CRICKET Australia v Pakistan Series

Australia need a lead, no two ways about it. They aren't chasing anything significant on this pitch.
They also need Lyon to be a threat... Salman has looked the most dangerous for Pakistan.

I suspect that Head would get some side spin on this pitch so if Lyon is struggling and going for runs then will Cummins make the call to change over to a Head or Marnus for a change or will he just persist with his front line 4 bowlers to get the wickets.

He may not have much of a lead to play with to be risking Lyon and/or Starc leaking runs

Have just seen the Head wicket for the first time and that was a pretty shit call too... right arm around the wicket and you can see Head's middle and off stump.

For an LBW is the umpire meant to adjudicate whether the ball is only required to be clipping the stumps to give them out or is it more that the seam should be hitting the stumps?

DRS had it just clipping leg stump, but that seems very harsh to be giving out.

With DRS being around for so long now I kind of see LBW's as needing to be that half ball requirement (i.e. the seam of the ball) to be better than umpire's call as far as giving it out, especially when it comes to pitching outside leg or hitting in front of off stump, but in reality the ump might be very trigger happy and ready to call it out as long as it meets the absolutely bare minimum of requirements i.e. fractionally inline and then clipping the wickets.

Have just seen the Head wicket for the first time and that was a pretty shit call too... right arm around the wicket and you can see Head's middle and off stump.

For an LBW is the umpire meant to adjudicate whether the ball is only required to be clipping the stumps to give them out or is it more that the seam should be hitting the stumps?

DRS had it just clipping leg stump, but that seems very harsh to be giving out.

With DRS being around for so long now I kind of see LBW's as needing to be that half ball requirement (i.e. the seam of the ball) to be better than umpire's call as far as giving it out, especially when it comes to pitching outside leg or hitting in front of off stump, but in reality the ump might be very trigger happy and ready to call it out as long as it meets the absolutely bare minimum of requirements i.e. fractionally inline and then clipping the wickets.

Yeah both LBWs were poor to give, so much doubt on both.

Carey misses a straight one, of course he does.

Yeah both LBWs were poor to give, so much doubt on both.

Carey misses a straight one, of course he does.
Poor considering the previous ball went straight on and had almost undone him... it's a big wicket right on tea.

Still 24 runs behind and Marsh with the tail now, who haven't been all that great at hanging around.

I think Aust would be happy with a lead of 50 at this point, but that's a long way away yet... the big 10th wicket partnership from shit house bowling coming back to bite them.

And Marsh gets himself out. This is going to end up being even Stevens unless the Aussie tail can wag which I doubt they will.

Aus tail completely skittled for a combined 6 runs

Bored Come On GIF

Starc rips one through him... he was looking for it all over and on the last ball he swings it back through the gate... maybe a bit of seam as well??

Yep a ton of seam on that... Aussie bowlers need to be hitting the stumps or ensuring the batsmen have to play it and let the pitch do the rest

And now Masood for a golden... he just cannot help but play at the ball.

Ball is so wide and not threatening at all, but he plays a nothing jab at it and is caught behind

This pitch has become unplayable. This is insane.

Australia will struggle to chase 50 on this, the pitch surface has just totally fallen apart.

Starc just doesn't look as threatening to left handers compared to righties.

Cue Starc skittling this leftie opener!!

Not enough catchers around Lyon on this pitch.

Need a leg slip for sure

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.