. Something just isn't right, at least to my sceptical mind.

Wasn’t it because we were making a play to get bellyache? He was off contract last year so there was a rush. Maybe they were offering him five years and just changed the name on the contract to seibold. It’s the only way I can make sense of them giving an unproven coach five years.

Wasn’t it because we were making a play to get bellyache? He was off contract last year so there was a rush. Maybe they were offering him five years and just changed the name on the contract to seibold. It’s the only way I can make sense of them giving an unproven coach five years.

But chasing bellyache was Wayne’s idea according to Wayne.

No, not to my recollection. There appeared to be ample time because the Bronco's were pushing him out in 2018 yet he still had all of 2019 to go. All the shit fight was in 2018 so there definitely shouldn't have been a rush. Fine to make a decision to go a new direction in early?2018 but once they had decided that I cannot understand what the rush was to get it done FOR the 2019 season.

Okay, I understand all the arguments as to why SOME wanted him gone before the end of his contract but as I say, there was plenty of time if they in fact were going to act honourably and allow him to finish with dignity. I understand WB wanted to go a little longer but his desire to coach for longer shouldn't have had an impact on the Broncos decision.

They simply could have said, fine WB, we understand you want to continue but we won't be renewing your contract. That's pretty much how it's done in business and if they wanted it to finish sooner, also fine but pay him out. That's also how it's done generally. Instead they acted like secret agents and in my opinion, disrespected a good man. The record shows I never supported the premature end to his contract and I believe that view was the correct one.

I would have wholeheartedly supported WB finishing his time and helping the new man, Seibold coming in. I never heard a sound argument as to why it was 'untenable'. In fact I was told if I didn't understand why it was so, my mental faculty was in serious question.

Last edited:
Imagine losing Kevvie to the Cowboys because you wanted to do a EOY review to find out what you already knew.
After round 20:

Boy he really is shit, oh damn we missed out on our next coach. What's John Cartwright doing these days - 5 year deal stat!

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • KateBroncos1812
  • pennywisealfie
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosMan
  • broncs30
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • BroncosAlways
  • Manofoneway
  • lynx000
  • leon.bott
  • The Don
  • Griffo
  • Spooky1013
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.