OFFICIAL Ashley Taylor to Titans

Should Ash Taylor Be Promoted ASAP

• He's A Dud, Stupid Thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: James Roberts signs with the Brisbane Broncos

Definitely feel for Elgey, quite a blow early in his career and hope he can recover from it. For the Titans I hope for their sake they do give Taylor a shot in the halves, they are in a position where playing safe is no longer an option, Hoffman at 5/8th is an example of taking the safe option, better to blood Taylor now.

Ha Hoffman at 5/8th is just so ridiculous. Shouldn't even come into the thought pattern of being "safe"

Ha Hoffman at 5/8th is just so ridiculous. Shouldn't even come into the thought pattern of being "safe"
I was going to say, that's more like "safe" for a wooden spoon.

I can see [MENTION=1808]GCBRONCO[/MENTION] 's point though, some coaches (hello Griffin) would rather put a useless ball player in the halves as long as they can defend, instead of a genuine ball player.

I can see [MENTION=1808]GCBRONCO[/MENTION] 's point though, some coaches (hello Griffin) would rather put a useless ball player in the halves as long as they can defend, instead of a genuine ball player.

Oh yeah i didn't mean he was wrong by saying that. . I agree with him and you on that point.

It just isn't worth losing game after game then losing your job as a coach

From what I understand, Gus was just throwing names that had played 6 before. He probably meant to include the likes of Mortimer & Zillman but for whatever reason Hoffman came to mind. While every effort should be made to make Taylor into a first grader, I don't see anything wrong with having other options. I've seen it happen time and time again, a young kid plays well in the lower grades, is thrown straight into the deep end and struggles to live up to his potential. You've got to be patient, especially if you want long term success. Otherwise, you end up in situations like Wests found themselves in where both Moses and Brooks struggled to play their best football and Taylor didn't have anyone else to turn to.

From what I understand, Gus was just throwing names that had played 6 before. He probably meant to include the likes of Mortimer & Zillman but for whatever reason Hoffman came to mind. While every effort should be made to make Taylor into a first grader, I don't see anything wrong with having other options. I've seen it happen time and time again, a young kid plays well in the lower grades, is thrown straight into the deep end and struggles to live up to his potential. You've got to be patient, especially if you want long term success. Otherwise, you end up in situations like Wests found themselves in where both Moses and Brooks struggled to play their best football and Taylor didn't have anyone else to turn to.

As much as I can't stand the guy, he had Austin didn't he? Or is my timing out?

Taylor released him before the pre-season.

Oh yeah i didn't mean he was wrong by saying that. . I agree with him and you on that point.

It just isn't worth losing game after game then losing your job as a coach

Pretty much. If Henry chooses Hoffman at 6 the Titans deserve a wooden spoon.

I can see @GCBRONCO 's point though, some coaches (hello Griffin) would rather put a useless ball player in the halves as long as they can defend, instead of a genuine ball player.

Ball player is being kind, ball runner is more like and even then, he struggled to make a dent at 5/8th for the Broncos. But yeah putting Hoffman at 5/8th is the safe option because your just putting him there to fill a gap but not really to serve the actual purpose of that position, that is the sort of thing you do in a short term period of a season not for the whole. Big Pete is right that there are risks involved in him playing first grade, but the Titans really need to salvage something from this season and by that I'm not even suggesting a top 8 finish. Looking at other options isn't wrong either, but you got to justify them still.

When I say safe I mean its a patch up job at best, the sort of thing you do when your in a position where you have run out of options, not when others are available, it's safe because your not even rolling a dice your just conceding already. The real question is what are you gaining from it, especially when prior to the injury news they weren't rated to do that well anyway, for the Titans they need more then just a few wins this season, they need to show development in a number of players and when your in a position like the Titans or Tigers, that can mean short term pain for long term gain.

Last edited:
IIRC, if you have a player go down with a long term injury (eg, an entire season), you get a cap allowance. Depending on what Elgey was on (he just re-signed, didn't he?), they might have $200 - $250k to spend on an ageing, close-to-retiring playmaker on a 1 year deal.

There is nothing wrong with looking at other options I agree and the Titans do have that, but if they just jump on Hoffman then it really just highlights the lack of direction from the club. Yes there are risks involved in playing Taylor but he does have Roberts or Mortimer to play alongside so its not all that bad, perhaps the best way to introduce him is to build up time in the Queensland Cup, build up his confidence and then introduce him when they feel his confident for it.

Bird trained at 5/8.

The Titans need to go on the market.. They should have cap space.

They have lost Roberts, Sezer, Taylor, Myles and they didn't get DCE. They have signed McQueen, Tyrone Roberts, Ash Taylor and Shillington since then..

They should have plenty of money left over.

Last edited:
what was the point of stealing Taylor off us, if they're not going to use him

Bird only training there aa a backup for taylor. If Taylors fit, he'll play 7. Roberts 6

I heard he was having second thoughts about this move before Elgeys injury, if he doesnt get a start now i think he will be ropeable!

I am obviously not going to name names, but i know somebody that knows him pretty well. He told me this a few weeks ago tbf.

And i dont expect anyone to just believe what i have said. I'm not stupid, anyone can post anything and i wouldn't take offence to anyone not believing it either. I think you have to kind of expect it on a message board!

In a article about Henry calling for a trade window that was just posted, he's quoted saying "we'll put faith in Tyrone and Taylor".

i couldn't be bothered finding the link though so just google it.

Unread

Active Now

• jarro65
  • BroncsNBundy
  • sooticus
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • heartly87
  • Mick_Hancock
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.