Are the fans "over" the Broncos?

I think Wayne Bennetts weakness, is that he prepares his team for a game, but doesn't prepare for the team he is playing. He doesn't look at who he's coming up against. His said this on many occasions, and Walters confirmed it before the storm game. Where you look at how Melbourne is coached they pick off other teams weaknesses.

I think Wayne Bennetts weakness, is that he prepares his team for a game, but doesn't prepare for the team he is playing. He doesn't look at who he's coming up against. His said this on many occasions, and Walters confirmed it before the storm game. Where you look at how Melbourne is coached they pick off other teams weaknesses.

That's just asking for trouble isn't it but maybe the broncos can't even get their own game right so it's what Wayne can only focus on.

What I'd like to know is why is our recruitment not at the forefront of the game?

Jordan Mclean went to the cowboys. God knows we need a massive body at prop who bends the line and Mclean would be great IMO. Did the Broncos recruitment even try to go for McLean? If not, I'd really like to know why. Do we not rate Jordan Mclean? If that's the case then that is honestly fucking horrible.

Why didn't we go for Josh Addo Carr when he was available? He is a blistering fast winger who would be a perfect combination with James Roberts.

What is going on with our recruitment?

What I'd like to know is why is our recruitment not at the forefront of the game?

Jordan Mclean went to the cowboys. God knows we need a massive body at prop who bends the line and Mclean would be great IMO. Did the Broncos recruitment even try to go for McLean? If not, I'd really like to know why. Do we not rate Jordan Mclean? If that's the case then that is honestly fucking horrible.

Why didn't we go for Josh Addo Carr when he was available? He is a blistering fast winger who would be a perfect combination with James Roberts.

What is going on with our recruitment?

Probably didn't want to pay McLean 2 mil over 3 seasons

According to an article from March yeah. No idea how accurate that is though.
Okay well that's alot of coin for one player but we desperately need a big body 195cm+ over 115kg agile quick front rower. We are dominated all too often in the forwards.

Okay well that's alot of coin for one player but we desperately need a big body 195cm+ over 115kg agile quick front rower. We are dominated all too often in the forwards.

Yup I agree mate. Hopefully Lodge can fill that roll for 1/5th the price.

Yup I agree mate. Hopefully Lodge can fill that roll for 1/5th the price.
I actually don't think I've ever seen Lodge play. There's big wraps on him. Is he a mammoth? Is he destructive? Any YouTube links of him?

I actually don't think I've ever seen Lodge play. There's big wraps on him. Is he a mammoth? Is he destructive? Any YouTube links of him?

Yeah I haven't seen him either, just basing it off what I've read on here.

Yeah I haven't seen him either, just basing it off what I've read on here.
I'll need to see footage of him playing. Can't believe the hype without seeing first hand what he's capable of.

If anyone can share a link of Lodge playing that would be great.

No doubt at all lodge is better player in Queensland cup. Can he perform and maintain standard week to week next year.

Last edited:

Well he was very destructive that one time...

Well he was very destructive that one time...
I watched him a few times this season and from what I've seen I'm pretty excited.
You see the guys that just don't belong in the ISC, they have a certain presence on the field. If he has a good pre season and is fit he could be anything.

I watched him a few times this season and from what I've seen I'm pretty excited.
You see the guys that just don't belong in the ISC, they have a certain presence on the field. If he has a good pre season and is fit he could be anything.

Let's hope so because it seems the Broncs have put a lot of eggs in his very, very risky basket.

Hubby and I have decided that the Broncos have appeared to become a bunch of entitled little brats. We call them Brisbane Boys College kids. (No offence, Nudgee works too lol). Like just because they're Broncos they've already achieved greatness. When they haven't, they've achieved NOTHING. Thaiday & Boyd are the exception.

I think we need a massive attitude overhaul & a reality check. Maybe then we will see results on the field.

Hubby and I have decided that the Broncos have appeared to become a bunch of entitled little brats. We call them Brisbane Boys College kids. (No offence, Nudgee works too lol). Like just because they're Broncos they've already achieved greatness. When they haven't, they've achieved NOTHING. Thaiday & Boyd are the exception.

I think we need a massive attitude overhaul & a reality check. Maybe then we will see results on the field.

I would like another chance to like this post...

This lot are stars because of what OTHERS have done for the Broncos and they now play for the Broncos, not because what THEY have done...

Active Now

• davidp
  • Big Del
  • broncoscope
  • Xzei
  • barker
  • Fozz
  • Culhwch
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Morkel
  • Maddy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Jazza
  • Browny
  • Rambstien
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Rowdy124
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.