Arrow vs McGuire

We are not disagreeing with the fact we had other priorities, we are disagreeing with your summation that he does not offer any more than a dime a dozen forward.

I said he doesn't offer what we need.

He is a workhorse. Like another Parker, but we need different.

I'd probably take 2011-2015 Parker over pretty much any other forward since then.

Last edited:
Arrow's departure and the Broncos reluctance to get into a bidding war says more about the talented forwards coming through the ranks then anything(his not the only hardworking forward with a quality offload coming through the ranks) and I don't think Bird was exclusively signed to be lock necessarily either(not saying it's a position you could rule him out for but there was always speculation of him playing a number of positions) so I don't consider him directly at least in competition/replacement for Arrow.

Frankly with what we have seen of Bird this year it's hard to be thrilled with his recruitment considering it's hard to get any accurate reading of where he is truly at given that his entry to the club was hindered with injury, his overweight and then when he did take the field poor form, positional shuffling and injuries would be present, how he responds to this(assuming his still at the club) is open to speculation. I hope for his sake and ours that if he is here next year and beyond it's much more promising.

Arrow and Bird are the least of any concern for the the side in general however, we have more pressing concerns like getting our spine in order. Infact in the scope of things the forwards, especially the players coming through the ranks is the highpoint of our squad and our season in general.
Agree.
However our problem does not entirely lie with the players we are
recruiting or retaining but with the person who is tasked with successfully doing that job. May I suggest they do better.

Last edited:

Active Now

• RodF
  • Morkel
  • Fitzy
  • Aldo
  • winslow_wong
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • bazza
  • Dash
  • davidp
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Matheos
  • Ozired
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Allo
  • mrslong
  • thenry
  • bb_gun
  • The True King
  • Jazza
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.