Attn Rock

Coxy said:
Well that's a good point too.

My point was more that it was a bona fide, no holds barred **** up. Hayne's was a correct call.

PLUS, despite that set back - in the 69th minute - Queensland recovered and ended up drawing the game (thus winning the series).

NSW had a fair call go against them, dropped their heads, blinked and were down 18-2.

QLD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NSW

If anyone needs an example of Queensland's ability to put a bad call behind them see game 3 2006, the decider at Docklands. In the space of 15 minutes we had three absolute howlers go against us. NSW scored two quick tries, both which were questionable. We were down 14-4 and heading for four straight Origin series defeats. Somehow Queensland found a way past it - thank you Brent Tate and Darren Lockyer.

There's no way NSW would have been able to conjure victory from such a position. It's inconceivable.

Whenever I hear Storm fans bitch to me about the poor standard of refereeing in the 2006 Grand Final I tell them to remember this game. Queensland had three of the worst decisions go against them in a short space of time yet they found a way to win.

Cameron Smith said:
Calls have gone against us in the past in Origin and that happens. You can't help that sort of stuff. It's how you respond.

Ah-fucking-men

Steve said:
Coxy said:
Well that's a good point too.

My point was more that it was a bona fide, no holds barred **** up. Hayne's was a correct call.

PLUS, despite that set back - in the 69th minute - Queensland recovered and ended up drawing the game (thus winning the series).

NSW had a fair call go against them, dropped their heads, blinked and were down 18-2.

QLD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NSW

If anyone needs an example of Queensland's ability to put a bad call behind them see game 3 2006, the decider at Docklands. In the space of 15 minutes we had three absolute howlers go against us. NSW scored two quick tries, both which were questionable. We were down 14-4 and heading for four straight Origin series defeats. Somehow Queensland found a way past it - thank you Brent Tate and Darren Lockyer.

There's no way NSW would have been able to conjure victory from such a position. It's inconceivable.

Whenever I hear Storm fans bitch to me about the poor standard of refereeing in the 2006 Grand Final I tell them to remember this game. Queensland had three of the worst decisions go against them in a short space of time yet they found a way to win.

Thank you brett Hodgson as well. :mrgreen:

The Rock said:
Well actually, we won Origin 1 really. Hayne's try should have been benefit of the doubt. So that's 24 points. Actually, I'll give it 22 - Gidley miss at kick.

Plus Inglis is actually a New South Welshman....so that's 6 more points for us. So that gets us onto 28 points. So NSW actually won 28-24.

then you take out the Creagh try from a forward pass from Farah (which i see you cockroach supporters are forgetting about) and we win

The Rock said:
Hayne's try should have been benefit of the doubt.

There was no doubt. Harrigan saw he stepped on the line on the first view. He went looking for a reason to give you whingers a try and couldn't find one.

Queensland 28-18 Wailers

The Rock said:
At least none of our players have been sent off during a game for abusing an official. That would be pretty low.

A NSW player has not had a reason to call an offical a f*cking cheat now has he?

Harrigan knew he was wrong, and to this day Tallis stands by his decision because they both know that Harrigan was a f**king cheat.

Fozz said:
There was no doubt. Harrigan saw he stepped on the line on the first view. He went looking for a reason to give you whingers a try and couldn't find one.

IMO that's EXACTLY why it took so many replays and so long. His problem was he knew we could all see the foot on the line, he was just trying to find a way to negate that fact.

No, Bill knew it was a no try in the first couple of replays, he only called for 3. He had made his call and pressed the 'button'. All the other replays where called by the producers of the show for dramatic effect. Bill had no say in the other replays that was the call of the TV station. Not him.

Tallis had grounds, there were 3 blatant knock on's leading to NSW's winning try. This was someone standing on the line in the 5th minute.

No, we're laughing at you because you support NSW.

And the fact that you called Harrigan a cheat over a clear no try. At least Gordie had some basis for calling Hollywood a cheat, you got nothing!

The Rock said:
It's ok for Queenslanders to call "cheat" but not OK for NSW!

ROFL! Love the way your minds work, guys. Actually no I don't - it's misguided! [icon_wink

Maybe Harrigan didn't see the knock ons? You know, there was only 1 referee back then, no video referee either - Pretty easy to make that mistake.

But these days, there's 2 video refs, 2 referees, 2 touchies yet they still went upstairs to "check it".

He may not have seen 1 of them, but there were 2 other ones to miss!!!!

It's different when it's a blatant ref error. On this occasion, the ref got it right FFS!!!!!!!!

hayne_foot.jpg

Therefore no basis for complaint re: Cheating from harrigan.

3 knock ons missed = basis for complaints re: Cheating from harrigan.

The Rock said:
Ref got it wrong Jeba. Come on mate, the first step is admitting you have a problem. (With NSW winning..)

Yes I do have a problem with NSW winning. Lucky I won't have to face those demons this year or over the last 3 years!!!

Game 3 2006 was the worst!!! I get angry still thinking about it! Also Game 1 2007 was bad also. Remember the Hindmarsh "try" where he didn't ground the ball and the Steve Price "forward pass" Gah, but we didn't let it get to us, we fought on.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • The True King
  • Browny
  • sooticus
  • Foordy
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Jedhead
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.